PDA

View Full Version : goofy dealership rules?

RevShoT
11-13-2004, 07:55 PM
so couple months ago i took my car in to get services (water pump) im 19 i drive a ****in bmw, they tell me it will take 2 days, so i say can u get my a loaner so i can goto work, they say no sorry u must be 21 to drive our cars, i was like wtf u have my bmw, i want one to get to work, is there an insurance problem? they said no, dealer policy, so me being the stubborn person i decided to just say **** it, im towing my car to a local garage and i did

n e one else have this ****ed up shit going on?

Understated
11-13-2004, 08:00 PM
good...wtf is the age restriction for....screw them man, i would've done the same !

M50E30
11-13-2004, 08:01 PM
so couple months ago i took my car in to get services (water pump) im 19 i drive a ****in bmw, they tell me it will take 2 days, so i say can u get my a loaner so i can goto work, they say no sorry u must be 21 to drive our cars, i was like wtf u have my bmw, i want one to get to work, is there an insurance problem? they said no, dealer policy, so me being the stubborn person i decided to just say **** it, im towing my car to a local garage and i did

n e one else have this ****ed up shit going on?

Jay,

Your only mistake is going to the dealership. They only care about the people that have big $. Not some young kid with a used BMW.......trust me I figured that out when I was looking for mine.

Solution: Take your BMW to Thorold Imports. You won't get a loaner but you will have saved yourself alot of money.

RevShoT
11-13-2004, 08:03 PM
and thats what i did, they do good work there!

Jordan
11-13-2004, 08:04 PM
Age speaks to your maturity level, and how responsible you are.

You obviously aren't very mature, coming on here whinning about how some dealership would not give you a car as a loaner. You are having a water pump swapped, which is a 2HOUR job to do yourself. Even if you were 21 they would likely deny a request for a loaner car. They save them for people getting real work done on there cars that wont have their car for a week or more.

-Jordan, who works in the service department at a dealership and laughs at people like you all day.

RevShoT
11-13-2004, 08:10 PM
dude u really are a dickhead eh, seriously every post i read from you have been nuthin bout negative, dont make another mystikal/revshot war :moon:

M50E30
11-13-2004, 08:20 PM

Jordan, who works in the service department at a dealership and laughs at people like you all day.

Nice post asshair.

///m powered
11-13-2004, 08:20 PM
No offense, but if the dealerships there are anything like they are here, I wouldn't take my car there even if you payed me haha.

RevShoT
11-13-2004, 08:24 PM
yeah i agree, plus the parts that need replacing always shouldnt be replace with faulty/ bad quality dealer parts ie: waterpumps, bushings, ball joints

it was my first break down, i wanted to go and get a full service inspection on my car.. but after the put downs and the were to good for you attitude i said **** it, its independent garages for me

FastM3
11-13-2004, 08:25 PM
You are having a water pump swapped, which is a 2HOUR job to do yourself. Even if you were 21 they would likely deny a request for a loaner car. They save them for people getting real work done on there cars that wont have their car for a week or more.

He is right about this though RevShot.
And it's the same at all dealerships, and no it isn't dealer policy just because they feel like it, it is an insurance policy.
And depending on the size of the dealer they probably only have a few cars as loaners, which like Jordan said, are saved for people with bigger problems.

RevShoT
11-13-2004, 08:27 PM
yeah i understand its a small job, but man i have to get to work, and they tell me i have to leave it with them for 2 days, i think i should be sumwhat helped out here.... i mean a 2 hour job for 2 days work?

FastM3
11-13-2004, 08:30 PM
yeah i understand its a small job, but man i have to get to work, and they tell me i have to leave it with them for 2 days, i think i should be sumwhat helped out here.... i mean a 2 hour job for 2 days work?

I don't understand why they would say 2 days, unless you didn't make an appointment and if you did then they would of told you they are backed up for a day or two.
Either way, if your work is not that far from the dealer, they should of provided shuttle.
What dealership did you bring this in to?

