PDA

View Full Version : Agent BMW: endless night trailer is up!

Adriano
11-09-2004, 07:37 AM
OK, so I just emailed the trailer for my upcoming movie to the Max guys. Be sure to find it up soon. You will need quicktime 6 or later to view it and it is about 8Mb. The website www.alodesigns.com is not up yet but will be in a couple of weeks (still working on it). The trailer DOES show quite alot of the movie so you might want to wait for the movie........ not. :huh?:
Please post your comments here! *th-up*

Here's the working link: -Gamite
http://www.mnsi.net/~alo/BMW/Agent%20BMW%20Trailer.mov

SickFinga
11-09-2004, 07:47 AM
site doesnt work

Adriano
11-09-2004, 07:55 AM
site doesnt work

Dude! Didn't you just read what I posted? :eek: Site is not up yet! ;) and my damn email that I sent Max just got returned to me. I guess 8 Mb is too big. Where can I send this so it can be hosted on Max????????? :(

I just emailed it to Gamite. PUT THIS UP PLEASE*th-up*

SickFinga
11-09-2004, 08:00 AM
ok, i confess, I didnt read anything, i just clicked on the link

email it to me

Adriano
11-09-2004, 08:03 AM
[QUOTE=SickFinga]ok, i confess, I didnt read anything, i just clicked on the link

email it to me

Sent *th-up*

SickFinga
11-09-2004, 08:19 AM
http://www.mnsi.net/~alo/BMW/Agent%20BMW%20Trailer.mov

rodo
11-09-2004, 09:14 AM
hahaha siick

SkycityBMW
11-09-2004, 09:44 AM
that looks FREAKIN awesome ! ! !

Nice job ! ! !

Adriano
11-09-2004, 09:50 AM
OK someone put this on Max front page please ASAP!

TheMadChigga
11-09-2004, 11:18 AM
the under body neon lights killed the James Bond feeling.

other than that, pretty nice.

///MAC
11-09-2004, 11:34 AM
pretty nice man.... i liked the neon lights lol

niko_gt
11-09-2004, 11:43 AM
thats awesome, if u need any bad guys, lemme know, haha

looks friken awesome

qimis
11-09-2004, 11:49 AM
WHOA ??!!! :eek:

TiemenT
11-09-2004, 11:51 AM
holy shit man ! *th-up*

the video is great made ! very professional !

qimis
11-09-2004, 11:55 AM
"Where the police are powerless"

:D i assume that'll be the Windsor Police ?

http://www.collectablediecast.com/productimages/MM76432.jpg

M3speed
11-09-2004, 11:58 AM
wow man!! that looks awesome!!!

Adriano
11-09-2004, 12:24 PM
"Where the police are powerless"

:D i assume that'll be the Windsor Police ?

http://www.collectablediecast.com/productimages/MM76432.jpg

BWAHAHAHAH!!! :D :D :D

That wasn't the case when we were filming and they sent you home and threatened me with careless driving eh? :D

e36_freak
11-09-2004, 12:36 PM
holy crap.........that looks friggin awsome.......can't wait to watch the whole thing

ierrahh
11-09-2004, 12:45 PM
That was awsome ...good stuff

qimis
11-09-2004, 01:09 PM
BWAHAHAHAH!!! :D :D :D

That wasn't the case when we were filming and they sent you home and threatened me with careless driving eh? :D

hahahaha careless driving ..... i thought your clutch were "slipping", that's why officer ..... my car fishtailed on every corner that night. :D

SebSter
11-09-2004, 01:37 PM
whoa, amazing *th-up*

cant wait for the full thing

Bliss
11-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Holy shit! Thats really good Adriano. Pretty impressive stuff...didn't even know you were an actor :D

Adriano
11-09-2004, 01:43 PM
Holy shit! Thats really good Adriano. Pretty impressive stuff...didn't even know you were an actor :D

Oh yea, right, I do it all! *th-up*

Hey, put this up on Max somewhere (preferably on front page). I also want to talk to you about a BIG link to the final movie. Gimme a PM ;)

DAM
11-09-2004, 01:54 PM
Wow, you put a lot of work into that. How long is the full movie?

