PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with my car?

\/\/eapon
10-30-2004, 06:10 PM
Its been into the dealership numerous times and they cant figure out whats wrong with it.
Down shifting from fifth to fourth or from fourth to third under high revs the engine light comes on and there is a total loss of power. The car is not firing on all six cylinders. The car must be turned off and then on again and the power is restored.
The dealership thought it was a software problem and removed the dinan software and replaced it with stock '04 software but it did nothing.

Any ideas?

SpudBoy
10-30-2004, 06:16 PM
I'd replace the stock chip... and take it from there. These beasts are complicated :confused:

T.Dot_E30
10-30-2004, 06:21 PM
so ur sayin ur at high revs in 5th, and u wanna downshift to 4th?

is it possibly bcus downshifting at the high revs would cause the car to overrev and cause internal damage?

takeshi
10-30-2004, 06:37 PM

is it possibly bcus downshifting at the high revs would cause the car to overrev and cause internal damage?

.......... i dont' think that's his problem.

\/\/eapon
10-30-2004, 06:43 PM

...no, in fifth its at about 3000 rpm and the shift into fourth is at 5000.

chromius
11-02-2004, 08:01 PM
just a thought, but maybe a pluged up Cat converter, causing too much back pressure at higher revs, cuz that will cause a stumble and loss of power.