PDA

View Full Version : Q about markD's and what he can do?

RevShoT
11-16-2004, 07:59 PM
if i put together a custom supercharger kit (i buy the piping brackets, supercharger intercooler injectors ect..) does he have the capabilities to tune my car?

what kind of chip will i need to do the tuning?

if he cant do it who can in the GTA areA?

Gamite
11-16-2004, 11:09 PM
I think he can do just about anything, he has a dyno at his shop as well.

MarkD
11-17-2004, 09:08 AM
I think he can do just about anything, he has a dyno at his shop as well.

The shop belongs to my friend Rudy Graf, but I have access to the dyno when required. Yes I figure I can do almost anything, but it's hard to actually meet up and get much done right now.
I've had a delay getting an E30 turbo here in Toronto sorted out as I've got some software contract work to be completed in a hurry that is very high priority. I have managed to develop a chip for a turbo M30 that is being used in about 3 or 4 cars in the USA, and an E30 turbo chip that is being used in the USA also. Over the winter I'll catch up on things and be ready to tune forced induction cars next spring. I've got the tools to monitor the air fuel ratio (wideband sensor), boost pressure, rpms, knock signal etc and make changes to the chip. (for OBD-I DME's)

MarkD

koncise
11-17-2004, 10:12 AM
hey mark, i've got one of your chips in my car now... do u have a 93+ octane chip for my car (92 325i auto)? if so, would the upgrade be worth it? I've only put sunoco ultra 94 in my car for as long as i can remember now.....

MarkD
11-17-2004, 11:47 AM
hey mark, i've got one of your chips in my car now... do u have a 93+ octane chip for my car (92 325i auto)? if so, would the upgrade be worth it? I've only put sunoco ultra 94 in my car for as long as i can remember now.....

I do have a 93 octane version for the 402 DME. Do you have that one?

Contact me directly if required, mark@dsylva-tech.ca

koncise
11-17-2004, 12:20 PM
I do have a 93 octane version for the 402 DME. Do you have that one?

Contact me directly if required, mark@dsylva-tech.ca

I'm 90% sure mine's 402... it sounds very familiar from when we originally put the new chip in.

Would my stock chip have the number on it? because if it does, I can check that when I get home from work..

97 Z3 2.8
11-17-2004, 05:24 PM
Still only doing OBDI stuff?

Call Karl @ AA, he can set you up with an OBDII system like Eurospeed down in the states. He's done a few cars around here lately and provided great customer service. Just tell him you got his mane through Bill who has the Z3 with the M50 and S52 cams. I believe he's sold a few applications of the program he wrote for me now. One to Hugo in Quebec. He would also know me as the guy who's in the same office building as Mark from Satellite Specialties.

RevShoT
11-17-2004, 05:27 PM
mark, im hopeing to have my supercharger in by end of april, what software will i need to buy or how do i go about doing this?

im going to buy all the hardware, do i buy a chip and you tune it or do u use my stock chip and tune that? or do u have a chip for blower aplications and i buy that?

MarkD
11-17-2004, 05:44 PM
Still only doing OBDI stuff?

Call Karl @ AA, he can set you up with an OBDII system like Eurospeed down in the states. He's done a few cars around here lately and provided great customer service. Just tell him you got his mane through Bill who has the Z3 with the M50 and S52 cams. I believe he's sold a few applications of the program he wrote for me now. One to Hugo in Quebec. He would also know me as the guy who's in the same office building as Mark from Satellite Specialties.

I have hardware to read and program OBD-II DME's but not the software to tune it live. The software to edit the OBD-II maps and calculate the new checksums is quite expensive and it's not worth buying for the small amount of sales I could get that require custom OBD-II tuning.

RevShoT
11-17-2004, 05:51 PM
mark, im hopeing to have my supercharger in by end of april, what software will i need to buy or how do i go about doing this?

im going to buy all the hardware, do i buy a chip and you tune it or do u use my stock chip and tune that? or do u have a chip for blower aplications and i buy that?

*cough cough* *wiggle*

MarkD
11-17-2004, 05:57 PM

Please email details on the motor, supercharger, planned boost level, DME you have etc. Anyway, it's all custom work and not cheap. The tuning and dyno time combined could easily be $800 or more.