PDA

View Full Version : what chip and exhaust to get for e46 m3?

DriveItSideways
11-22-2004, 05:35 PM
im lookin for a chip an exhaust system, what would u guys reccomend?

Miguel
11-22-2004, 05:47 PM
you have an E46 M3?

Gianpaolo_E46
11-22-2004, 05:48 PM
try over at www.e46fanatics.com

DriveItSideways
11-22-2004, 11:27 PM
my cousin jus got one, i had it for the weekend an DAMN! what an experience! im lovin the smg

FastM3
11-22-2004, 11:33 PM
Not sure about the chip for these models, and why would he want to change the exhaust?

If he's looking to modify the appearance PM inMotion

DriveItSideways
11-22-2004, 11:44 PM
he wants to change the exhaust to get a better sound... more hp..

Quack
11-22-2004, 11:58 PM
I personally like this one http://www.eisenhaus.com/ehprice.php?selSub=95&selPerf=5&selTip=224%231.045%234round.gif&Submit.x=29&Submit.y=2

Betray
11-23-2004, 12:26 AM
ahh yes, i want that on my v8 :D

GEEE$
11-23-2004, 08:22 AM

Dinan make these wonderful products for your application at hand...

Exhaust
Suspension
Chip
Intake

Cannot go wrong. Then you can throw on a GT BBK for the front and back, and be like Sammy from CROSS. *wave*

G$

Quack
11-23-2004, 08:38 AM
Dinan products are overrated and cost way too much, the only good thing from Dinan is their warranty

exhaust - too much $$ for little gains, but sounds nice
suspension - they use like Koni shocks & some other brand springs & charge Dinan prices wtf?
chip - not agressive enough, a very mild chip for a high price
intake - overpriced

GEEE$
11-23-2004, 09:05 AM
Dinan products are overrated and cost way too much, the only good thing from Dinan is their warranty

exhaust - too much $$ for little gains, but sounds nice
suspension - they use like Koni shocks & some other brand springs & charge Dinan prices wtf?
chip - not agressive enough, a very mild chip for a high price
intake - overpriced

Dude, where are you getting these 'facts' from? I think you need to go out in a Dinan-equipped car(vs a stock example), and still tell me they are simply overpriced, and provide nothing in terms of performance gains. They are worlds apart, and I've witnessed it for myself.

Cross has 2 Dinan-equipped M3's, and they are the real deal. Each carry all that list of upgraded Dinan items I mentioned above. They are so beyond a regular equipped E46 M3 it's hilarious.

People, like yourself, jump all over Dinan because of the internet, and overpriced items...but make no mistake about it, they produce QUALITY PRODUCTS. Where is your real-world experience with Dinan? Why have YOU formed such a negative opinion about them? When has Dinan let you down?

You're supporting propaganda, and it's wrong.

G$

duffy325
11-23-2004, 10:37 AM
I think Dinan has a bad name because they do things such as opening up m3 exhausts and removing the baffles and then selling it for a high price. Also cutting into the frame of Z8's to fit their headers doesn't help their image. I had a dinan chip, and switched to a Markd chip and was much more satisfied. But that is the only first hand experience I have with dinan.

Mtl_e30M3
11-23-2004, 10:52 AM
Listen, it's possible there are one or two better chips out there but DINAN is 100% the best 'choice'. These are extensivly tested and come with all the reassurance you need. If you really need the extra 3hp of whatever other chips offer just put in a 'dinky spare tire' or something! Protect your investment... get the DINAN. I have one and it's the only thing (well almost... cash is an issue too) stopping me form doing a 2.3 to 2.5 S14 upgrade cause I would need a new chip.

duffy325
11-23-2004, 11:04 AM
Listen, it's possible there are one or two better chips out there but DINAN is 100% the best 'choice'. These are extensivly tested and come with all the reassurance you need. If you really need the extra 3hp of whatever other chips offer just put in a 'dinky spare tire' or something! Protect your investment... get the DINAN. I have one and it's the only thing (well almost... cash is an issue too) stopping me form doing a 2.3 to 2.5 S14 upgrade cause I would need a new chip.

What makes you say that this is the best choice? Is it because of their relationship with BMW and their warranties etc...?

Im not neccessarily disagreeing I am just wondering what you are basing this statement on?

Paul540/m3
11-23-2004, 12:02 PM
Personally,
I have.......
Chip-Dinan
Exhaust- AA

328power
11-23-2004, 12:46 PM

ASk M3 2 NV.. hes got one loudddddd mofo..very nice sound !

STALKER
11-23-2004, 12:46 PM
Personally, my exhaust and mid pipe combo sounds amazing and its not to loud or drones.
Dinan is over priced, I have Dinan parts so I know. I would actually reccomend waiting to get the chip till after the mods are finished and get the chip done thent o maximize the mods. Dinan sell software for each of their mods, which is a good thing, but again, the mods give you modest gains for the price. If you are really looking for more power, get Euro headers, larini GT cats, mid pipes and an exhaust.

In terms of exhaust, it really depends on what your cuz wants, loud, quite, all out crazy. Tell me that and I can reccomend a set up.

Simby
11-23-2004, 10:25 PM
very nice car stalker!

STALKER
11-23-2004, 10:45 PM
Thanks Simby.

Rolled_Out
11-23-2004, 11:16 PM
Eisenhaus carries a new VALVETRONIC exhaust for the E46 M3. With the flick of a switch you can set it to straight pipes, or filter back through the muffler!
email Ryan or John.. tell them dan sent you, HUGE hook up.
info@eisenhaus.com

Rush
11-24-2004, 01:01 AM
Chip - Mark D (much better than Dinan)
Exhaust - keep it stock (just change the tips) ... marginal (if any) performance gains and you can't make a V6 sound like a V8 by changing an exhaust

my $0.02

STALKER
11-24-2004, 01:14 AM
You should hear my car then a stock M3, night and day. The muffler is more for sound and looks than anything.

DriveItSideways
12-14-2004, 01:45 PM
installed a carbonio intake for my cuzz over the weekend, looks amazing an sounds nice! he ordered an AA exhaust but still contemplating what chip to get... *wave*