Adriano
11-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Wow, you put a lot of work into that. How long is the full movie?

Only about 5 minutes but it took 3 months (part time and on weekends)

M3ti Compact
11-09-2004, 04:36 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: *smoke*

Ryousuke
11-09-2004, 04:43 PM
this seems like it could turn out in a good 1 in a half hour movie too bad the story will be rushed and no time for character development

Castel
11-09-2004, 05:02 PM
that's pretty rockin.. looks very well done.

i too would have liked it more sans the neons but i'm a sucker for the ronin style chases and such so meh.

production of that vid is very high quality tho.

*wiggle*

Justin e36
11-09-2004, 05:09 PM
it's not a movie which requires character development... it's an action short-film.

a few things:

1 - Send me the movie w/ adlibs... no sound track. The video is very well directed, filmed, and edited... however the sound track is very very very lacking and takes away from the potential power you can achieve with this. I've done professional video editing and audio mixing countless times... for short films as well. I compose music and can whip up a totally original sound track for the trailer which will push it a lot further than it currently does... and you don't have to worry about copyright issues since I'm giving you the rights to the music exlusively. I don't care if you credit me for this or not... I just see a whole lot more potential here with some simple adjustments.

2 - The BMW logo at the beginning of the movie takes away from the trailer... should be omitted or kept for the end.

3 - The "hello adriano" cut should be removed... I know it's cool and all when you turn on your car and what not... but it takes away from the trailer.

4 - Put your trailer on ifilm.com you'll get millions of views there and countless comments soon enough.

5 - "This December" should be switched to "December 2004" ... or even "January 2005" to extend the shelf-life of the trailer. You have to remember people will be watching the trailer years from now... and may not be aware that the actual movie was released a year ago and to look for it.

6 - Good work bud.. car's looking good. Keep it up.

UncleJ
11-09-2004, 05:54 PM
Whoa, that looks sweet. Nice work.

Lennon
11-09-2004, 06:14 PM
Looks great Adriano... and keep the part where the car talks to ya in the trailer... I think its great!

Adriano
11-09-2004, 06:51 PM
it's not a movie which requires character development... it's an action short-film.

a few things:

1 - Send me the movie w/ adlibs... no sound track. The video is very well directed, filmed, and edited... however the sound track is very very very lacking and takes away from the potential power you can achieve with this. I've done professional video editing and audio mixing countless times... for short films as well. I compose music and can whip up a totally original sound track for the trailer which will push it a lot further than it currently does... and you don't have to worry about copyright issues since I'm giving you the rights to the music exlusively. I don't care if you credit me for this or not... I just see a whole lot more potential here with some simple adjustments.

I will definately do that. Send me your email to alo@mnsi.net so I can reply. I'll send you the file and see what you can do if possible. Much apppreciated.

2 - The BMW logo at the beginning of the movie takes away from the trailer... should be omitted or kept for the end.

Hmm, must get a poll on this one

3 - The "hello adriano" cut should be removed... I know it's cool and all when you turn on your car and what not... but it takes away from the trailer.

I probably will do this - good idea. Sounds a little gay anyways without the rest of the movie.

4 - Put your trailer on ifilm.com you'll get millions of views there and countless comments soon enough.

I definately will do this!

5 - "This December" should be switched to "December 2004" ... or even "January 2005" to extend the shelf-life of the trailer. You have to remember people will be watching the trailer years from now... and may not be aware that the actual movie was released a year ago and to look for it.

This is also a good idea. Changed to January 2005

6 - Good work bud.. car's looking good. Keep it up.

Thanks again Justin, I will be in touch! I appreciate all comments and pointers

Adriano
11-09-2004, 07:09 PM
OK, uploaded a compressed version of the trailer. Only 4 Mb. Make sure you have Quicktime!

Go here:

Agent BMW: endless night (www.mnsi.net/~alo/BMW/Agent%20BMW%20Trailer.mov)

*wave*

Gamite
11-09-2004, 07:50 PM
that was friggen cool!!!

I edited your first post for you, so the link works.

