PDA

View Full Version : E30/E36/E46 aluminum rear shock mount kit

ClayMan
10-23-2004, 12:35 AM
Better than OEM - everything you need to replace the rear shock mounts. After putting these in, you should never have to change them again.

What's included:
-2x (1 pair) aluminum rear shock mounts, with replceable urethane bushings. The mounts and the bushings inside have been used for ~30,000km. They are in good condition, except for the minor dirt marks that can be expected. See for yourself in the pics.
-2x (1 pair) EXTRA urethane bushings, little to no wear
-2x (1 pair) OEM Z3 reinforcement plates, brand new
-2x (1 pair) OEM gaskets, brand new
-4x (2 pairs) OEM nylock nuts, brand new

Attached is a pic of everything. I'm not sure what brand these RSMs are, but they're pretty much the same design as the JTD billet RSMs and BMPD ones:
http://www.bmpdesign.com/product-exec/product_id/754/category_id/57
http://www.m3motorwerks.com/products/description.php?II=96

$125 takes everything. PM/E-mail me if you have any questions.

Miguel
10-23-2004, 08:32 AM
what make are these? ground control?

ClayMan
10-23-2004, 11:19 AM
The previous owner said they are an former revision of JTD's billet aluminum mount. (See the pictures and the links and compare for yourself, they all look pretty much the same)

what make are these? ground control?

ClayMan
10-25-2004, 11:27 AM
bump

Miguel
10-25-2004, 11:34 AM
hmmm... I wonder how these stack up against ground control? JTD has a great reputation in the racing parts industry.

ClayMan
10-25-2004, 11:43 AM
I'd say that with either, you'd never have to rip out your rear carpet to check them ever again.

But do a search around... (these forums and others too) GC, BMPD, JTD and RE are the names always being thrown around in RSM discussions.

hmmm... I wonder how these stack up against ground control? JTD has a great reputation in the racing parts industry.

Miguel
10-25-2004, 12:03 PM
So with these you would not have to rip out your suspension to change the bushings? do these ride harsher than stock?

ClayMan
10-25-2004, 12:06 PM
I can't give you a sure answer because I haven't tried that for myself. But if you wanted me to make an educated guess, it looks like changing bushings is limited to loosening the strut nut, slipping the bushings out of the mount and then putting the new ones in, reassemble.

So with these you would not have to rip out your suspension to change the bushings? do these ride harsher than stock?

ClayMan
11-14-2004, 09:29 PM
Bump! Lowered price, $100! Don't let those shocks rip through your towers... Get these stronger mounts now!

ClayMan
11-29-2004, 05:31 PM
ttt