RevShoT
11-13-2004, 08:37 PM
my car broke down about 30 min from the dealer, i called them next day about getting it fixed, i said i suspect waterpump, they said well call a tow truck and have it brought in, after work i went to the dealer and they said water pump is shot but it will be another 2 days before u can have it back becuase they are buisy, i asked for a loaner they said no i got mad called a tow truck and left,

what really pissed the guy off was he bit the bullet for the tow truck he said i have to pay the tow bill which was 120 bucks, i said no way cause i need my car done asap or a loaner they still said no so i left and didnt pay the bill

FastM3
11-13-2004, 08:50 PM
So from the dealer to your work how long is the drive?

And which dealer?

duffy325
11-13-2004, 08:51 PM
I also am not "allowed" to get a loaner car at my dealership here for the same reason, despite the fact that I spent atleast 5g's there since I've owned my car. I also live an hour and a bit way and have to take a 2.5hr bus (lots of stops) to get home when my car is broken. But yesterday I turned 21 so no more excuses.

RevShoT
11-13-2004, 08:58 PM
where i worked at the time was about 40 min from where i worked

and the dealer was the performance group in st. catharines

consisted of lexus, bmw volkswagen and i think audi

T.Dot_E30
11-13-2004, 09:03 PM
I agree I dont understand why ppl want a loaner when they are getting their car fixed. Unless the dealer fuked up then. And its not like its a new car either. It jus doesn't make sense, giving u a loaner would mean the dealership would have to charge you more than their already high prices to cover cost.

I used to work at a rental company, ppl from dealerships would complain when they got a cavalier instead of a malibu......friggin ppl, its not meant to replace ur car, take the bus if u dont like it or pay for the upgrade.

Customers are expecting too much these days.
They make businesses prefer not to serve them, cus they loose in the end. But they have to do it because that one stupid person will go ruin their reputation.

BTW: Nothing personal Revshot, jus a general rant.

I've never taken my car to a dealership and never will, the only reason my car would goto the dealer is if it was getting warrenty work done.

No one has ever worked on my car except for my uncle, my dad and me.

Jordan
11-13-2004, 09:10 PM
dude u really are a dickhead eh, seriously every post i read from you have been nuthin bout negative, dont make another mystikal/revshot war :moon:

See it pisses me off when you jerkoffs say this.

At least 75% of my posts are VERY helpful. Read more of the fvcking e30 section and stop being a tool.

Futhermore, why dont you just fix your own damn water pump?

The only tools you need is a flathead screwdriver, ratchet, short extention and a 13mm socket. A monkey could do it.

Axxe
11-13-2004, 10:19 PM
Last time I went with my Dad's 5-er (summertime) for warranty replacement on sport seats, they gave me a 330Ci for the week. I was 17 at the time, but it was for my Dad. I love summers off, get to run fun errands to budd's and back.

FastM3
11-13-2004, 10:21 PM
I love summers off, get to run fun errands to budd's and back.

What do you mean?

325iSBimmer
11-13-2004, 11:00 PM
See it pisses me off when you jerkoffs say this.

At least 75% of my posts are VERY helpful. Read more of the fvcking e30 section and stop being a tool.

Futhermore, why dont you just fix your own damn water pump?

The only tools you need is a flathead screwdriver, ratchet, short extention and a 13mm socket. A monkey could do it.

Listen Dickf*ck, before I drive down to whereever u live, and SHIT in your mouth that way you will stop posting it on here.

MAYBE some people don't know how to work on their own cars. Maybe their not all master mechanics like YOU. And as for a monkey being able to do it; I'd like to see that, another thing I'd like to see is you and a monkey get an IQ test together. I wouldnt be surprised at the results. *th-up*

the only TOOL on here is you. I've withheld any replies to your dumb/negative remarks towards other poeple on here for quite sometime just because I dont like getting involved with the likes of people like you, I'm afraid of you're stupidity rubbing off on me. :huh?:

You should really take a clue and realize that hardly anyone on this board likes you and theres a reason for that!

I know you're going to put much thought and effort into your rebutel against my post and probably go off on a little hissy fit on how you're always right and so on, but If u wanna save urself some braicells and time dont bother becuase It wont affect me in the least. I've seen enough of you;re nonsense to just disregard it as garbage.

