PDA

View Full Version : Banning rude/negative members

M50E30
11-14-2004, 01:07 AM
Other members and myself have become more annoyed by "certain" members (who will not me named) on this board.

To be honest the "certain" members are making this board look like a joke and really turn people away when they are not banned for continually bashing. To be honest I have become quite sick of the lack of enforcement and will probably go to another board if this continues.

I have talked to several members and trust me they are just as disgusted and thinking of not posting anymore.

And if I get warned or banned for this post or other posts for speaking my mind about them then so be it.

FastM3
11-14-2004, 01:14 AM
More police needed!

Eurostyle
11-14-2004, 01:15 AM
Dave you are right, I also talked to many members about the ongoing issues and a LOT of people feel the same...This has to stop, one way or another...

Justin e36
11-14-2004, 02:29 AM
And if I get warned or banned for this post or other posts for speaking my mind about them then so be it.

Although this would fulfill your desire for increased moderator enforcement, no?

sirex
11-14-2004, 02:42 AM
muahhaha

i should be non banable

FastM3
11-14-2004, 02:44 AM
Although this would fulfill your desire for increased moderator enforcement, no?

Justin's got a point.

muahhaha

i should be non banable

You'd be going to jail, not just getting banned. :P

:D ;)

M50E30
11-14-2004, 03:43 AM

I'm talking about the issue of posting something like this (ie: mods/admin not enforcing). Next. :rolleyes:

SeRb
11-14-2004, 04:35 AM
**** banning,

HANG EM!!!!

SpoolinS6
11-14-2004, 04:57 AM
I Believe We Neeed More Banning Done On Max!!!!!!

EMPOWERD
11-14-2004, 09:48 AM
Banning people will not always solve problems (we've noticed on other boards **coughJORDANcough**). Some of the maXmembers are young adolescent males which usually have "sharp" tongues and fast posting impulses associated with them... typical "type before you think" syndrome linked with some keyboard courage which is really the cuplrit for this thread. Also, if this was such as issue as you make it seem, us moderators would be getting MANY more *Reported Post* emails regarding certain threads.... but we don't because it obviously doesn't bother people as much as you make it seem. Speak up if something gets your blood boiling on a specific thread, and remember... this is the internet, don't always take things so damn literal! Relax a bit, we don't want maX to be a tight-ass Nazi board... do we?

Understated
11-14-2004, 10:53 AM
^^^i agree....sure ppl are annoying/negative and rude sometimes...but just shrug it off...as stated this IS the internet...not real life so who gives a fawk

but if some1 really offends u then sure ban them...

John Hubbert
11-14-2004, 10:54 AM
Well said Randy .

M50E30
11-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Some of the maXmembers are young adolescent males which usually have "sharp" tongues and fast posting impulses associated with them... typical "type before you think" syndrome linked with some keyboard courage which is really the cuplrit for this thread. Also, if this was such as issue as you make it seem, us moderators would be getting MANY more *Reported Post* emails regarding certain threads.... but we don't because it obviously doesn't bother people as much as you make it seem.

"Type before you think". No. It is someone actually taking a stand.

I don't think people know about the "Reported Post" option. So lets see how the polls do.

Steve7792
11-14-2004, 04:15 PM
I've noticed this too. Banning won't really do much, if its a racist comment or something of that sort than a ban could be in order.

Kal
11-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Also, if this was such as issue as you make it seem, us moderators would be getting MANY more *Reported Post* emails regarding certain threads.... but we don't because it obviously doesn't bother people as much as you make it seem. Speak up if something gets your blood boiling on a specific thread, and remember... this is the internet, don't always take things so damn literal! Relax a bit, we don't want maX to be a tight-ass Nazi board... do we?

Maybe people think that you guys read the threads as well so we dont have to report everything. You guys surf the board too, its not like you guys are blind .. you see whats written.. If there are people who are becoming a detremental factor to this forum then I think there should be necessary actions taken.

If you want us to report more posts then so be it. I'll start reporting and I hope others do to. I would just think that the mods would get just as upset when I read a thread and there is some internet punkbitch flaming and ruining every thread.

Jase
11-14-2004, 07:56 PM
I think banning people will solve nothing. Sure i get pissed at some members but hey If i had that big of a problem with what was said or done, I would take it up in person if i had the chance. If a member takes anything too far sure.. maybe a warning from a mod would be in order. But the world is what it is. like it or not.

gsbadbmr
12-05-2004, 10:23 PM
Sure, you can try and "ban" someone, but if they want to come back and post after getting banned it's as easy as 1-2-3. Banning won't solve a thing. I've learned over the years to NOT let people get under your skin...because once they do YOU lose. Ignore them, use the PM system if you have "beef" with another member and stop poluting the forum threads which everyone else can see with crap...that's what the PM system is there for, amongst other things.

-gsbadbmr

rad318Ti
12-05-2004, 10:44 PM
banning aint going to do shit... just cuz you get pissed off cuz somone says something or has a different opinion on something, dont mean they gotta be banned from this place. thats life man, deal with it, if not just go on another board... but i can bet your gonna find the same problem... suck it up n dont let shit get to you.... works for me! *th-up*

RevShoT
12-06-2004, 01:39 AM
try bimmerforums.com

that place is under strict enforcement and is one the most respected boards around, very mature knowledgeable people there