PDA

View Full Version : Safety Question?? 1990 535i

Guelphguy
11-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Ok, on Saturday I just picked up my 1990 BMW 535i, some of you may have seen my other posts...when I was looking at it on the hoist, all looked ok underneath other than the exhause had some rot on the shields which I somewhat expected but it is still sealed everywhere and strangely, even though it had been rust proofed regularly, the seems of the gas tank had rust but still seemed solid. So this car was a private sale, of which I mostly dealt with the guys mechanic as they are neighbours and the mechanic had the car at his shop.
This is Mita's shop on Kennedy/Danforth...
Customers standing around talked highly of this guy, anyway, I get the car home...today I fill the car up and drive home, pull into my garage I smell gas right away, grab my flash light, look and see gas leaking from the back right corner of the tank...there is a pretty good puddle out there now....
FUK...now what, he just safetied it last week, I called him and he said it looked fine at time of safety but he is not responsible for the tank as there were no signs of leaking at the time??
What should I do?

T.Dot_E30
11-02-2004, 06:20 PM
Contact the ministry, you will see how fast he fixes the problem.

He can get his license taken away.