BTW, I was looking through a thread with some new pix of you're car and even though other people were bitching at your attitude I was going to post on how I like your car and that as long as you like the way it looks (not rice) then thats all that matters; BUT i withheld myself cause I've seen all the shit you talk on here and figured YOU personally didnt deserve it, even though your car does. *wave*

Justin e36
11-13-2004, 11:24 PM
Jordan does have some very helpful posts. He may be sharp in how he expresses himself. Read the information behind his words, not the words itself. This rule applies across all dealerships.

Jordan -- it's too cold in Toronto right now to do any real engine work unless you've got a well sealed garage or a heated garage at your disposal. We're edging the freezing mark right now... unless it's a job you're experienced in and have done before, it's not suitable weather to do any engine work by reading a manual and diagrams.

RevShot -- Sorry to hear about your misfortune. BMW dealerships don't even like looking at e36's or e30's... too old, too many problems. They'd rather have those cars off the road at this point. Independant garage is definately the way to go... hopfully you're back on the road soon.

J

Jordan
11-13-2004, 11:25 PM
Listen Dickf*ck, before I drive down to whereever u live, and SHIT in your mouth that way you will stop posting it on here.

MAYBE some people don't know how to work on their own cars. Maybe their not all master mechanics like YOU. And as for a monkey being able to do it; I'd like to see that, another thing I'd like to see is you and a monkey get an IQ test together. I wouldnt be surprised at the results. *th-up*

the only TOOL on here is you. I've withheld any replies to your dumb/negative remarks towards other poeple on here for quite sometime just because I dont like getting involved with the likes of people like you, I'm afraid of you're stupidity rubbing off on me. :huh?:

You should really take a clue and realize that hardly anyone on this board likes you and theres a reason for that!

I know you're going to put much thought and effort into your rebutel against my post and probably go off on a little hissy fit on how you're always right and so on, but If u wanna save urself some braicells and time dont bother becuase It wont affect me in the least. I've seen enough of you;re nonsense to just disregard it as garbage.

BTW, I was looking through a thread with some new pix of you're car and even though other people were bitching at your attitude I was going to post on how I like your car and that as long as you like the way it looks (not rice) then thats all that matters; BUT i withheld myself cause I've seen all the shit you talk on here and figured YOU personally didnt deserve it, even though your car does. *wave*

What am I supposed to say to this? Its a haphazard collection of your personal opinions and assumptions. Most of them off base. I don't care what people here (or anyone else for that matter) thinks of me, so say what you "know to be true" because it ultimately does not matter. I laugh at you for your words, while you feel good about "putting me in my place"

When you guys stop getting your panties in a bunch over every single post I make, THEN and ONLY THEN will this shit stop.

duffy325
11-13-2004, 11:32 PM
I agree I dont understand why ppl want a loaner when they are getting their car fixed. Unless the dealer fuked up then. And its not like its a new car either. It jus doesn't make sense, giving u a loaner would mean the dealership would have to charge you more than their already high prices to cover cost.

Well if you live nearby I see your point, but I live a 2.5 hour $20 bus ride one way, and I have to take the same back, so it would be nice if they gave me even a used car then it would save me the expense and also if I was driving myself I can get home in a little over an hour (bus makes numerous stops).

And I pay the same amount of labour per hour as everyone else who does get the use of a loaner so really if they do not provide me with this service I should almost get a discount *wiggle*

Anywho dealerships should want to give you a loaner becuase it is a way for them to give customers a chance to drive in a car that you may wish to purchase. For instance me driving a 95 325i, may actually be inclined to buy a certified e46 or something based upon the interest generated from using one for a day. So the cost of giving out loaners could easily be covered through increased sales.

So I guess your opinion could depend on if you would truly be benefited from the use of a loaner or if you just want to borrow a car for a day.

M50E30
11-13-2004, 11:34 PM

When you guys stop getting your panties in a bunch over every single post I make, THEN and ONLY THEN will this shit stop.

http://home.zonnet.nl/forum_spam/misc/crybaby/images/0042.jpg

Jordan
11-13-2004, 11:39 PM
When was the last time you made a useful post in a thread I also posted in M50E30?

This is what I'm talking about. A bunch of shitheads that follow me around thread to thread posting the flame fuel seen above.

Eurostyle
11-13-2004, 11:53 PM
When was the last time you made a useful post in a thread I also posted in M50E30?

This is what I'm talking about. A bunch of shitheads that follow me around thread to thread posting the flame fuel seen above.

