PDA

View Full Version : just got my dual exhaust done.. ohh yeah its hotness!!

RevShoT
11-26-2004, 06:03 PM
just got it done today, 2" stainless steel front to back, no cats, moved the resinators up where the cats used to be (so it looks like i got them) and i am using 4 silver knight mufflers!

using a one off reiger back bumper

RevShoT
11-26-2004, 06:04 PM
pic 2

RevShoT
11-26-2004, 06:04 PM
pic 4

Jim .E.
11-26-2004, 06:10 PM
nice...although your gonna get booked eventually not having cats...its only a matter of time...all illegal shit comes to an end

RevShoT
11-26-2004, 06:17 PM
i have the cats still , when i go for my e-test in 2 years bolt on they go!

Justin e36
11-26-2004, 07:09 PM
how much did it cost?... where'd you get it done?

looks like a good job.. love dual exhaust... although I'm not a fan of those tips. Quad.. *drools*

RevShoT
11-26-2004, 07:35 PM
justin, i got those tips cause i wanted to be different!

as for the price.... well i cant say, it was a good price and i dunno if he wants to share it with peeps but 325isbimmer (andre) where he works did it for me, carline muffler in beamsville

Justin e36
11-26-2004, 07:40 PM
beamsville... sounds like a good place for bimmers to be. :)
k... no prob. I won't be doing my dual exhaust setup till spring anyway. :D

Gianpaolo_E46
11-26-2004, 07:53 PM
i agree with justin, love the exhaust, not to crazy about the tips

T.Dot_E30
11-26-2004, 08:54 PM
4 silver knight mufflers!

When I read that, i thought i was gonna see 4 fart cans at the back of ur car!!
Thank god.

U wanna be different by not having quad tips? how many ppl have that? not much.....yet u have the most common reiger stuff.

Im not bashing you, jus trying to understand ya.

How does it sound?

Gamite
11-27-2004, 12:49 AM
post another angle of the rear, can't really see how it looks, they look like they stick out a lot.

BTW, when u got no cats, keep a lookout for those emission testing vehicles during the summer, they do emission testing on the spot.

Also, keep your car clean and waxed, cuz the exhaust will stick on to the paint. Well, I guess since your car is black it doesn't matter as much.

328power
11-27-2004, 02:29 AM
how load is it ? must be mad loud ?

how much of a hp gain do you think u got ?

Slowered318
11-27-2004, 09:54 AM
looks pretty awsome! whats it sound like?

...but i still liked suicides exhaust better. even thou it was crazy loud link to suicide (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34461&highlight=dual+exhaust)

RevShoT
11-27-2004, 10:31 AM
in all honesty i dont think i got that much HP gain, it feels a lot torquier at low end and pulls a little harder but not a lot.

im going to go back and get the tips brought in a little, there too far out

as for the reiger stuff.... i dont know of any other bumper that you could do a dual exhaust set up, and it may be common reiger stuff but how many people actualy have a reiger back bumper...?

it does sound really good, its perfect not too loud but loud enough so peeps know your here

RevShoT
11-27-2004, 10:38 AM
heres sum day time pics... yeah im deffinitally going to have them brought in they stick out way too far,

does the right side look a bit crooked to you?

RevShoT
11-27-2004, 10:39 AM
pic overhead

AlpWhitE46
11-27-2004, 12:03 PM
that looks nice! good job...yeah the right side is crooked from the pictures...
i'd also do what justin said, but its your car :)

M3ti Compact
11-27-2004, 12:13 PM
Also, keep your car clean and waxed, cuz the exhaust will stick on to the paint. Well, I guess since your car is black it doesn't matter as much.

I've always wondered why some cars exhaust stick to the paint (mainly modified cars) while others don't even when the pipe ends about the same spot...is it because of no cats?

aziz
11-27-2004, 01:02 PM
this is my prototype.....not sitting right on hangers, need to go in 2-3", right now i'm working on the whistle at 5k rpm....stuck at *uzi* 2.8k.....slowly but surely.

RevShoT
11-27-2004, 03:12 PM
i want to bring the tips in but im starting to think if i bring them in ill get the carbon from the ehxaust running up my car like u guys said.. should i leave it or bring it in?

Understated
11-27-2004, 03:19 PM
leave it....or take another pic at 90degrees so we can see JUST how much it's sticking out *th-up*

Miguel
11-27-2004, 04:20 PM
Damn dude, looks so ,much better than before!

takeshi
11-27-2004, 04:31 PM
wait i've always been confuse... those two cylinders right behind the spare tire indent are the cats? and the two cylinders further down are....? I never even looked at mine, when I got it replaced it was a straight swap

suicide
11-27-2004, 04:36 PM
looks good man... just like what i did... they did a good job it lokks sweet.... i really think it looks good on your car...

NICE JOB....

