PDA

View Full Version : You guys ever on the States?

blu325jewel
11-29-2004, 12:59 PM
Do you guys ever drive into the states? Im so desperate to have BMW friends that arent all jack asses (as they are ALL down here)

You should all take a road trip down to LA. It will be fun, I promise!!

Just a pathetic attempt. :-(

LoL

If you do drive into the states on the West Coast, I'll meet you there! :)

SkycityBMW
11-29-2004, 01:05 PM
I would meet you but . . . . I'm in Ohio . . . lol

blu325jewel
11-29-2004, 01:54 PM
LoL...If I still lived in CT I'd think about it!

I think you're further away from me than some of our Canadian counterparts! *wiggle*

SkycityBMW
11-29-2004, 02:04 PM
LoL...If I still lived in CT I'd think about it!
I think you're further away from me than some of our Canadian counterparts! *wiggle*

depends where . . . Toronto is only 3.5 hours from me.

blu325jewel
11-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Oh, I meant from me. Sorry, didnt specify.

I like your pic. It made me laugh

Justin e36
11-29-2004, 02:46 PM
I'll be coming down to LA in the spring.. (so I'm told). But it'll be for business, so my days will be spent in some stupid office towers trying to look smart, and my evenings will be spent enjoying the local.. um.. sights. Gotta love Cali. :D

I won't be driving down though. :(

///Milk lives in Cali.. and I'm sure he'd be your BMW friend. Mind you, he's 9 years old... but he enjoys the BMW enthusiasm. :)

qimis
11-29-2004, 02:56 PM
///Milk lives in Cali.. and I'm sure he'd be your BMW friend. Mind you, he's 9 years old... but he enjoys the BMW enthusiasm. :)

hahaha .... sorry milk, that's just funny ! :D

blu325jewel
11-29-2004, 03:10 PM
Justin, I didnt know you'd be down here. Should've told me sooner. I'll drive you around in my BMW....Im still fairly new here, but I can get my way around LA.
PM me when you are coming if you want a tour.

ummm, this may be a blonde question, but is milk really nine, or am I just being stupid?

///m powered
11-29-2004, 03:13 PM
He's like 14 or 15 and lives in SoCal

I live here too, but up north *wave*

Road trips are fun as hell.

blu325jewel
11-29-2004, 03:13 PM
nevermind. answered my own question. hes a little young for me to be driving around with. I'll introduce him to my sister. LoL

blu325jewel
11-29-2004, 03:14 PM
He's like 14 or 15 and lives in SoCal

I live here too, but up north *wave*

Road trips are fun as hell.

Where up North? I was just there for Thanksgiving, in Grass Valley.

Road Trips kick ass!!

Hate the Grapevine though. ;)

Miguel
11-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Pics of yourself?

IBban :(

///m powered
11-29-2004, 03:23 PM
I'm in Sacramento. If you go to NorCal often, check out www.baye30.net , it's all us bay area/ norcal e30 guys :)

Justin e36
11-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Justin, I didnt know you'd be down here. Should've told me sooner. I'll drive you around in my BMW....Im still fairly new here, but I can get my way around LA.
PM me when you are coming if you want a tour.

ummm, this may be a blonde question, but is milk really nine, or am I just being stupid?

Yeah, I'm not sure about the details yet. (or if I will end up being selected to go).. but I've heard my name mentioned a few times about being a good candidate to represent the department down there. *shrugs*

I have a feeling you'll have me helping you mod and fix up the car.. lol. I'll let you know when I find out the details though.

J

BMW_M15
11-29-2004, 03:47 PM
yo, ill come to see u!....im another year or 2...im 15.....when i get my drivers licens ill come! me and my friends are going ot go an a road trip, so we might go there

blu325jewel
11-29-2004, 04:19 PM
I'm in Sacramento. If you go to NorCal often, check out www.baye30.net , it's all us bay area/ norcal e30 guys :)

Thats a nice website. I like how all your names are under the pics of your cars. I need to take some pics of my 89 325. I need to clean it up. I've been neglecting her since I got my new car. Plus, the differential is driving me nuts.
I love San Fran. To be honest, I hate SoCal and I am looking to relocate to up North.

