PDA

View Full Version : Critique This. (Pics of My Ride!)

sjinto
07-22-2002, 02:39 PM
so what do think? ....

i'm still considering a few things:

1 - i have to repaint the entire car (b/c some rusting and deep scratches) - i think i'll do it the same colour again

2 - change the wing to the m3 style - not sure if it'll be worth it though - i kinda like this small spoiler

3 - get some m3 mirrors (no brainer)

after that i think i'll be done!

:D

sjinto
07-22-2002, 02:40 PM

sjinto
07-22-2002, 02:45 PM

MP328
07-22-2002, 03:01 PM
looks pretty good. *th-up*

i don't see on the picture the need of repainting it but i guess u know what ur talking about with the scratches.

another thing to consider is lowering it. i have the same gap in the front between the tire and the fender and i hate it. i can stick my whole foot in there.

WASABI
07-22-2002, 03:05 PM
Looks clean ! *th-up* Gotta lower it though ... :D What exhaust?

Gamite
07-22-2002, 03:25 PM
Slamming it will give it a very nice agressive look.

You can get Replica M3 spoilers, almost everyone gets one because they look almost identical and its 3 times cheaper. I think around $100 CAD.

Someone was selling Carbon Fibre Mirrors in the For Sale section. I think they're still there.

sjinto
07-22-2002, 03:25 PM
Supersprint exhaust...one of the best mods i've done...i would highly recommend it to those looking for deep sound without worrying about waking up the neighbourhood at night

Jon@Bimmersport
07-22-2002, 03:33 PM
i say slam it! that is a must...maybe angel eyes...

DaveM3
07-22-2002, 03:40 PM
Hmm what's there to critique?? It's a nice car ! :D

Do 1-2-3
and..

4. Lower the car!
while you're at it
5. Muffler

:D :D

Gamite
07-22-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
i say slam it! that is a must...maybe angel eyes...

Angel eyes? Maybe you should ask vlad what he thinks of his angel eyes. ("Waste of money")

Your better off getting the euro elipsoids. It takes a LOT of work to get the rings glowing bright.

Dave M3, he already has a supersprint. :rolleyes:

Jon@Bimmersport
07-22-2002, 04:21 PM
waste of money? why? do it when u have nothing left to do to ur car....esp with bottom and top eyelids the angel eyes add a nice look to the car, he has black...so if he put blue or red L.E.D bulbs in there it wud look AWESOME! well thats on the list for my e36 if i get 1...its up to him. but some people think they are a waste of money becuz the light doesnt go all around the ring, u jus need to adjust the bulb.

Gamite
07-22-2002, 04:31 PM
waste of money? why? do it when u have nothing left to do to ur car....esp with bottom and top eyelids the angel eyes add a nice look to the car, he has black...so if he put blue or red L.E.D bulbs in there it wud look AWESOME! well thats on the list for my e36 if i get 1...its up to him. but some people think they are a waste of money becuz the light doesnt go all around the ring, u jus need to adjust the bulb.

Simple, the rings simply arent bright enough. They're not close to what the e39 has. Do you know what you can buy for $650? Its not just the LED, you have to shave the rings so they catch more light. To do that, you have to open the entire housing up and shave each line in the ring A LOT of work.

sjinto can buy a lot before he has nothing else to do.

SickFinga
07-22-2002, 04:44 PM
yes they are waste of money. I think angel eyes, should be you last mod you do to your car. Like when there is nothing to do and you got money, buy it.
DO NOT BUY INPRO!!!! It's a waste
If you want euro lights get your self a real euroheadlights, it will make a cleaner look, nothing else.

Julian new demon eye (DDE) a re even brighter then on 5 series:) But this kit EURO HEADLIGHTS + DDE + XENON cost like 1200USD

Jon@Bimmersport
07-22-2002, 04:57 PM
thats wat i meant, when he has nothing left...then get the angel eyes...

Jon@Bimmersport
07-22-2002, 05:42 PM
UUC Motorwerks and ECIS have good angel eyes directly off an e39 to fit e36. or is that wat they all say?

bimmersport
07-22-2002, 08:49 PM
thats wat i meant, when he has nothing left...then get the angel eyes...

