PDA

View Full Version : dutch car @ number #1.Nürburgring !!

DrunkFuX
11-26-2004, 05:51 PM
Porsche Carrera GT eat your heart out ! :D

this is the new #1 :
Dutch Donkervoort 270 RS
http://www.autoweek.nl/images/480/7970.jpg

it destroyed the Carrera's laptime with 15 seconds!!

dutch cars / men rule *th-up*

PunKanadian
11-26-2004, 05:53 PM
Unfortunately style counts for something and that's the ugliest car I've ever seen. On the other hand, the carrara looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

tifosi
11-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Unfortunately style counts for something and that's the ugliest car I've ever seen. On the other hand, the carrara looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

CarreraGT never really had the record time on Nurbrugring.

the car never beaten the time of 7min19sec set by Radical SR3 turbo. for whatever reason SportAuto just never mentioned Radical when claiming they set the fastest production car lap time on Nurburgring.

and since this less than 0.8sec difference than the Chaterm. i'd say it's more because of the driver than car's capability.

http://www.radicalmotorsport.com/for_sale/large/dsc_0437.jpg

DrunkFuX
11-26-2004, 07:12 PM
fukc the styling :D

Jim .E.
11-26-2004, 07:13 PM
it looks like something Zip-Zaps would make....RC Car came to life

if it didnt have that hideous roof line and wing it would look good...

DrunkFuX
11-26-2004, 07:14 PM
the street Donkervoort:
http://www.donkervoort.nl/images/car/driekwart-voren.jpg

Jim .E.
11-26-2004, 07:16 PM
i'd drive that any day...without the roof on

PunKanadian
11-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Street version is definitely more slick than the track car. Jim's right. It's the roofline and wing that kill it.

M50E30
11-26-2004, 07:24 PM
Is that a production car? Like go in a dealership and buy that EXACT same car?

King Luis
11-26-2004, 07:57 PM
the cgt is the fastest production car around the ring.
that zoodervoot looks like a kit car.
and the one that went around the ring looks to me like a race car

AMG_POWER
11-26-2004, 08:05 PM
it's quicker coz it flies an inch off the ground :D

Lennon
11-26-2004, 09:09 PM
The Spiker is also Dutch, and looks incredible... something about it, that you just can't resist. Gotta love being dutch!

///m powered
11-26-2004, 10:03 PM
I think that thing looks badass. Specs?

tifosi
11-27-2004, 12:10 AM
the cgt is the fastest production car around the ring.
that zoodervoot looks like a kit car.
and the one that went around the ring looks to me like a race car

those two are road legal cars. but they are not exactly production cars.

Caterham and Radical sell the cars as kit for people to assemble on their own. or they can of course ask the dealer to do it for them. or so i read.

Justin e36
11-27-2004, 12:32 AM
are 3 of the 4 tires supposed to be off the ground like that? what's this thing got? airplane engines in the back?

in either case... may not look as nice as a Carerra... but still a very nice machine. Looks like a kit car...

biotek
11-27-2004, 01:10 AM
a guy at work has been building that kit car, looks very cool *th-up*

Jim .E.
11-27-2004, 01:41 AM
are 3 of the 4 tires supposed to be off the ground like that? what's this thing got? airplane engines in the back?

in either case... may not look as nice as a Carerra... but still a very nice machine. Looks like a kit car...

none of the wheels are touching the ground in the track pic, judging the picture he came from an inclined bend in the track and got some air, not a lot though

SickFinga
11-27-2004, 02:38 AM
CarreraGT never really had the record time on Nurbrugring.

the car never beaten the time of 7min19sec set by Radical SR3 turbo. for whatever reason SportAuto just never mentioned Radical when claiming they set the fastest production car lap time on Nurburgring.

and since this less than 0.8sec difference than the Chaterm. i'd say it's more because of the driver than car's capability.

http://www.radicalmotorsport.com/for_sale/large/dsc_0437.jpg

It is not the fastest car around Nurburgring.
It only covered 20.832 km, carrera gt though covered 22.6 km
http://nurburgring.de/?rubrik=rekorde&lang=eng

http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2040920.004/porsche/1.html

From what I heard Dauer Porsche is the fastest production car there

windwagen
11-27-2004, 02:48 AM
It looks like a Lotus Super 7

DriveItSideways
11-27-2004, 04:31 PM
fukc the styling :D

:confused:

takeshi
11-27-2004, 05:15 PM
so for sure carrera gt is faster than enzo around nurburgring yes?

tifosi
11-27-2004, 05:28 PM
so for sure carrera gt is faster than enzo around nurburgring yes?

not impossible, but i don't think it's likely.