That reminds me, Justin I would really like to purchase the diff from you, but it will have to be after xmas. I'll PM you.

blu325jewel
11-29-2004, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure about the details yet. (or if I will end up being selected to go).. but I've heard my name mentioned a few times about being a good candidate to represent the department down there. *shrugs*

I have a feeling you'll have me helping you mod and fix up the car.. lol. I'll let you know when I find out the details though.

J

noooo......I wouldnt use you for your skills...LoL......no, seriously I love driving people around and showing them the, uh, ahem...sights of SoCal..LoL..It'll be fun. I promise I wont even mention the mods on my car, or whine about how I cant figure some things out, or ask you to show me every detail of the engine I dont know about...LoL

M_15- Thats cute. You can meet my sis.

blacknblue-e30
11-30-2004, 12:00 AM
whoa... CALI?

///Milk
11-30-2004, 12:45 AM
nevermind. answered my own question. hes a little young for me to be driving around with. I'll introduce him to my sister. LoL
hahha lol, how old is ur sis? but anyways, im good to know....if u want an (almost local) bmw buddy....but hey...i guess the whole world is just prejudice against the new generation of "young adults" :( :D
and o ya...have u ever been to Center BMW in Sherman Oaks? and also, u going to the LA Auto Show in January?

EDIT:I wanna meet u for sure....i luv E30s!!!

SkycityBMW
11-30-2004, 09:50 AM
///Milk put's on the charm . . . ;)

I have a friend she lives in Vallejo . . . I should come up and visit you guy's sometime.

blu325jewel
11-30-2004, 11:52 AM
Yeah, you should come and visit us! I live like 45 min from Vallejo...its hot there...

Milk: Im not prejudiced at all! I was just kidding...and my sis is 13...she'll be 15 by the time you get your license..she wants a blue mini..how cute is that?
I have most certainly been to the Sherman Oaks BMW, I looked at some cert. pre-owned, I live like, a half-hour away from there (given there is no traffic...HA!)...I go to the car show every year, I like seeing the concepts...Are you going?

BlacknBlue: Yes, SoCal, why are you a loc? If so, hit me up!

Justin e36
11-30-2004, 12:11 PM
EDIT:I wanna meet u for sure....i luv E30s!!!

Oooo... little ///Milk with the moves. *sniff, sniff* they grow up so quickly.

(a little advice young grasshopper... next time you want to compliment a girl and get her attention, do it right. She drives an E36.. not an E30.) ;)

ChahalzBMR
11-30-2004, 12:14 PM
owned! *shiner*

blu325jewel
11-30-2004, 12:20 PM
Ahh, I love it...young men falling over themselves...not knowing the right things to say..it brings me back...oh, wait a minute..even at my age they are still falling over themselves and dont know what to say....LoL

(thanks for clearing that up J..LoL)

But! I'll be driving my E30 again as soon as my diff is fixed..:-)

///Milk, its okay, I still appreciated the compliment... :-)

Justin e36
11-30-2004, 12:41 PM
*falls over*

... crap, stupid shoelaces were untied. sorry, what'd you say?... missed that last post.

SebSter
11-30-2004, 12:48 PM
if you're anywhere near LA, my friend is gonna be there around january-february for pilot season.. ill probably take a trip to see him. dunno if ill be driving tho

blu325jewel
11-30-2004, 12:48 PM
LoL....are you falling over yourself too Justin?

