PDA

View Full Version : E30 M3 Caught Fire

EuroSpectacle
11-01-2004, 12:06 PM
Hey guys, sad sad sad day... Saturday night just getting ready to go out, and i stopped to get gas... parked between the pump and the door. I filled up and was standing in line to pay, and i see smoke coming out of my trunk, im like wtf, so i moved the car away from the pumps, then sprinted back to esso and stole 3 4L jugs of water, well walked in and took them im pretty sure the guy at the counter would have rathered me stealing the water than blowing up the entire gas station...

so in the end, I need to find the problem(Cause), I need new paint on the rear quarter, new battery(old one is like half the size), New battery cover, new trunk wall panel, newrear carpet, new battery cables, new trunk, new spoiler, new tool holder... Cars ****ed man...

I have no clue what the cause is or could have been. i dont have pics at the moment. but ill get them.. this sucks... It was a CT battery, with road hazzard and a warrenty , i wonder if those bastards will buy me a new trunk

punnzzells
11-01-2004, 12:19 PM
How about yout give me the E30 m3 at a nice price and then you will have no headaches?

:D

too bad!

Mike.

Eurostyle
11-01-2004, 12:26 PM
I have some of the parts; tool holder, cables, carpet etc...

EuroSpectacle
11-01-2004, 12:31 PM
good to know, were gonna see how much insurance covers than ill probably send out some pm's .... What sucks is that the car is supposed to be sold...

Gamite
11-01-2004, 12:39 PM
damn that sucks bro, at least u were out of the car and had water handy.

E36er
11-01-2004, 12:46 PM
damn man..that sucks...hope you find the problem

jmax325
11-01-2004, 12:51 PM
i have heard of batteries catching fire or exploding. could be a crappy battery??

Paul540/m3
11-01-2004, 02:04 PM
damn man that hurts
hope everythign turns out ok

qimis
11-01-2004, 02:17 PM
cell phone possibly ?

EuroSpectacle
11-01-2004, 03:11 PM
naw not the celly, celly was under my seat(tends to do that in an e30)

The thing is its a brand new batter as in bought like 2 weeks ago. And why I got the new battery.

The old one i had.. cross polarized or whatever.. cause the + to become - and - to +...
when this happened and we tried to boost it.. the battery started smoking... so I was just like **** that im not getting a battery to blow up in my face... (to hot to be disfigured) so i bought a new one.. and im figuring that it happend again.. but how...

wierd thing about all this is i have half a battery and the car still runs... some wierd shit im not going to start it, but i know it runs...

SickFinga
11-01-2004, 03:28 PM
where is the most of the damage? looks like in the area of the battery, so it was prolly something with it.

Boris The Blade
11-01-2004, 03:53 PM
When you crossed it at the time of boost, you probably F*cked your alternator. that may be it. you're lucky you didnt fry all your electrical.

check the alternator, have someone do a test to see how many volts is coming out of it.

jeremy
11-01-2004, 03:58 PM
cell phone possibly ?

"myth busters" busted that theory...

i'll give you 1,000.00 bux for the m3...you can keep the motor too...

EuroSpectacle
11-01-2004, 05:07 PM
^hahhaa... ill give you a 5 dollar bill for your shell then but you can only keep a toonie

King Luis
11-01-2004, 05:12 PM
"myth busters" busted that theory...

i'll give you 1,000.00 bux for the m3...you can keep the motor too...
i saw that too...they busted it twice.

could of been the battery..maybe one of the connectors sparked some how.

jeremy
11-01-2004, 05:42 PM
^hahhaa... ill give you a 5 dollar bill for your shell then but you can only keep a toonie

you can have my shell for your shell :D ...i'll even throw in a beer or two :D

punnzzells
11-01-2004, 05:57 PM
Jeremy,

I need that black trim around the windows from your shell... when can I pick it up?

I bet something is rattling around in the trunk, like a screw or nail and is hitting the battery with the body or something to cuase a spark... is your ground hooked up on the hood?

jeremy
11-01-2004, 06:33 PM
i gotta get the car to my shop or something...i need to sell the stupid motor :(

E36er
11-01-2004, 08:18 PM
naw not the celly, celly was under my seat(tends to do that in an e30)

you notice that too eh!.. i always here my Cell ringing..and its ALWAYS under the seat..no mater where i put it in the car

Antz_Marchin
11-01-2004, 09:08 PM
Hey man sorry to hear the bad news, but what the hell are you doing putting a P.O.S. CanTire battery in a freaking M3?? Secondly, most of those batteries fit into the trunk holder reaching the cables no problem but they way that they fit is usually in the opposite pole position which is how they are made to fit in domestics. I bought a CT battery for my 88 325i and the first on that the guy gave me was the same size/shape as the one already in the car. When I went to install it, I noticed that the poles were opposite in these batteries and the cables wouldn't reach if I turned the battery around (looks perfect in every other way). That would cause one bad fire if you hooked it up...........then again not sure if the car would work at all. Did it spark heavily when you connected the battery???

EuroSpectacle
11-02-2004, 10:30 AM
naw man... its the right battery for the car, a battery is a battery . Im not spending 200 on an optima or whatever there called, cause all my friends that have them dont like them.
So its all good..

ct battery's just happen to have the best warrenty's and with my luck with batteries road hazzard is very useful/

SkycityBMW
11-02-2004, 12:25 PM
Sorry to hear about the M3 . . . . EuroSpectacle . . . .

Damn . . .