Yes, and the more the better! Just like me, Dave (aka M50E30) doesnt give a Fu#k what you say or think, so he can post whatever he wants...But unfortunatly there are other people out there who are "intimidated" by you, and what you have to say, so they dont even post! I think you just bring out the negative in everyone!

M50E30
11-13-2004, 11:54 PM

Listen idiot.......I do post useful information when I have it. When or if I don't have anything good to say I don't.

And whats the matter?

Am I getting annoying?

Don't like it?

Well you better get used to it. Because it isn't going to stop untill you:

A) STFU and grow up.

or

B) Don't post here anymore.

Well stop being sutch an ass**** and maybe people will not flame the shit out of you 24/7. Like haven't you realized there are more and more people on this board getting sick of your BS?

Antz_Marchin
11-13-2004, 11:56 PM

Not really biased since I've never read one of your posts here before, so this is a first impression. I'll just keep it short and sweet by saying that I'd love to give you a good solid right hand between the eyes. I though this forum was about helping people out not picking and choosing when you're gonna be a dick then reference past posts where you helped out.

Lennon
11-13-2004, 11:56 PM
Ya bunch of women.......go outside or something.

EDIT: Just realized the time... go to BED!

///m powered
11-14-2004, 12:00 AM
geeze, now there are 2 of these things going on? :(

Eurostyle
11-14-2004, 12:02 AM
Not really biased since I've never read one of your posts here before, so this is a first impression. I'll just keep it short and sweet by saying that I'd love to give you a good solid right hand between the eyes. I though this forum was about helping people out not picking and choosing when you're gonna be a dick then reference past posts where you helped out.

Ha ha!!!
There is a whole website dedicated to this kind of BS...www.R3Vlimited.com

Eurostyle
11-14-2004, 12:03 AM
geeze, now there are 2 of these things going on? :(

i think there is 3...

///m powered
11-14-2004, 12:06 AM
yeah, so, dealerships loaning cars eh?....

Lennon
11-14-2004, 12:09 AM
yeah, so, dealerships loaning cars eh?....

And have you heard, they have something called "shuttle". Apparently, they drive you to wherever you need to go. Strange if you ask me.

FastM3
11-14-2004, 12:12 AM
And have you heard, they have something called "shuttle". Apparently, they drive you to wherever you need to go. Strange if you ask me.

buahahahahaahhahahahha :D:D:D

Justin e36
11-14-2004, 12:17 AM
so immature.

mods, do us a favor and lock the thread.

Jordan
11-14-2004, 01:52 AM
Listen idiot.......I do post useful information when I have it. When or if I don't have anything good to say I don't.

And whats the matter?

Am I getting annoying?

Don't like it?

Well you better get used to it. Because it isn't going to stop untill you:

A) STFU and grow up.

or

B) Don't post here anymore.

Well stop being sutch an ass**** and maybe people will not flame the shit out of you 24/7. Like haven't you realized there are more and more people on this board getting sick of your BS?

I would say the complaints I read are 50/50

50% are specificly sick of my asshole posts

the other 50% are sick of all your retards that go back and forth to infinity in any thread you can find with me. I make 1 simple comment, and 10 others of you proceed to drag a thread off course until it is ruined.

You guys play a MUCH larger roll in the shitting on threads then I ever dream of.

E36er
11-14-2004, 03:37 AM
i used to be on www.r3vlimited.com tons and i must say jordan did mouth me off a few times...but damn all his post helped out (on my e30)...

and about the loaner car..thats BS....i agree with you...even if they took some info or something ..they still shoulda let you get a car..

theres my 2 cents

SebSter
11-14-2004, 10:07 AM
its plain and simple, cars can not be loaned or rented to people under 21. its nothing personal. if they give it to you, and you crash it, they are ****ed.

they should have a shuttle that can take you around though

coolhand
11-14-2004, 11:22 AM
Unless it's under warenty who the hell takes their car to a dealership?

Freaking moronic people who are cluless that the dealers are ripping them off.

M3ti Compact
11-14-2004, 02:14 PM
This is my experience with the dealer.