How do you know when you have nothing left to do? There are tonnes of things you could do before putting angel eyes on. Even Randy could do a lot before he would do something like that. Thats just an example. I'm sure sjinto could get a lot of better things for $600.

SickFinga
07-22-2002, 08:53 PM
WASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WASABI
07-22-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by sjinto
Supersprint exhaust...one of the best mods i've done...i would highly recommend it to those looking for deep sound without worrying about waking up the neighbourhood at night

Nice Exhaust ... I've always been a fan of supersprint ... but I'm still not sure if I want one (an exhaust). Hardly any peformance gains ... how do you like it? I like those rims too.*th-up* :cool:

sjinto
07-22-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by saj328

Nice Exhaust ... I've always been a fan of supersprint ... but I'm still not sure if I want one (an exhaust). Hardly any peformance gains ... how do you like it? I like those rims too.*th-up* :cool:

you're right about the performance gains but trust me, when you get a SS exhaust the feel of your car changes...i did the exhaust about the same time i did my ECIS heat sheild - the combination resulted in a sweet sound*mw*

i'd reconsider - it seems like your car has reached the stage where it's now "missing" an exhaust - just like my car "needs" to be lowered:D

i wish it were that easy*smoke*

Gamite
07-22-2002, 10:27 PM
sjinto, I think that your car is just missing being lowered. The car will look mint with that done!

UUC Motorwerks and ECIS have good angel eyes directly off an e39 to fit e36. or is that wat they all say?

I believe they sell Demon eyes, if you wanna spend $2000 CAD on lights, be my guest.

GR8 Ride
07-22-2002, 11:05 PM
I'd have to agree with that. I've looked at some of the angel eye / demon eye kits for the E36 (I already have Euro ellipsoids...), and none of them were really worth the money.

Yes, for $2000 you do get a full set of HID-ARCs, plus the Euro lenses and angel eyes, but $2000 for lighting is pretty steep, especially since I already have everything except the angel eyes. (That, and the fact that there isn't much more to *do* to my car....).

Really, I'd suggest a good suspension. Bilstein sport shocks with a set of H&R Race springs, or perhaps H&R Sports if you want a slightly softer ride.

The other good idea is the H&R Coilover kit. Works well for the E36; excellent combo of street and track performance, and we've seen quite a bit of success with it on E36 M3s.

A decent suspension upgrade (including sways) will run about $2000 (shocks, springs, sways, mounting hardware). Coilovers will run quite a bit more, plus the sways.

Pat

1BADBMR
07-23-2002, 02:30 AM
Looking good*th-up* I suggest changing your springs though. H&R springs comes highly recommended. It will make your car look alot more appealing with your rims and your handling will imporve

DaveM3
07-23-2002, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Gamite

Angel eyes? Maybe you should ask vlad what he thinks of his angel eyes. ("Waste of money")

Your better off getting the euro elipsoids. It takes a LOT of work to get the rings glowing bright.

Dave M3, he already has a supersprint. :rolleyes:

oops didnt see that post.. O well scratch # 5 :D

sjinto
07-23-2002, 10:39 AM
thanks for all input - BTW, angel eyes are not even a consideration at this point but thanks anyways*th-up*

well, it seems like there is a clear consensus that i need to change my suspension....this is something i've been grappling with for a while...

now i know most of you are from T.O. right? what the hell do you guys do in the winter? i mean i have to drive my car all year round and i couldn't justify buying a winter beater (it just doesn't make sense to me)

what do you guys do?

drop it and snowplow in the winter?...or maybe it's really not that bad afterall:(

Razkal
07-23-2002, 10:59 AM
Hey there,

I drive mine in the winter and I have no problems. At the end of the day, you have to realize that you have a lowered car and just drive a little more carefully. It's not as bad as some may think.

sjinto
07-23-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Razkal 320i
Hey there,

I drive mine in the winter and I have no problems. At the end of the day, you have to realize that you have a lowered car and just drive a little more carefully. It's not as bad as some may think.

how much did you lower it and what exactly did you replace?

sjinto*wave*

GladdoM3
07-23-2002, 01:31 PM
beautiful car d00d :D *th-up*

I say some angel eyes would make it look complete !
Looking forward to meeting you @ the next cruize ~!

