PDA

View Full Version : Service loaners

t-im
11-10-2004, 03:21 AM
Hey i have a question regarding service loaners for new under warranty cars

is their a general BMW Canada policy for that

or are they set by each dealer individually?

Axxe
11-10-2004, 05:04 AM
They usually give out one of their demo cars or certified series car. If they don't have anything to give you then they give you a rental.

Betray
11-10-2004, 11:43 AM
I brought my car into service today... was hoping for a x5 or a 5 series.. nope, got a damn dodge durango! urggh i hate this car and i already got one at home :( *thmbsdwn*

t-im
11-10-2004, 11:55 AM
See, what's odd is that the dealer by my house APPRENTLY has a new policy which is pure bs...

"no service loaners unless it's something that req over night work"...even though i've gotten service loaners for even less then what i'm bringing my car in...and renting a car is at MY expense!....

While another BMW further away still gives out service loaners....

Seriously, i'm not gonna depend on a stupid shuttle when I have other places to go!

Waterwings
11-10-2004, 12:33 PM
all you ahve to do is ask and if theydon't have a loaner they will rent you a car.

330i CDN
11-10-2004, 02:55 PM
I think the only policy from BMW regarding loaners is that BMW Canada will pay the dealer a certain amount per day if your vehicle is not driveable, waiting for parts, etc. while it is under warranty, if the repair is a warranty item. The dealer will be compensated by BMW for your transportation, but they may get you a rental, one of their loaners, etc. (doesn't have to be a BMW). As far as regular service, it is up to the dealer and they do not have to provide you any transportation. My dealer provides loaner vehicles only for customers that have purchased their vehicles there, and only by appointment.

Betray
11-10-2004, 05:18 PM
they screwed up my shit so maybe.. and maybe fact that i drive a 7? doubt that has anything to do with since todays fully loaded 320i is prolly more expensive then my car

bimmersportswife
11-10-2004, 05:28 PM
BMW Canada does not pay for a loaner or rental while your car is in for service. The only time BMW Canada will pay or compensate the individual dealer for a replacement car is if your car is under warranty, not drivable AND your part(s) is/are BACKORDERED.

Betray
11-10-2004, 08:54 PM
weird, i got my loaner just for a like 8 hours today.. i returned it the same day

crusher
11-10-2004, 08:59 PM
i went in the dealer today to get my tires change. took the whole day lol they give me a free rental. oh ya betray your lucky to get a durango! i got a cavalier hehe

t-im
11-10-2004, 11:32 PM
Usually when I bring my car in i get loaners (320ia's..whoohoo) like..if a light would come on I would make an appointment, specify what it is, specify I need a loaner and they say okay..and I usually say I want my car washed

but NOW, i need an oil chance (according to the oil change thing) and 3 lights have come on (which THEY were supose to fix) and they said NO loaner cars but a shuttle would be at my service..and that "enterprise is next door and they rent cars at very reasonable rates"

wtf is that? I've had loaners tons of times..and hwen they had no loaners, they've given me a Mini..and now they supposidely don't do it?...when my car is only a year old?..and i've purchased my car there and everything

crusher
11-11-2004, 12:04 AM
time to move to a new dealer!

Gianpaolo_E46
11-11-2004, 12:36 AM
i never get loners cause im not old enough!! but i've never needed one, my mom got a 325i when a front bumper was being replaced/painted on her 530

t-im
11-11-2004, 05:22 AM
I've gotten loaners since I was 19 (and i'm 20 now)

and since i'm calliing in my oil change appointment a week and half in advance, and my dealer wont give me a loaner, I called the other bmw dealer and they said since i'm "calling so ahead, they will definitely have one set aside for me"

haha i'm just pissed off by their supposide retarded policy

Axxe
11-11-2004, 09:47 AM
Yeah, switch dealers. My dad buys new from budds, and used to service at mississauga. Mississaga wouldn't give loaners, so now my dad goes to budd's (extra 30 mins drive). Last time he got a 4.6is. That thing sure handles great for an SUV.

Betray
11-11-2004, 11:00 AM
for an oil change you got a car? wow i wonder if i can do that too

James325I
11-11-2004, 01:55 PM
The local dealer loans out hyundais I have had the elantra 4dr a couple of times. Its nice when I get my car back. I call in advance to set up loaner. Doing my timing belt + gasket soon will need a loaner that day hoping for a 540 as loaner lol.

t-im
11-11-2004, 02:03 PM
^ any loaner is better then taking the courtesy shuttle....unless it wants to be my personal chauffer and drive me to every place I need to goto..

///MAC
11-11-2004, 02:13 PM
AHHAHAHAH i always get the loaner which is the same as my car...
example when my dad brings in the 5er we usually get a car that fits 5 people since we are 5 people in my family, usually get an X5 of a 5er... never nething smaller and we dont have to pay for it....

oldskool3
11-13-2004, 07:39 PM
Thats ridiculous time to move to a new dealership. Especially since you seem to be a loyal customer thy could rent you a car even. That shitty. *thmbsdwn*

Mystikal
11-14-2004, 07:53 PM
We've always been given E46 320i's and 325i's, even for day work. This was with Autohaus, who I've heard now only gives non-BMW loaners. It was nice, they even had 1 manual 320i (we got that one a lot). After a lot of useless time wasted there we moved on to the Whitby head office, who actually starting fixing the car properly. Best part is, they have lots of Mini loaners, and there are a bunch of manual ones. Here's a pic of one:

http://premium.uploadit.org/mystikal325/DSCN1967.jpg

Yeah, that snowstorm was REAL fun. :D Permanent 4-wheel drifts around the block (BTW, handbrake placement in Mini's is perfect).