Lennon
11-29-2004, 12:54 PM
yeah doesnt look like E46 at all.

Fast... too bad its only an E36!

Paul540/m3
11-29-2004, 01:03 PM
oops, i fu<ht>cked that up
dont i look stupid lol

How do i change the Title on the Main Page?

GEEE$
11-29-2004, 02:10 PM
Awesome forced setup...but can he put that type of power to the tires properly?

That is the million dollar question.

G$

Rampage
11-29-2004, 03:31 PM
wow! Thats incredible

330DTM
11-29-2004, 05:23 PM
Awesome forced setup...but can he put that type of power to the tires properly?

That is the million dollar question.

G$

Perhaps with street tires he'll just get wheelspin all through till 4th (just a rough guess). But if you saw this video with a 700hp-ish Swedish E36 M3 racing around the streets with a Supra, Civic Type R and Wrx STi, then you'll see he's spinning up to 4th gear if I can remember.

Then again most of the eletronic boost controllers out there now are pretty smart and can vary the boost with the speed of the car (something like that). For example, it'll be running lower boost in 1st and 2nd gear since getting traction probably will be tough if you run high boost and once it reaches into 3rd and 4th it'll switch over to full boost.

There's also a system called Race Logic (that should be the name of the product) which is sort of a traction control device, helpful for high horsepowered car applications.

TheMadChigga
11-29-2004, 05:31 PM
Perhaps with street tires he'll just get wheelspin all through till 4th (just a rough guess). But if you saw this video with a 700hp-ish Swedish E36 M3 racing around the streets with a Supra, Civic Type R and Wrx STi, then you'll see he's spinning up to 4th gear if I can remember.

Then again most of the eletronic boost controllers out there now are pretty smart and can vary the boost with the speed of the car (something like that). For example, it'll be running lower boost in 1st and 2nd gear since getting traction probably will be tough if you run high boost and once it reaches into 3rd and 4th it'll switch over to full boost.

There's also a system called Race Logic (that should be the name of the product) which is sort of a traction control device, helpful for high horsepowered car applications.

its possible to put all those power down the street on street tires, there's one dude works for FoMoCo w/twin turbo'd 65 rustang run mid 11s on 205 tires. its all depends on the power band curve.

and Race Logic is the name, AEM also came out with their own kind of traction control, although AEM is bit more complicated and not using ABS sensor like Race Logic does.

BMetal
11-29-2004, 06:03 PM

Where might I find this video? There's no working link to it on the site.

tlaselva
11-29-2004, 06:13 PM
its possible to put all those power down the street on street tires, there's one dude works for FoMoCo w/twin turbo'd 65 rustang run mid 11s on 205 tires. its all depends on the power band curve.

and Race Logic is the name, AEM also came out with their own kind of traction control, although AEM is bit more complicated and not using ABS sensor like Race Logic does.

Your correct that with street tires, it's difficult to get into the 11's.

Saw once to often 500+ HP cars that consistantly run high 11's with street tires. All the power in the world is useless until you can get it down to the ground.

Also, the more power you have, the more driver skill becomes important.

Anyone have some info on these traction controls from RL & AEM?

330DTM
11-29-2004, 09:18 PM
Your correct that with street tires, it's difficult to get into the 11's.

Saw once to often 500+ HP cars that consistantly run high 11's with street tires. All the power in the world is useless until you can get it down to the ground.

Also, the more power you have, the more driver skill becomes important.

Anyone have some info on these traction controls from RL & AEM?

Hey Tony,

Here's RL's website:
http://www.racelogic.co.uk/traction/

It's pretty cool, apparently you can control it from allowing you to have 20% slip to virtually 0 slip. You can also get the option of having a launch control capabilitiy, where you clutch in, hit the button for launch control and just have your right foot floored to the ground as it revs to the rpm limit you set it at. The system is not only helpful for straight line racing, but for circuit racing too. There's also a video on the site showing the launch control feature and the system itself on a Supra at a drag strip :D

330DTM
11-29-2004, 09:25 PM
Oh yeah and about the boost controller, there are some which are 'gear based' so that you control the allowed boost setting for each gear; or RPM based boost controllers which allows you to fine tune the boost curve and limit the boost under a certain RPM.

WhadUpp
11-29-2004, 09:26 PM
Thats that suped up E36 M3 from Turkey that raced the Lamborghini Diablo on the highway. Theres lots of vids on that incredible car.

330DTM
11-29-2004, 09:41 PM
Thats that suped up E36 M3 from Turkey that raced the Lamborghini Diablo on the highway. Theres lots of vids on that incredible car.

Yes, those videos were of him racing back when he had the S/C setup, but now he has the TC setup, in which he has yet to post any videos of it.

///Milk
11-29-2004, 11:31 PM
oh damn!! he finally hit the 900 HP mark, i remember wen he had about 600-650 on his SC set up

djcontra
11-29-2004, 11:55 PM
i'm confused as to why the owner decided to put the turbo on the right side of the engine...doesn't make sense to me 'cause there'd be too much piping involved :confused:

330DTM
11-30-2004, 01:08 AM
i'm confused as to why the owner decided to put the turbo on the right side of the engine...doesn't make sense to me 'cause there'd be too much piping involved :confused:

I don't have an expert answer to this, but I think if one were to place the turbo on the left side at the same height section, there doesn't seem to be much room to fit such a large turbo. Notice how on AA's Turbo kit design is such that the turbo is almost placed below the engine on the passenger side, but if you want to use a larger turbo like the Garett GT42, I don't think there's enough room down there and there might be issues with scrapping the ground, plus it gets pretty hot down there?

djcontra
11-30-2004, 02:46 AM
if you relocate the windshield washer resevoir, there should be plenty room...
I guess to each his own, but it's just weird seeing turbos on the opposite side of the engine where the manifold is *th-up*