Justin e36
11-30-2004, 12:49 PM
pilot season? explain...
My buddy's going for his pilot's license and I was thinking about going with him... it's around $4000 CDN apparently..

blu325jewel
11-30-2004, 12:49 PM
if you're anywhere near LA, my friend is gonna be there around january-february for pilot season.. ill probably take a trip to see him. dunno if ill be driving tho

I live about ten minutes outside of LA county, as for the city of LA it can take anywhere from twenty minutes to four hours to get there, depending on the traffic on the 101 or 405...plus we have the Gestapo, I mean CHP

WASABI
11-30-2004, 01:07 PM
Haven't been to San Fran yet, but I liked San Diego better than LA. I have lots of relatives there so I try to go once a year, I'm going to have to start bringing some parts back. ;) First time I've seen/been in carpool lanes, good idea, specially in LA.

blu325jewel
11-30-2004, 01:21 PM
Haven't been to San Fran yet, but I liked San Diego better than LA. I have lots of relatives there so I try to go once a year, I'm going to have to start bringing some parts back. ;) First time I've seen/been in carpool lanes, good idea, specially in LA.

San Diego is great, LA sucks ass.

San fran is beautiful, best city in Cali

Carpool lanes are theoretically a good idea, but then you get the families in their Expeditions and Navigators doing the speed limit, so then whats the point? THat drives me nuts....oh yeah and the people that have blowup dolls in their passenger seats...only in LA!

Everyone seems to have relatives out here....weird *wiggle*

sadda///M
11-30-2004, 01:46 PM
Are you in SFV?

Yeah LA is a dump and hwy 405 and 101 are a nightmare.
Nice to cruise along the coast on scenic hwy 1.

blu325jewel
11-30-2004, 03:43 PM
Are you in SFV?

Yeah LA is a dump and hwy 405 and 101 are a nightmare.

Yes I am in the San Fernando Valley. Ventura County actually. :)

sadda///M
11-30-2004, 05:56 PM
Cool my relatives live in Woodlands area in the valley. Let's hook up if/when I fly down maybe early next year. Do you golf? I've played several courses in and around LA and one in Simi Valley and a couple in the burbs I dont remember the name of the clubhouses damn.

blu325jewel
11-30-2004, 07:30 PM
Cool my relatives live in Woodlands area in the valley. Let's hook up if/when I fly down maybe early next year. Do you golf? I've played several courses in and around LA and one in Simi Valley and a couple in the burbs I dont remember the name of the clubhouses damn.

Holy cow...I live about ten minutes from Simi....Woodland Hills area? I used to live there.

Yeah, let me know...I can, um, miniature golf....? :idea:

WASABI
12-01-2004, 11:50 AM
You hit that right on. I was expecting so much more. Hollywood Blvd has some really bad parts, the Kodak theatre is nice though, so are the residential areas. We stayed with family in Bakersfield, North Hills, and El Segundo. Gotta love the beaches too !

If hwy 1 is the PCH, then yeah that was nice. We cruised on that from LA so San Diego.

Yeah LA is a dump

blu325jewel
12-01-2004, 12:09 PM
You hit that right on. I was expecting so much more. Hollywood Blvd has some really bad parts, the Kodak theatre is nice though, so are the residential areas. We stayed with family in Bakersfield, North Hills, and El Segundo. Gotta love the beaches too !

If hwy 1 is the PCH, then yeah that was nice. We cruised on that from LA so San Diego.

Yeah, Hollywood is disgusting. I know everyone thinks of sun and palm trees, but you should really think of Mexicans and ghettos when you think of Hollywood. The sign is nasty too. The only good place to drive around is Sunset Blvd, but with the 'No Cruising' law, it makes it hard to sight see without getting out of your car. (the ticket for cruising is 350usd, trust me, first hand experience)

The 1 is my favourite drive. I take the 23, to Decker Canyon (drive your bimmers on that hot shots!! LoL) down to either Mulholland or I stay on Decker, then I just drive down the coast on the 1 (PCH) into Santa Monica.

Bakersfield, why on earth would you stay there? (very flat, absolutely nothing but a sign that says 'Welcome to Bakersfield') Unless you have family there, which Im assuming you do.

