PDA

View Full Version : Parking tickets -> wtf?!?

SebSter
11-04-2004, 12:18 AM
I got 2 parking tickets being parked on the same road in one day. I parked there in the morning, got a ticket at 11:45am, and another ticket at 6pm. Isnt the law that you cant get more than one ticket in the same place within 24 hours?

Quack
11-04-2004, 12:23 AM
it has to be pretty much the same spot in one day & you have to leave the first ticket still on your windshield I think

SebSter
11-04-2004, 12:24 AM
yeap it was on the windshield, when i came back another one was stacked on top.. bastard, im gonna fight this somehow, cant let them get away with it

Quack
11-04-2004, 12:32 AM
there must be a number of maximum hours you can park there as well, maybe you past the limit & that's why they gave you another ticket

BMWF1
11-04-2004, 12:35 AM
theres no law, i got 3 in a 12 hour time period period

Eurostyle
11-04-2004, 12:50 AM
You are lucky to get away with tickets! They towed my old Subaru away for one weeked...I way too *drink* to move it! On monday it was gone! I just gave it to my friend and he payed the impound fees...

E46
11-04-2004, 02:25 AM
sorry to jack ur thread but i have a question...

if i forget to pay the ticket for a month and i wanted to pay it do i still check the box that says "within 15 days" and send it back to them? thanks

Alezone
11-04-2004, 05:51 AM
^^^give it a shot :D or try paying the set fine (within 7 days) haha

Quack
11-04-2004, 08:43 AM
you can pay parking tickets almost anytime, you just have to do it before you renew your licence sticker for you plates, I see many tickets in customers cars dated many months ago like a whole stack of them, they don't pay because they are to busy so they wait until they have too much to fit into the glove box :D

Gamite
11-04-2004, 08:51 AM
ahem, I'm the king of parking tickets.. :( I probably have like 6 sitting on the system waiting for me to renew my lisence.

SebSter
11-04-2004, 11:16 AM
.. :(

1BADRIDE
11-04-2004, 12:01 PM
When I was in high school, I used to run one of the stores our family owned nearby.

I got a parking ticket written up WHILE I was running to my car after school. I yelled out to the guy, but he continued to open up his book AFTER making eye contact with me and he wrote up the ticket. As I stood there. I told him that he was an asshole and that what goes around, comes around. He then went into "are you threatening me?" I said no and I shut the hell up. Almost every car on the street had a ticket, including at least 3 or 4 of my friends' cars.

Not 30 mins later, he showed up at my store. He didn't look at me, just walked to the back, picked up a self-serve coffee, and came to the front and put 50 cents on the counter as he sipped it.

I told him the coffee was $40.00.

He looked up and said "you can't do that". I slapped the ticket on the counter and said PAY FOR THE COFFEE or I'm calling the police mother****er and pointed at the camera recording him.

I ended up locking the doors and calling the police. My parking ticket was $15. He ended up paying the $40.00 because when I called the police, they said he would be arrested and charged with theft. They advised him to pay, and he did.

I had at LEAST 10 of my school friends in the store playing video games and laughing and making fun of the guy during the whole ordeal. On his way out, someone threw a slushie at him (blue of all colors). I didn't condone that action, but I "lost" the tape when he called the police, so nothing could be done. He tried to sue us, but lost that too... hahah

Just pay the tickets and be done with it.

The Parking Authority says the GUIDELINE is 1 hour to remedy the situation before you receive another ticket (Markham anyways). I got a ticket for leaving my car on the street in front of my house one night by accident.

chromius
11-04-2004, 12:34 PM
OMFG^^^thats hilarious...I would have payed to see that. Nice work! :D

Null
11-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Damn, Canada sucks, you can't park in front of your own damn house without getting a ticket?!

1BADRIDE
11-04-2004, 01:13 PM
You can't park on the street without a permit unless it is marked that you can park overnight. (depends on which province too)

Null
11-04-2004, 01:27 PM
That's dumb..you can park anywhere here almost as long as there isn't a no parling sign around.

1BADRIDE
11-04-2004, 01:32 PM
I think it's done here to keep the roads clear for salt/sand trucks and snow plows. In the spring/summer/fall, it's for the street sweepers.

Mystikal
11-04-2004, 01:45 PM
Yeah, the limit on any non-posted street is 3 hours.

Paul540/m3
11-04-2004, 02:20 PM
Rahul, that is ****in hilarious :D

bmwm5lover
11-04-2004, 02:58 PM
i still have a few that need to be payed

Gullwing
11-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Hahahaha this is frigging hilarious...reading this made my day..i'll share my story although my revenge was not as severe. I used to work as a courier delivery driver using my beater mazda ( still have the car ), long story short, courier drivers can have their tickets cancelled at parking authority and my car was well marked and had the radio antenna on and I even left my waybills on the front dash.... but after the delivery the guy left me a ticket anyways , and he was still nearby, i drove up to him and i yelled to him with the ticket in my hand and asked him why did he do it anyways ? but the facker simply turned his back to me ....so i crumple the ticket and i throw it right at him , it hit him right in the back of the neck ! loooool
then i drive away AS SLOW as possible lol and I see him picking up the ticket. They eneded up mailing it to me and i paid it ...but man it was worth it.

M3speed
11-04-2004, 05:48 PM
When I was in high school, I used to run one of the stores our family owned nearby.

I got a parking ticket written up WHILE I was running to my car after school. I yelled out to the guy, but he continued to open up his book AFTER making eye contact with me and he wrote up the ticket. As I stood there. I told him that he was an asshole and that what goes around, comes around. He then went into "are you threatening me?" I said no and I shut the hell up. Almost every car on the street had a ticket, including at least 3 or 4 of my friends' cars.

Not 30 mins later, he showed up at my store. He didn't look at me, just walked to the back, picked up a self-serve coffee, and came to the front and put 50 cents on the counter as he sipped it.

I told him the coffee was $40.00.

He looked up and said "you can't do that". I slapped the ticket on the counter and said PAY FOR THE COFFEE or I'm calling the police mother****er and pointed at the camera recording him.

I ended up locking the doors and calling the police. My parking ticket was $15. He ended up paying the $40.00 because when I called the police, they said he would be arrested and charged with theft. They advised him to pay, and he did.

I had at LEAST 10 of my school friends in the store playing video games and laughing and making fun of the guy during the whole ordeal. On his way out, someone threw a slushie at him (blue of all colors). I didn't condone that action, but I "lost" the tape when he called the police, so nothing could be done. He tried to sue us, but lost that too... hahah

Just pay the tickets and be done with it.

The Parking Authority says the GUIDELINE is 1 hour to remedy the situation before you receive another ticket (Markham anyways). I got a ticket for leaving my car on the street in front of my house one night by accident.

don't believe your story one bit! after the slushie was thrown at him, the cops wouldn't need to see "the tape" in order to have proof.. the blue slushie all over the parking guy would be sufficient! but whatever

M3speed
11-04-2004, 05:52 PM
I got 2 parking tickets being parked on the same road in one day. I parked there in the morning, got a ticket at 11:45am, and another ticket at 6pm. Isnt the law that you cant get more than one ticket in the same place within 24 hours?

k here's the deal with your question

in Toronto, you can get more than 1 parking ticket in a 24hr period in the same spot, as long as you are committing more than 1 offence

example:

You are parked on a permit street without a permit = 1 ticket
Then your tire is chalked for 3 hours, you are there for 3 hours = 2nd ticket
You are parked too close to a fire hydrant or too far from the curb etc... = 3rd ticket

etc etc

coolhand
11-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Your own fault you didn't park in a proper spot.