PDA

View Full Version : DDE stand out more in ZWK

E36Fanatic
10-25-2004, 02:17 PM
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270884

its a great DIY and a great idea. thought id share it with you all

jotti
10-25-2004, 03:06 PM
Looks really good but i'm not too sure about the whole tape thing..

Justin e36
10-25-2004, 03:33 PM
not really sure.. what exactly did he do?... just changed the light scatter on the lowbeams?... what about the candlelight in the highbeams?

jotti
10-25-2004, 05:19 PM
What he did was delete light coming out inbetween the "yolk" and the angel eye. That way you can tell there is an angel eye on their otherwise it all just blends in. :)

thinair
10-25-2004, 08:06 PM
not really sure.. what exactly did he do?... just changed the light scatter on the lowbeams?... what about the candlelight in the highbeams?

Normally some light comes around the projector lens. With the tape there not allowing the light to go back, all you see is the projecter itself, not the light around it. Notice the black space between the halo and the projector ball.

Justin e36
10-26-2004, 04:31 AM
yup.. I see it now. Not a bad idea actually... maybe I'll try it. Usually I only drive w/ my foglights + angels on. My lowbeams + candle light in the high beam lens wash out my angels pretty bad too... I was thinking of just silver-coating the back of the angel eye rings so the light won't pass in from the back... I dunno.