PDA

View Full Version : Headlight cover

Bad Man
07-25-2002, 10:14 AM
Wussup.

I was just wondering if anyone knows how I can get the headlight covers off so I can clean the inside up...

And does anyone here know where I can get the crystal clear ones (and for how $)

Peace Out

Gamite
07-25-2002, 05:01 PM
I dont think thats possible with US spec headlights. I think the beams are sealed.

Bad Man
07-25-2002, 05:09 PM
This is to what GAMITE wrote:

Hey man,

Are you sure? I really think I can because I noticed that a lot of the cars here look like mine---you know how yours is---well see the lights---in the models after that there is like a plastic or glass cover infront of those lights---thats what I am looking at.....

You may be right...who knows?

Thanks

*shiner*

Adriano
07-26-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Bad Man
Wussup.

I was just wondering if anyone knows how I can get the headlight covers off so I can clean the inside up...

And does anyone here know where I can get the crystal clear ones (and for how $)

Peace Out

Your car has sealed lenses as do all US spec headlights and do not come apart. Sorry*shiner*

Bad Man
07-28-2002, 10:33 AM
DAAAMN!

Oh well!

would you know where I could then get the headlight trim---sort of like the pic above? How much would it be?

Holla!
:cool:

Adriano
07-28-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Bad Man
DAAAMN!

Oh well!

would you know where I could then get the headlight trim---sort of like the pic above? How much would it be?

Holla!
:cool:

Price is in CDN money plus shipping as follows:

Headlamp Styling Lids,BMW 318/325/328/M3 2/4-door, Long version, 1992-98 $165 (these are like mine in my pic)

Headlamp Styling Lids, BMW 318/325/328/M3 1992-98 short version $90

Lower headlamp cover, BMW E36 2-dr/Cabrio;gives E36 the E46 look, can be used with the lids above $165

I only sell Kamei because I have bought 2 pair of cheap shit from ebay before and they didn't fit at all. Kamei fit like a glove and are plastic not fiberglass that are deformed. They are well worth the money, just ask anyone that bought the imitation junk. You can email me alo@mnsi.net or PM me. Go to http://www.kamei.co.uk/index2.html to see them.

SickFinga
07-29-2002, 08:36 AM
I'm pretty sure you can take the font cover off, but you will have to seal it back on

Jon@Bimmersport
07-30-2002, 07:47 PM
do u get all that shit in the Euro headlights? in my cuzins corner lens (civic) he always gets all this water vapor stuck there...anyway u can get it out?

Adriano
07-31-2002, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
do u get all that shit in the Euro headlights? in my cuzins corner lens (civic) he always gets all this water vapor stuck there...anyway u can get it out?

Unfortunatly your cousin's clear corners are probably cheap import knock offs. APC is the largest seller of clear corners and also one of the cheaply made. Can't do much about it because in some cases APC is the only seller of certain corner lenses. All you can do is either drill a small hole in the back to drain the water and vapour then seal the crap out of it with all weather silicone.

Jon@Bimmersport
08-01-2002, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Adriano

Unfortunatly your cousin's clear corners are probably cheap import knock offs. APC is the largest seller of clear corners and also one of the cheaply made. Can't do much about it because in some cases APC is the only seller of certain corner lenses. All you can do is either drill a small hole in the back to drain the water and vapour then seal the crap out of it with all weather silicone.

there is already a hole in the corner lens..wud like a vacum suck all the moisture out of there then i cud seal it up with the all weather silicone??

Adriano
08-01-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover

there is already a hole in the corner lens..wud like a vacum suck all the moisture out of there then i cud seal it up with the all weather silicone??

Actually what I did was drill a 1/8" hole in the bottom and left it there, that way the moisture would evaporate and exit the hole. Haven't had any fog since. What others have done is drill the hole and use a heat gun to evaporate the water and then seal everything with silicone.

Kal
08-03-2002, 05:31 PM
don't try it guy

i screwed up my first pair of headlights like that...somebody told me u can open it and it just cracked...

u've been warned *no-no*

djcontra
08-07-2002, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Adriano

Price is in CDN money plus shipping as follows:

Headlamp Styling Lids,BMW 318/325/328/M3 2/4-door, Long version, 1992-98 $165 (these are like mine in my pic)

Headlamp Styling Lids, BMW 318/325/328/M3 1992-98 short version $90

Lower headlamp cover, BMW E36 2-dr/Cabrio;gives E36 the E46 look, can be used with the lids above $165

I only sell Kamei because I have bought 2 pair of cheap shit from ebay before and they didn't fit at all. Kamei fit like a glove and are plastic not fiberglass that are deformed. They are well worth the money, just ask anyone that bought the imitation junk. You can email me alo@mnsi.net or PM me. Go to http://www.kamei.co.uk/index2.html to see them.

I bought some long eyebrows from procarparts.com back when they were selling them for about $20USD. I'd have to say i'm quite impressed with them as they're abs plastic, and fit perfectly as well. Of course at first i was sorta pissed that they didn't fit but i realized i needed to shave off the knobs on my headlamps first, now they just pop right on.
I need to get them painted though before i use them =/

Furious
08-07-2002, 11:55 AM
mmm, i think to open those headlights ,, you would have to take all the clips off and screws,, then heat the headlights up in an oven say. to free up the seal,, then have to heat them up with some more sealant to fix the problem,,, but i strongly advise against it,, its not worth it to mess them up even more.. im just giving you some ideas thats all..

zanth
08-20-2002, 05:54 PM
I had a similar situation with my headlight covers. It looked as if they were dirty from the inside but in fact they were scratched from the outside. Years of stones, bugs, etc.. created fine pits and scratches which made the covers look dull and dirty.

I used aluminium wheel polish and a little elbow grease to remove the pits and scratches.

After one cover the difference was so dramatic that I had to take a picture.