Understated
11-09-2004, 07:52 PM
LMAO wheres' footage of u getting pulled over while making that dangerous right turn :D

Justin e36
11-09-2004, 07:52 PM
will do adriano... Thurs is a holiday so I'll spend some time on it then.. I just mocked up something quick for the beginning and it sounds pretty good with the video. Who'd the director?... Want to make sure I don't vene from his vision of what it should look/sound like. Is he going for a totally James Bond mimic?...

edit: one other thing... whoever did the editing for this should edit the maXbimmer videos from now on too.

AMG_POWER
11-09-2004, 07:58 PM
Looks cool, but i dont feel those neon lights!

M3speed
11-09-2004, 08:56 PM
once again, i just watched it and wow wow, very well made! looks amazing!! good job! looks so professional!

Adriano
11-10-2004, 09:16 AM
Gamite:
Thanks dude! *th-up*

Superman87:
Unfortunately my cousin got worried when we were pulled over by the poe-poe and he jumped off the truck before we could get some footage of the cop giving me shit and sending home Qimis and Windsor318is.

Justin:
My cousin did all the filming and editing. We both worked on the directing. I can't say for sure if we will use your music so don't spend too much time. My cousin's name is Corey and I am getting him signed up on Max. I'm sure that you both have some great ideas. I am also going to send you the movie for some ideas and or suggestions before we release it.

To all:
Thank you for all the compliments. Much appreciated for all the hard work.
OK and now about the neon lights. YEA, I know that they are tacky on a BMW but you guys don't realize that is was taken mostly at night and we needed some reference to the car. How would it look if all you saw were just 4 halos? Believe me, we tried filming with many different lighting schemes and this worked best. It's funny how the BMW guys despise the neon so much but I get complimented every where else. It is a show car guys! It is supposed to be flashy. If it wanted it to be BMW enthusiast car, I would have left it alone. ;)

Justin e36
11-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Adriano.. sounds good. I'll shoot you an email tonight. And about the underbody neon lights... I think it matches your car well... especially since you have the blue interior lighting on your door panels, the halos, etc. Its the color scheme your going for. Then again.. everyone seems to think my red angel eyes are tacky too.. but I get stopped and complimented on those more than anything else. Next to that people comment on the in-dash DVD.

330DTM
11-10-2004, 05:44 PM
Hey Adriano,
The trailer looks great, looks like those 3 months of hardwork and shooting paid off! I can't wait to see the final release.

Hey Justin e36,
sounds like you're saying that my editing sucks, j/k. I shoot and edit the videos with the hardware I have, which isn't much (bottom line Sony DCR TRV-17 camcorder and a crappy computer system with the lack of Canopus or Matrox's real-time editing cards which cost $1,000 USD). Considering that my career focus isn't on media, I don't have the kind of money I'd like in allocating it to owning a nice editing system plus a 3CCD camcorder like the Sony PD170 or the Panasonic AGDVX100A.

Eitherway, it depends on the kind of footage you can get. It's not that easy getting "the best" footage if you only have one camera rolling at the maX meets and you don't have the chance to take several re-takes. Plus trying co-operate with the driver and making him/her do all these errands just to get good footage isn't always that easy. If I had the chance to make a plan for a meet/cruise video it would be much easier, especially if I could direct everyone what to do, but again it's not that easy while doing this on busy public roads. Good editing does help, but with horrible raw footage, it's useless, therefore most of the times you work with what you have. I'm pretty sure if anyone is given ample time to work on a video, they can make it quite spiffy, but since I don't have all the time to spend on editing with school work and other things going on in my life, I do what I can to make it look presentable.

Justin e36
11-10-2004, 06:02 PM
Hey Adriano,
The trailer looks great, looks like those 3 months of hardwork and shooting paid off! I can't wait to see the final release.

Hey Justin e36,
sounds like you're saying that my editing sucks, j/k. I shoot and edit the videos with the hardware I have, which isn't much (bottom line Sony DCR TRV-17 camcorder and a crappy computer system with the lack of Canopus or Matrox's real-time editing cards which cost $1,000 USD). Considering that my career focus isn't on media, I don't have the kind of money I'd like in allocating it to owning a nice editing system plus a 3CCD camcorder like the Sony PD170 or the Panasonic AGDVX100A.