RevShoT
11-27-2004, 04:36 PM
nope, i have no cats

those tubes are the mufflers, there glass packed mufflers, i have 4 of them, the 2 oval things up front that are ribbed are resinators, they usually go after the cats on a stock system, just before the differential

this was a complete custom job, the whole exhaust system was removed and rebuilt with 2" stainless, everything from before the cats and back was all custom made

windwagen
11-27-2004, 04:45 PM
I think the tips look HARDCORE. From what I can see, I don't think they stick out too much. Only the first rear shot, you can see right into them. Problably just camera angle. It reminds me of the Porsches with the circle in a circle exhaust.

Nah... I just looked again...looks good...car needs a wash though.

RevShoT
11-27-2004, 04:56 PM
tommorow morning is washy day, inside out she gets a bath on sundays

ImolaMZ3
11-27-2004, 07:01 PM
I'm all for modding and performance but why remove the cat? The performance gain is minimal, sometimes even negative as the ECU can screw up. Now you are a target for a spot check, especially that they can tell you have modified the exhaust. Just ask all the people who got a ticket in Markham at the show this year. The fine for no cats is huge, minimum $500.00 if memory serves me right. Do yourself a favour and put two on. It will run cleaner and with two they will flow just fine. You can get rid of at least two of those mufflers which will help offset any losses from the cats. Not trying to rain on your nice installation, just hate to see you get a ticket and have to put them back on anyways.

RevShoT
11-27-2004, 07:20 PM
^^

point duely noted

i am taking a second thought to the cats,

reason why i took my cats off is because they were shot and all clogged up and its like 1000 bucks for new ones so i said **** it im taking them off

ImolaMZ3
11-27-2004, 07:43 PM
You can get decent aftermarket cats for way less. Check around, I have seen them as low as $200.00

Gamite
11-27-2004, 11:00 PM
I've always wondered why some cars exhaust stick to the paint (mainly modified cars) while others don't even when the pipe ends about the same spot...is it because of no cats?

Purty shure.

I dunno if I like how the tips are angled up, I think I woulda liked straight tips, but that's just me.

RevShoT
11-28-2004, 03:26 AM
i prefer the tips being strait but it was a clearance issue with the body, we had to angle the right tip up so it would fit square in the bumper, if it was strait it would be touching the body...

takeshi
11-28-2004, 11:47 AM
revshot, so its usually

headers -> cats -> resonators -> mufflers -> tip?

and you are

headers -> resonators -> no cats -> mufflers -> tip

did I get it right? those two cylinders RIGHT after the resonators are mufflers, then the two cylinders down after the spare tire thing are mufflers again so its 4 like you said?

RevShoT
11-28-2004, 12:49 PM
u got it right on man!

gamite, here is a pic expalining why i couldnt have the tips strait and had to angle them, if i kept them strait the tip would be resting on the bumper

325iSBimmer
11-29-2004, 12:30 PM
^^^wow..thats a tight squeez... u dont have much choice on what way to angle them from what he told me.
looks like he did a decent job. i wish i could have been there to just over see what he was doing but seems like he did a pretty nice job.

your cats are still at the shop and believe it or not they are fine.. not plugged at all.. I checked them myself. just a little carboned up but u can still use them if u need. and as far as everyone saying he'll get a ticket for no cats. you're right. but the chances of the cop being a Bimmer expert and knowing that the 2 resonators in front of the first set of mufflers is in fact resonators and not cats (which they look VERY similar to) are minimal. but yes, if a on spot e-test is performed the car will fail for sure..

Gamite
11-30-2004, 04:26 AM
hm, that sucks, u couldn't get the muffler shop to make u a slight "S" tube?

RevShoT
11-30-2004, 08:18 PM
im going to get them tucked in so u wont see them as much and hopefully wont be able to look right inside them

///Milk
11-30-2004, 11:47 PM
the tips look differnet...but pretty good at least....wats ur next project on the car???? widebody on ur car would be pimp

RevShoT
12-01-2004, 12:14 AM
^^

5 spd swap is the next project i have on the go, then nitrous and whenever i get my roll bar.....

duffy325
12-01-2004, 12:16 AM
^^

5 spd swap is the next project i have on the go, then nitrous and whenever i get my roll bar.....

Not trying to be negative here but wasn't this car supposed to be a track car, and if so what reason would you have for getting nitrous?

Just curious not bashing.

RevShoT
12-01-2004, 12:18 AM
nitrous for street fun, im still a big ass Cayuga fan, no one said i need to have a 100% road course car, i want a car i can rip up at cayuga but still have fun with at Mosport

duffy325
12-01-2004, 12:19 AM
Fair enough.

325iSBimmer
12-02-2004, 09:47 PM
hm, that sucks, u couldn't get the muffler shop to make u a slight "S" tube?

it isn't as easy as making an "S" bend. We have a $10,000 bender that will bend any exhaust diameter pipe in any direction but with his bumper because of the actuall holes for the tips to come out (instead of just cutouts) and the distance battery tray comes down on that side of the body we had to put the tips at that angle. theres no other way around it. he didnt have a choice. unless he cut the bottoms out of the bumper or the bumper was 2 inches lower.