PDA

View Full Version : angel eyes that change color?

vinay
11-25-2004, 02:38 AM
what kindof light source do present-day non-led angel eyes use? .. are there angel eyes that let me easily swap out colors?

///MsAniTy
11-25-2004, 02:39 AM
yea pm justin he has all different colours with the switch of a button im prety sure

Justin e36
11-25-2004, 10:36 AM
indeed I do. Have every color of the rainbow and can even do color renderings... (i.e. inside of the angel eye rings are red.. then it renders to white.. or blue, etc.) However, I designed and machined my angel eye kit myself... and no, it doesn't use LED's. I use a xenon bulb.

vinay
11-25-2004, 12:17 PM
*ponders* ...

what do the present-day angel eyes like the lava and dde's use for a light source? .. or is the "ring" a bulb in itself?

1BADRIDE
11-25-2004, 01:32 PM
indeed I do. Have every color of the rainbow and can even do color renderings... (i.e. inside of the angel eye rings are red.. then it renders to white.. or blue, etc.) However, I designed and machined my angel eye kit myself... and no, it doesn't use LED's. I use a xenon bulb.

Hmmm... I have a few lasers at home... I wonder.... :D :D

Justin e36
11-25-2004, 01:40 PM
*ponders* ...

what do the present-day angel eyes like the lava and dde's use for a light source? .. or is the "ring" a bulb in itself?

the ring is a bulb itself. it's a hollow tube filled with flourescent and neon gasses. (just like a neon sign.. or a flourescent light bulb). Problem with them is they don't have a very long life span, and when it blows you have to replace the entire ring. The other problem is the gas becomes heavy in cold weather and has difficultly turning on... in very cold weather the angel eyes won't turn on at all. Which personally, kinda sucks for me... since when it's cold out is also when I drive around in the dark the most---since it stays dark till 7am and night falls at 5pm.

vinay
11-25-2004, 09:59 PM
thats interesting... that explains why they are so expensive...

any companies specializing in lights sell lights in ring form that arent too expensive? .. that would be useful... all u need is rings