Eitherway, it depends on the kind of footage you can get. It's not that easy getting "the best" footage if you only have one camera rolling at the maX meets and you don't have the chance to take several re-takes. Plus trying co-operate with the driver and making him/her do all these errands just to get good footage isn't always that easy. If I had the chance to make a plan for a meet/cruise video it would be much easier, especially if I could direct everyone what to do, but again it's not that easy while doing this on busy public roads. Good editing does help, but with horrible raw footage, it's useless, therefore most of the times you work with what you have. I'm pretty sure if anyone is given ample time to work on a video, they can make it quite spiffy, but since I don't have all the time to spend on editing with school work and other things going on in my life, I do what I can to make it look presentable.

Understood. I've done quite a few years with film/video and media... and yes... Matrox cards rock. I still keep my DualHead Matrox Millenium G400 around just in case... although it's so outdated. Footage is definately an important aspect too. You should ask for more people to do filming at the next meet... set up a few tripods. If you need some more professional equiptment.. anyone at a college or university can sign this out as a loaner for the weekend or whatever... just to get the higher quality footage.

Simple things would give you a lot more flexibility with your videos. For example... for the autocross events... have 2 videocameras. One is a in-car headrest mount which migrates to each new car before its launched... and a second camera on tripod which follows the action... picture-in-picture for these videos would be awesome...

anyway, I (as well as the rest of maX) definately appreciate the work you've done to build the community... *th-up*

app
11-10-2004, 07:20 PM
Just watched the trailer, really impressed with the quality! Can't wait to see the final product.

King Luis
11-10-2004, 08:17 PM
looks sweet.
how long is the actual movie going to be??

Adriano
11-12-2004, 04:20 PM
looks sweet.
how long is the actual movie going to be??

Almost 6 minutes

Justin e36
11-12-2004, 05:21 PM
6 minutes... damn, that's a long short. I know how much work goes into this... that must be hours upon hours of video footage to chop out the solid 6 minutes of usable video... !

Adriano
11-12-2004, 05:25 PM
Yup, three months. Gimme your email and I will send the trailer w/o sound.

takeshi
11-12-2004, 05:31 PM
hey that's cool!! I was expecting some chucky cheese hand held video recording XD

oldskool3
11-13-2004, 04:42 PM
thats awesome adriano I was also expecting some ghetto recording but this was sick. Cant wait to see the whole thing. *th-up*

Jim .E.
11-14-2004, 12:41 AM
if i didnt know i'd think it was a real movie coming out in theaters

nice work

///m powered
11-14-2004, 12:58 AM
All I can say is it looks way better than I expected it to look, Awesome job guys! Can't wait to see the film!!

Lennon
04-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Sooooo, is it done yet?!

agent_Z3
04-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Sooooo, is it done yet?!

realy...i wana see it!

SBM_330CI
04-08-2005, 11:15 PM
nice .. can't wait to see the whole movie !!

and yes ... the windsor police are powerless .........

Adriano
04-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Movie is done!
Sorry for the delay in response. I am just waiting for the CD covers to come in and I am still working on the website. If anyone is interested, I'll sell the DVD for $10 plus shipping. For $10 I am not making any money, just to pay for the blank DVD, case and printing. I will have the website up in a couple of weeks hopefully but if anyone wants to preorder, I have them ready by next week. I think that $13.50 CDN via Paypal should cover the DVD and shipping in Ontario. The DVD includes special features that the website will not. *th-up*

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49660&stc=1

Adriano
04-09-2005, 08:09 PM
I'll do a full writeup soon.

Lennon
04-10-2005, 12:40 AM
Excellent!

Thanks man, been lookin forward to it!

windsor318is
04-10-2005, 12:48 AM
id buy one.... buy my names not on the cover *uzi* (you put homo seans name though!!!!!)

Adriano
04-10-2005, 09:01 AM
id buy one.... buy my names not on the cover *uzi* (you put homo seans name though!!!!!)

:moon:
Actually, we changed the cover since then Al. Leonard is working on that.
*wiggle*

BMW BMXer
04-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Cool, very cool. I agree with Justin but it one some independent trailiers sites get some intrest, more people buying perhaps it can turn out bigger than you thought.

Impressive though.