Ferrari's being very protective of their flagship supercar. they only invited very very few journalists to test drive their car on Fiorano.

all the road test reviews on all the media are all done on customer's car.

as a result, i don't think SportAuto had ever gotten their hands on Enzo to do a flying lap on a clear Nurburgring time. and thus we don't really have any sort of official Enzo time on Nurburgring. after all, Nurburgring is more or less just a standard for German cars. i don't think Italians cares about the Ring time that much.

///Milk
11-28-2004, 04:23 PM
looks like a caterham sumwat.....looks hott

TiemenT
11-28-2004, 06:06 PM
the Donkervoort's are no kitcars..

they are hand made car from the Netherlands...

www.donkervoort.nl

WhadUpp
11-28-2004, 06:11 PM
Dutch Car needs Bangle to redesign

TiemenT
11-28-2004, 06:36 PM
^ you're mom needed Bangle when she gave birth :D

WhadUpp
11-28-2004, 06:52 PM
Your mom dropped you on your head too many times Tiemen

Mtl_e30M3
11-28-2004, 07:19 PM
What BMW (production model) has the fastest Nurburgring time and what is it. I've always wonderd why BMW does not prepare a limited edition supercar. Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, have all done it in different years. I think it would help boost their sportscar image.

tifosi
11-28-2004, 09:59 PM
What BMW (production model) has the fastest Nurburgring time and what is it. I've always wonderd why BMW does not prepare a limited edition supercar. Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, have all done it in different years. I think it would help boost their sportscar image.

it should be CSL. although i don't remanber CSL's time right off my head.

don't you remenber the best car in the world ever is powered by BMW? *no-no*
at the moment, i don't really think BMW has the image to sell a supercar. however, the new president of M admit on several occasions that they will do a supercar when they are done with some of more important cars, namely the M-1-series, M3, M5, and M6.

BigD
11-29-2004, 12:18 AM
a donkeywhat?? sure is ugly as a mule...

GEEE$
11-29-2004, 01:07 PM

Wait a minute? You mean besides the McLaren F1? :confused:

G$

vaio76109
11-30-2004, 09:55 PM
McLaren isnt BMW, only the engine is.

///Milk
12-01-2004, 02:18 AM
so McLaren SLR isnt a Mercedes?

tifosi
12-01-2004, 02:53 AM
so McLaren SLR isnt a Mercedes?

only the engine of the McLaren F1 is by BMW. and that's all BMW did with all the car.

the car was built and design totally by McLaren, with McLaren's own money and facility. whereas, "Mercedes SLR McLaren" is built with Mercedes-Benz' money, engine, Mercedes-Benz' badge, and they are even using Mercedes-Benz' dealers to sell the car. so your point is really weak.

Pagani Zonda, on the other hand, although utilise AMG's 7.3L V12. but it is anything but a Mercedes-Benz. maybe this is a better example.

GEEE$
12-01-2004, 12:33 PM

The nucleus of the entire car is powered by BMW, I reckon they don't need to produce another supercar solely by themselves, considering it's still a wondercar after 10 years. Everything runs in unicen, it's not like that V12 just happen to fit in the engine bay...they worked side by side for many years on this.

I would stand by this as primarily a BMW project, since virtually everything revolves around the engine. Just my 2 frackin pennies. *th-up*

G$

tifosi
12-01-2004, 02:05 PM
The nucleus of the entire car is powered by BMW, I reckon they don't need to produce another supercar solely by themselves, considering it's still a wondercar after 10 years. Everything runs in unicen, it's not like that V12 just happen to fit in the engine bay...they worked side by side for many years on this.

I would stand by this as primarily a BMW project, since virtually everything revolves around the engine. Just my 2 frackin pennies. *th-up*

G$

that's not very correct.
BMW already had the basis of the engine (from E34 M5) even before Gordon Murray approach Paul Rorsche, the director of BMW Motorsport at the time.