If you car is in for a day, they will put you in a shuttle and drive you somewhere you want to go, when your car is done, they call you, and you can have the shuttle come pick you up. At BMW, when I had to have my gauges replaced (warranty), and had to leave the car there the whole day, I got a "shuttle" ride in a crappy 3er off the lot driven by the lot boy. At Toyota, they have a new, mid-level Sienna with nylon stickers displaying the dealer name and that this van is the CUSTOMER SHUTTLE.

The only time the dealer will give you (a kid) a free loaner is for warranty work and overnight

RevShoT
11-14-2004, 02:23 PM
k first off i am a good mechanic, i build drag engines on weekends at a shop, i get my work done by other people cause i dont have time to mess around with BS problems on my car, i took my car to the dealer this time because i was fairly new to the bmw scene and didnt know any shops in the area i could trust, also it was my first time with a problem and i wanted to goto the dealer to get the pump fixed AND have a complete overhaul on the car ie: check bushings ect...

my dad works at GM so we have been going to the GM dealer for our trucks since as long as i can remember, no matter how long the job took we and I either got a shuttle home OR a car for as long as the work took plain and simple if your going to a dealer for service u should be given a loaner off the lot, most places will lend you their demo cars anyway in hopes of you buying one.

my first and only expence with the BMW dealer (for service) was a bad one and i wont go their again, however i do still buy odd parts off them.

FastM3
11-14-2004, 05:22 PM
I got a "shuttle" ride in a crappy 3er off the lot driven by the lot boy.
So why you bitching? You got a ride didn't you? Who cares what car it is and who drives it.

At Toyota, they have a new, mid-level Sienna with nylon stickers displaying the dealer name and that this van is the CUSTOMER SHUTTLE.

So you feel better riding in a shitty Minivan with CUSTOMER SHUTTLE written all over the damn thing, rather then a brand new 320i? :rolleyes:

M3ti Compact
11-14-2004, 05:54 PM
So why you bitching? You got a ride didn't you? Who cares what car it is and who drives it.

So you feel better riding in a shitty Minivan with CUSTOMER SHUTTLE written all over the damn thing, rather then a brand new 320i? :rolleyes:

I'm saying Toyota does a better job than BMW at customer service shuttles even though BMW's cheapest car sells at 3x Toyota's cheapest.

Yes, I feel better riding in a Minivan with Customer Shuttle written all over it driven by a rep than having to climb into the back of a USED, ex-smoker, 2 door E36 318, driven by some lot boy who takes "drive it like it's stolen" to a new level.

BTW, the new Sienna in XLE trim humiliates the E46 320 in the interior department anytime.

lvan
11-14-2004, 07:01 PM
Man in Toronto you wont get loaner/to rent unless you are 25. In kitchener and small towns it's 21.....I think you betta calm down and be down to earth a bit...
Next time you take your car where they will do it in 2hrs as Jordan said and there you go.

lvan
11-14-2004, 07:13 PM
Personally if they give me loaned I would refuse unless I have to go home badly and there is no way. What would I do if someone bumped into me? I know for the fact when you take other people's cars thats when s_hit happens.(Too many dumb drivers)

Why you all guys bitching about JOrdan...I think he has enough knowledge about BMW . I have seen him many times contribute in positive way and very knowledgable.
When he posts things you dont like then you just ignore it or lough .I think hes cool and without him this place would be too quiet .

///MsAniTy
11-14-2004, 07:34 PM
i think its common sence that dealershisp wont give a young guy such as yourself a laoner cuz your are young n their insurance doesnt cover it.

FastM3
11-14-2004, 07:41 PM
I'm saying Toyota does a better job than BMW at customer service shuttles even though BMW's cheapest car sells at 3x Toyota's cheapest.

Yes, I feel better riding in a Minivan with Customer Shuttle written all over it driven by a rep than having to climb into the back of a USED, ex-smoker, 2 door E36 318, driven by some lot boy who takes "drive it like it's stolen" to a new level.

BTW, the new Sienna in XLE trim humiliates the E46 320 in the interior department anytime.

Well for one, by the sounds of it, dealerships in Toronto ****ing suck!

Gato
11-15-2004, 12:25 AM
You guys play a MUCH larger roll in the shitting on threads then I ever dream of.

Don't really know you or what the situation is.

Word of advice though: Don't try to fight everyone at the same time. You can't win.