Jon@Bimmersport
07-23-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by GladdoM3
beautiful car d00d :D *th-up*

I say some angel eyes would make it look complete !
Looking forward to meeting you @ the next cruize ~!

there we go! finally.....but charlie i didnt say i know when hes done, i think he shud take it into consideration once the exterior is all done. :)

Gamite
07-23-2002, 03:03 PM

there we go! finally.....but charlie i didnt say i know when hes done, i think he shud take it into consideration once the exterior is all done. :)

Once the exterior mods are done, there are lots of engine mods you could do for $2000.

Jon@Bimmersport
07-23-2002, 04:44 PM
so what do think? ....

i'm still considering a few things:

1 - i have to repaint the entire car (b/c some rusting and deep scratches) - i think i'll do it the same colour again

2 - change the wing to the m3 style - not sure if it'll be worth it though - i kinda like this small spoiler

3 - get some m3 mirrors (no brainer)

after that i think i'll be done!

:D

julian i dont really see any plans for $2000 worth of engine work......so he says he thinks he'll be done....i jus added he shud add the angel eyes...i know he can do other stuff but i think he is jus doing wat he listed, and then the lowering and like he said, he'll be done. but i still think he shud add the angel eyes...(its only an opinion!!!)

Gamite
07-23-2002, 07:34 PM
He can get coilovers for a little over $2000 and that would be way more worth it.

You dont get it, for $2000 you can get a lot more things than just silly rings that go around your headlights. Honestly I think angel eyes are a fad thats going to wear out sooner or later.

Dont get me wrong, I think they look amazing for anyone who has it. But for me I'd just spend it on something else.

Jon@Bimmersport
07-23-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Gamite
He can get coilovers for a little over $2000 and that would be way more worth it.

You dont get it, for $2000 you can get a lot more things than just silly rings that go around your headlights. Honestly I think angel eyes are a fad thats going to wear out sooner or later.

Dont get me wrong, I think they look amazing for anyone who has it. But for me I'd just spend it on something else.

k ur right i dont get it....wat i dont get is why do u keep telling me wat else he can get!!! :mad: its getting annoying...all i said was that he shud consider it! its his choice...i know u can get better stuff than silly rings that go around ur headlights...u think i dont know this stuff or wat?

Gamite
07-24-2002, 01:28 AM

k ur right i dont get it....wat i dont get is why do u keep telling me wat else he can get!!! :mad: its getting annoying...all i said was that he shud consider it! its his choice...i know u can get better stuff than silly rings that go around ur headlights...u think i dont know this stuff or wat?

Do you know what else he can get for $2000??? HuH? Do ya?? :D

J/P bro, but u do realize is a hell of a waste of money.

Jon@Bimmersport
07-24-2002, 01:54 AM
yea i understand that....but it looks SICK AS HELL! imo the add as much as say an m3 kit to a 3series....i love the way it looks when its on, or even if its off and u can see the rings....plus depending on colour of the exterior and colour of the rings it can look so awesome for show cars and even on the street.

btw these r legal on canadian roads right? saj328 was tellin me u can get ticketed for having non oem parts for ur car.

SickFinga
07-24-2002, 02:52 AM
no you can't get a ticket.
since BMW brought euro m3 in canada, they had euro light and they are legal. but in us you can get a ticket for euro headlights, not for the rings.

BTW you can install OEM ring, but it is mad $$$$$$$$$$$$

WASABI
07-24-2002, 06:29 PM
saj328 was tellin me u can get ticketed for having non oem parts for ur car.

This was a general comment. It doesn't count if you put like Brembo rotors versus BMW ones. Know what I mean? Just wanted to clear that.