BMW simply just combine 2 E34 M5's I6 engine together with one crankshaft. because the engine wasn't developed with McLarenF1 in mind. the engine didn't really meet Gordon Murray's expectation, namely the weight of the engine was a lot heavier than what Murray wanted. however, the engine does output approximately 100bhp more than what Murray planed.

and that's all BMW involved with the McLarenF1 project. they just provide the engine, which they already had before they knew about the McLarenF1 project.

vaio76109
12-01-2004, 03:09 PM
So with your theory that makes a Zonda a Mercedes Benz then?

Im sorry but the McLaren is NOT a BMW, PERIOD!

tifosi
12-01-2004, 07:19 PM

no, my theory is that a Zonday, although powered by AMG, is anything but a Mercedes-Benz. just like McLarenF1 isn't a BMW. similarly, who would even think of Mustang V8 when they see a Koenigsegg CC/8S/R :)

however, you can deny the reason McLarenF1 is such a nice car is hugely because of its potent BMW engine.

SLR on the other hand, it's the opposite. not sure if you guys are aware of it, but the official name of the SLR is actually: "Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren".

vaio76109
12-01-2004, 07:23 PM
I was talking to GEE$, Ive agreed with everything youve said :) .

PS- I personally like the Koenigsegg more than the McLaren F1 and beleive its a better car.

SickFinga
12-01-2004, 07:29 PM
that's not very correct.
BMW already had the basis of the engine (from E34 M5) even before Gordon Murray approach Paul Rorsche, the director of BMW Motorsport at the time.

BMW simply just combine 2 E34 M5's I6 engine together with one crankshaft. because the engine wasn't developed with McLarenF1 in mind. the engine didn't really meet Gordon Murray's expectation, namely the weight of the engine was a lot heavier than what Murray wanted. however, the engine does output approximately 100bhp more than what Murray planed.

and that's all BMW involved with the McLarenF1 project. they just provide the engine, which they already had before they knew about the McLarenF1 project.

McLaren engine is actually 2 euro e36 m3 engines combined, not e34 m5.
It originally it was developed for M8

McLaren is not BMW, but BMW factory raced McLaren F1. So its kinda BMW and kinda not.

tifosi
12-01-2004, 07:56 PM
McLaren engine is actually 2 euro e36 m3 engines combined, not e34 m5.

McLaren is not BMW, but BMW factory raced McLaren F1. So its kinda BMW and kinda not.

incorrect.
"the S70/2 engine was derived directly from BMW production practise, inheriting many features proved in the 6-cylinder power unit for their M5 high-performance saloon."

the I6 from M5 was the basis for the engine in Euro-spec M3 though.

GEEE$
12-02-2004, 10:06 AM

Regardless of 'opinions', because that's all everyone is debating here, ultimately it's a joint venture between two companies.

It's just my opinion that this project is heavily based on the engine, made by BMW. That's my theory...everything starts from the engine. Others may feel differently, but without that powerplant, that car wouldn't be where it is today.

Let's face it...every automotive system(supsension/brakes etc)is virtually secondary to an engine, regardless of how you label it.

G$

WhadUpp
12-02-2004, 10:12 AM
[QUOTE=SickFinga]McLaren engine is actually 2 euro e36 m3 engines combined, not e34 m5.

It was not a simple as connecting 2 M engines. Many changes to the internals and endless tuning was able to produce that 627 hp beast.

Mtl_e30M3
12-02-2004, 10:48 AM
Whether BMW had significant input in the drivetrain is unquestionable. However, in order to be considered a factory Supercar I'd say 80-90% of the total R&D and over 50% of the components should be from the manufacturer. Honestly I believe the budget and brand-image benefits of a Supercar would be way more productive for BMW than the M1, beagle (or whatever that thing is called), or even z8. BMW show me what you can do! Hell if you can produce a better sports car than McLaren or Enzo, I'd pick a M5 over a Modena. Enthusiasts appreciate the manufacturers accomplishments in Supercars and project it onto the manufacturers retail models. If BMW made the best Supercar and BMW's best retail car is the M5, then owning an M5 would draw way more attention and respect!
Mercedes is about refined power and all out luxury, BMW is about the most sporty and performing sedans. A Supercar would protect that positioning...