PDA

View Full Version : Bogging at high rpm's

Goran
11-26-2004, 01:04 AM
Im having a problem with going into high rpm's because the car bogs, it seems like the fuel is cutting out, I use 94 octane gas I have no chip, and i got a brand new fuel pump and gas tank..... has anyone had this problem?...can it be because the spark plugs aren't performing well, I have Bosh platnium 4's in the car i believe...... any feedback is appreciated

everlast
11-26-2004, 03:08 AM
Not sure 'bout those plugs... a lot of guys on roadfly say they are bad, no personal experience though. How new are they? The prob is they burn out quick. Just try some plain ol' NGK or Champion for a reference.

Did you change your fuel filter too? Cheap to do if not.

And save the $$.. 94 octane is not necessary if you have no chip. :)

Goran
11-26-2004, 11:13 AM
I changed my fuel filter last winter, I can give that a shot along with the new plugs........ is there any other fuel related parts that can be causing this

everlast
11-26-2004, 12:56 PM
What was your last etest results like? Post them if you have the results, that can tell me something too.

If you still suspect the O2 sensor, just unplug it for a day. It won't hurt anything and at least will rule it out in your mind. The plug is in the engine bay where the front mount battery would go on the passenger side.

Goran
11-28-2004, 03:04 PM
My last e-test was a year ago and it passed no problem, the car was running pretty well at the time, it still runs strong except the bogging and it idles a bit low (600), Ill give it a try with the O2 sensor.... thanks

Goran
11-28-2004, 03:49 PM
i disconnected the O2 sensor it didnt help, same thing still bogs and the idle is not normal, it idles to low and it revs up and down a bit

Axxe
11-28-2004, 09:38 PM
I have the platinum 4's and my car doesn't bog. Maybe try some fuel injector cleaner, it gave a noticably better throttle response to my car. It was parked for two years so the injectors were probably covered in junk. Give it a try, can't hurt.

Goran
11-30-2004, 01:34 PM
Well the new spark plugs didnt make a difference, but i relized my gasket is leaking and the oil is going into the plugs to add to the problems, what kind of fuel injector cleaner do you use, do i have to get it from BMW, also do you use the fuel cleaner that goes in the gas tank or an actual fuel system service

Axxe
11-30-2004, 01:59 PM
I just bought some of the concentrated red motomaster stuff. Works really well, was 5 bucks and is good for five tankfulls. Just dump it in your tank when you fill up, should make a difference if there is a problem with the injectors. Head gasket is leaking? Or valve guides? My money is on the valve guides.

Goran
11-30-2004, 05:29 PM
I believe the valve cover gasket is leaking, could this problem be due to a broken cluster...... my rpm gauge jumps when idling the gas guage is completely gone it'll tell me the tank is full one minute and then back to normal again, could this affect the way the car drives??