Once, I got pulled over for the xenon lights (no ticket though), the officer said that they looked blue, I asked him about Audi and Benz, about their HID looking purple, he said that's OK cuz it was factory installed, he later then said they review all car's OEM specs, and for example know that civics don't come with HID's.

But I think it varies from cop to cop ... some are Ok ... and some ... well ya know.

Jon@Bimmersport
07-24-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by saj328

This was a general comment. It doesn't count if you put like Brembo rotors versus BMW ones. Know what I mean? Just wanted to clear that.

Once, I got pulled over for the xenon lights (no ticket though), the officer said that they looked blue, I asked him about Audi and Benz, about their HID looking purple, he said that's OK cuz it was factory installed, he later then said they review all car's OEM specs, and for example know that civics don't come with HID's.

But I think it varies from cop to cop ... some are Ok ... and some ... well ya know.

ohhhh i c.....yea some cops r real dicks...some are easy...depends on car and mods too...like if have an exhaust the size of square 1 then he will obviously go hard on you. thats stupid that they wud go hard on you becuz u have HIDs in a civic....HIDs are safer..making the driver have a lil more safer ride.

Jon@Bimmersport
07-25-2002, 12:53 AM
hey sjinto...are u the guy on dtmpower who got into an accident???? i saw a car exactly like urs on there...

1BADBMR
07-25-2002, 01:08 AM
thanks for all input - BTW, angel eyes are not even a consideration at this point but thanks anyways*th-up*

well, it seems like there is a clear consensus that i need to change my suspension....this is something i've been grappling with for a while...

now i know most of you are from T.O. right? what the hell do you guys do in the winter? i mean i have to drive my car all year round and i couldn't justify buying a winter beater (it just doesn't make sense to me)

what do you guys do?

drop it and snowplow in the winter?...or maybe it's really not that bad afterall:(

I drive my bimmer all year round. (It's crazy having a rear-wheel drive car in the snow) but I didn't want to drive a dropped car in the winter, so I invested in some coilovers. When the first snow fall comes I put on my stock 15''rims which have winter tires and raise it up all the way up. If u don't have the money for coilovers you still can drive your car around dropped, but you have to drive carefully. PS watch out for those crazy snow storm

sjinto
07-25-2002, 08:37 AM
hey sjinto...are u the guy on dtmpower who got into an accident???? i saw a car exactly like urs on there...

nope that's not me but i'm sure there's tons of E36' just like mine :rolleyes:

sjinto
07-25-2002, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by 1BADBMR

I drive my bimmer all year round. (It's crazy having a rear-wheel drive car in the snow) but I didn't want to drive a dropped car in the winter, so I invested in some coilovers. When the first snow fall comes I put on my stock 15''rims which have winter tires and raise it up all the way up. If u don't have the money for coilovers you still can drive your car around dropped, but you have to drive carefully. PS watch out for those crazy snow storm

coilovers eh?:idea: ...i'll have to look into that...what did you actually get and approx. how much did it cost (installed)

thanks bro*th-up*

The Due
07-30-2002, 05:30 PM
IMO, slam it, spend the rest on the engine.
But there are angel eye kits that look amazing. Check out this installed DDE kit (Ellipsiods + DDE Kit) And this is not my car but I wish it was....

Jon@Bimmersport
07-30-2002, 07:49 PM
if u installed the OEM rings from a e39...will it be as bright as the e39's?

SickFinga
07-30-2002, 08:38 PM
if u installed the OEM rings from a e39...will it be as bright as the e39's?

if u take a light bulb that u use in your washroom and use it in you bedroom would it be as bright?

Jon@Bimmersport
07-30-2002, 08:43 PM
so then the e39 rings will be the same brightness in the e36?? i c...

and why'd u have to use that? why cudnt u jus say yes! dumb it down a lil here...:rolleyes:

SickFinga
07-30-2002, 08:46 PM
I wanted, but I remembered Bruce said he doesn't like one word posts :D

Jon@Bimmersport
07-31-2002, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by SickFinga
I wanted, but I remembered Bruce said he doesn't like one word posts :D

bruce says a lot of things *angel*

Gamite
07-31-2002, 02:11 AM
word