PDA

View Full Version : New 3 series

RumRogerz
11-26-2004, 01:43 AM
www.bmw.com
i'm sure you have all seen the new 3 series thats been announced by bmw.
I'm curious as to what others think of the direction bmw is heading.
I personally think its ugly. I'd take an 36 or e46 before i even would consider this. Its almost as bad as the new 7 series. IMO.
And what the hell is "Sheer driving pleasure" all about? Whatever happened with "The Ultimate Driving Machine"?!? That sounded alot sexier, and gave it sort of an edge.
Anyone else with thoughts about this?

Gamite
11-26-2004, 02:25 AM
Personally, I like the new 3, and I like the new 6, but the 5 still bothers me, I think its the grills, they need to be angled down more.

Yea, I agree, "Sheer driving pleasure" sucks. But I think they have to abide to the larger crowd, including the crowd who doesn't appreciate handling as much as the value of the dollar.

Antz_Marchin
11-26-2004, 02:26 AM
This subject has been beaten to death but I'll gladly toss in one more punch to call the new 3 and 5 absolute ugly pieces of s&*t. Been a fan of these cars for 15 years and didn;t think anything could turn me off of them, but it's happened. The E46 ended the era of the "Ultimate Driving Machine".....E90/E60...Enter the "Ultimate Status Symbol"

d12
11-26-2004, 02:57 AM
This subject has been beaten to death but I'll gladly toss in one more punch to call the new 3 and 5 absolute ugly pieces of s&*t. Been a fan of these cars for 15 years and didn;t think anything could turn me off of them, but it's happened. The E46 ended the era of the "Ultimate Driving Machine".....E90/E60...Enter the "Ultimate Status Symbol"

you didn't even see it in person, how can you say that ? people like you piss the **** outta me, SEE THE ****IGN CAR IN PERSON FIRST THEN DECIDE !!!!!!

Godspeed
11-26-2004, 10:42 AM
Everyone hates all new models - seems like the 'cool' thing to do. :rolleyes: Soon the E46 will look dated, as the pre '02 face-lift ones already do, and the E90 will be hot.

Justin e36
11-26-2004, 10:50 AM
New 3 is sexy... not too fond of the tail lights. But am also not a fan of stock e36 amber tails, or the first generation of e46 tails.

I also like the blacked out emblems! I hated the blue/white as of old!

Anyway.. before you judge, check out the E90 flash animation with 360 panning...
http://www.bmw.com/generic/com/en/products/highlights/3series/sedan/phase_2/movie.htm

RumRogerz
11-26-2004, 02:19 PM
I really despise the front grills and the back of the new 3.
More the back than anything. It looks like its ass has been sucked in super tight.

BimmerKris
11-26-2004, 06:56 PM
i think it's bad ass, same with the new tank 7 series, i love em all