Those areas are all ones I know well. Ever heard of Ventura County? Jessica Simpson lives here! Yay!!! 'Chicken or fish, anyone?' *wiggle*

Miguel
12-01-2004, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE=E46_Lover]Pics of yourself?[/qoute]

blu325jewel
12-01-2004, 12:26 PM
Hmmm, I have pics of myself, yes.

will I ever post them? Probably not.

Thank you, please cum again.

:-)

SkycityBMW
12-01-2004, 01:39 PM
Miguel . . . . Pwned ! ! !

Miguel
12-01-2004, 02:19 PM
Hmmm, I have pics of myself, yes.

will I ever post them? Probably not.

Thank you, please cum again.

:-)
c'mon, we've all done it before.. do a search... I look like this--> *smoke*

SkycityBMW
12-01-2004, 02:24 PM
Here's Miguel smokin . . . . . (wispers . . . he's jamaican mon)

blu325jewel
12-01-2004, 04:26 PM
LoL...no, I've been warned not to post my pics...you'll all have to wait until bimmer cruise '05

Half that thing is rolling papers, thats no fun, plus, you lose all the good stuff when all that excess smoke comes off the doob.
LoL

koncise
12-01-2004, 04:58 PM
The only good place to drive around is Sunset Blvd, but with the 'No Cruising' law, it makes it hard to sight see without getting out of your car. (the ticket for cruising is 350usd, trust me, first hand experience)

what the hell is a no cruising law? you're not allowed to drive unless you're going somewhere? how could they possibly prove that??

WASABI
12-01-2004, 05:03 PM
I think it has something to do with the same car passing the same landmark more than 3 or 4 times in both directions within a certain time peroid.

blu325jewel
12-01-2004, 05:08 PM
what the hell is a no cruising law? you're not allowed to drive unless you're going somewhere? how could they possibly prove that??

Well,

They post bike cops all down Sunset. Then, they talk to each other. ex: 'Hey, I just saw that red BMW twice, did you'?
'Yes. Lets get her'

So then, they come out of their little hiding spot and tell you they saw you drive down and then back up Sunset more than twice. Then they ask you where you are going at 1 am. The answer, my friends, is not 'To a bar' when you are only seventeen...it also doesnt help that there is curfew for all those under 18, so when I got caught it was twice as bad. I talked my way out of the curfew ticket because I still had my CT ID, and I told them I didnt know about it. Crying helped too. My ticket was still for 350 bucks.....

So, if anyone comes to LA, we cant cruise around the strip...oh well... :)

koncise
12-01-2004, 05:18 PM
sure we can... we're from canada, eh... we aint paying those californian tickets :P

blu325jewel
12-01-2004, 05:35 PM
LoL

you said 'eh'......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...........

///MsAniTy
12-01-2004, 07:42 PM
i swear soem americans r dumb as ****. i was watchin some show n they think we live in igloos and such like cmon now.

Ted in T.O.
12-02-2004, 01:14 AM
I have met alot of E12 and E28 owners down in the Us and they are all a pretty cool bunch of guys.Each Body style has their own following and you just have to get to know their own quirks.I go down to the states at least 3 times a year to hook up with the folks in the USA to talk about the e28 and see alot of nice examples that are not rusted out like up here.My 2 cents worth.Ted in T.O.

blu325jewel
12-02-2004, 02:10 AM
Yes, some americans are nice....but they do also think that Canadians live in igloos, and they really think that we should 'Blame Canada'

its just so stupid.

SkycityBMW
12-02-2004, 01:10 PM
Yes, some americans are nice....but they do also think that Canadians live in igloos, and they really think that we should 'Blame Canada' its just so stupid.

I thought eskimos lived in igloos ? ? ? ?

I really like canadian beer . . . eh . . . . . *th-up*

blu325jewel
12-02-2004, 01:12 PM
eh! you said it again!!!

I peed my pants.

When/if I ever visit, will you guys say 'eh' for me all the time? please?

SkycityBMW
12-02-2004, 01:13 PM
better go change . . . LOL