PDA

View Full Version : And the manufacturing has begun

Adriano
11-17-2004, 04:35 PM
OK guys, I know that many of you are wondering what is going on with the CAIs and other parts. Just wanted to keep everyone updated on progress.
Threads can be located here
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41908
and
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43602

Firstly
CAIs, all material is in now and the second prototype is being made. Here is the welding fixture :cool:

Adriano
11-17-2004, 04:38 PM
The SSK weighted adjustable tops are ready to be sold. These help if you already have a SSK by weighing the shifter rod thus allowing for smoother shifter and less of a 'notchy' feel
OR
They can be used with the OEM shifter because they are also ride height adjustable and will fit on any BMW or SSK shifter. (you have to cut off the old one first)
Price - $45 CDN plus ea shipping (only 5 pcs for test dummies at that price) *wave*

Adriano
11-17-2004, 04:41 PM
And last but not least......

Anyone need a fan spacer? They are $90 US from ESS
Only $60 CDN from me and mine are hardened alloy.

///MsAniTy
11-17-2004, 06:32 PM
hey if i already have a ssk and dont liek the notichness can i slap your on to make it smoother?

Lee in Ottawa
11-17-2004, 07:17 PM
The SSK weighted adjustable tops are ready to be sold. These help if you already have a SSK by weighing the shifter rod thus allowing for smoother shifter and less of a 'notchy' feel
OR
They can be used with the OEM shifter because they are also ride height adjustable and will fit on any BMW or SSK shifter. (you have to cut off the old one first)
Price - $45 CDN plus ea shipping (only 5 pcs for test dummies at that price) *wave*
I want one how hard is it to install and what exactly are the benefits on a stock shifter? Thanks

Adriano
11-18-2004, 10:21 AM
///MsAniTy
This will make the shifting slightly smoother. The bigger benefit is that it is height adjustable and you get more of a 'feel' from your tranny. You can purchase the shift top then return it if you don't like it. If you want to remove more "notichness" from your shifter, I would also recommend my weighted selector rod:
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43602&page=3&pp=15
The principal for both the selector rod and shifter top is to creat inertia while shifting thus allowing the shifts to be smoother.
Lee
How hard, hmmmmmm maybe installs in less then 10 minutes.
1. remove your shifter knob pull up really hard
2. Remove shifter boot carefully pull up on leather then use flat screwdriver to remove clips around bottom of boot.
3. remove rubber seal pulls out by hand very easily (this step is not necessary but make it a lot easier)
4. remove old shifter top from shift leaver by whatever means you have. I used a disk grinder at first but later found that by heating the top up with a torch, it will eventually just slide off. They only problem by doing it this way is that it will stink up your car for a while.
5. Install new ALO tuning shift leaver.
6. Install rubber seal, shift boot and shift knob in reverse order that you removed them.
Again, I need some test cars to do this, so I am selling them for cheap.
Other benefit is that by eliminating the rubber between the shift top and leaver, it will give a more solid feel but on the downside, you will feel more viberations from your tranny. :cool:

Lee in Ottawa
11-18-2004, 01:25 PM
Will the weighted selector rod fit on the e34. It's a 535i M30 obviously but i'm not sure of the tranny code.

Adriano
11-18-2004, 01:30 PM
Will the weighted selector rod fit on the e34. It's a 535i M30 obviously but i'm not sure of the tranny code.

To be honest at this point I only know that it will fit the E36 M3 and 328. Others I do not know. I will be contacting BMW too see which rods can be retrofitted to which trannys.

BMWF1
11-18-2004, 05:45 PM
Are you guys still slow??? normally your busting your ass making molds and stuff.