PDA

View Full Version : Best place in GTA for bmw parts?

vinay
11-17-2004, 01:42 PM
Whats the best place in the toronto area to get BMW parts ?... dealers will probably have a high markup

Right now i'm just looking for bmw branded antifreeze

Gamite
11-17-2004, 04:15 PM
pm bimmersport, he can get OEM parts cheap.

1QuickE30
11-17-2004, 04:54 PM
Anti-freeze at the dealer is priced competitively. I got some at Budds but cannot recall the price but I'm pretty sure I didn't feel raped afterwards.

vinay
11-18-2004, 06:28 PM
On this note... what about non-OE parts?... what are the good places in canada to get stuff?

Purchasing online from US is great but I rather not have to pay customs, taxes, and higher shipping costs on top of that! Any Canadian online places? Stuff like pads and rotors, oil filter kits, etc...

bmnorm
11-19-2004, 02:33 PM
how much do you have to pay at customs when you buy something? ex.. tirerack.com has a coilover cup kit for 597$ & with the exchange rate now I think that is pretty good. but how much will I have to pay at customs...

ScotcH
11-19-2004, 04:27 PM
how much do you have to pay at customs when you buy something? ex.. tirerack.com has a coilover cup kit for 597$ & with the exchange rate now I think that is pretty good. but how much will I have to pay at customs...

PST + GST + Duty (sometimes, 6%) + Broker fee (~$50 UPS, less for others) ... so that's 15% tax, plus 6% duty, plus the broker fee (which is based on the total value).

vinay
11-19-2004, 07:35 PM
it makes shopping from the US ridiculous... unless u drive across the border, do your service there :-)

rico328i
11-19-2004, 11:05 PM
All I can say is you often have to do your homework. The new Partsource stores around can get pretty much anything. Although most parts are special order items. I've found their prices to be decent. Plus it's Canadian and less hassle than ordering from south of the border. Try asking for the 'best' price when you talk to them. They've been really helpful with me so far. For those that live in Brampton....talk to a guy named Brandon/Brendan something. Excellent guy and very helpful.

Rico

ScotcH
11-20-2004, 01:24 AM
All I can say is you often have to do your homework. The new Partsource stores around can get pretty much anything. Although most parts are special order items. I've found their prices to be decent. Plus it's Canadian and less hassle than ordering from south of the border. Try asking for the 'best' price when you talk to them. They've been really helpful with me so far. For those that live in Brampton....talk to a guy named Brandon/Brendan something. Excellent guy and very helpful.

Rico

Really? partsource for BMW parts? I go there for all the little stuff (fluids, light bulbs, etc.) Do they have replacement parts?

Gianpaolo_E46
11-20-2004, 02:53 AM
find a parking lot and bring some tools lol

rico328i
11-20-2004, 02:21 PM
Sorry Scotch. I should have clarified. They can get you aftermarket parts for just about any cars. Not-OEM parts. Anything from a NOS system to Brembo rotors (I just did this last week), to full on turbo set-ups. You just have to talk to the right guy behind the counter. Because most of the stores are still fairly brand new....most of the employees don't know just how big their product selection is. It's huge!!! Mind you, many things are special order. My Brembo's only took 1 day to come in. It was locally stocked from their supplier.

Ask to look at their Keystone catalog.

Rico

ara325
11-20-2004, 04:18 PM
Chuck's Auto/Bimmersport

RevShoT
11-20-2004, 05:51 PM
pretty much any local hot rod shop can get brand name aftermarket parts, just a question if they want to, most places dont bother with 1 or 2 bmw orderes when they do 50 chevy ones

90% of the parts stores all have the same distributor so that means they all can get the same parts