PDA

View Full Version : Please Read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

bmwstyles
10-21-2004, 07:47 PM
ok now that i have your attention! hehe j/k
anyways heres my problem
i installed a CAI in my 04 m3!
i didn't notice this yesterday unless it wasn't doin it but, today i noticed that my car was hesitating throught 4 - 6 gear, probly all of gears but couldn't notice, anyways is my cars computer learning that it has more air coming in and isn't use to it yet?
has anyone else had this problem after installing a cai?
its a carbonio carbon fibre intake!
should i be checking anything inparticular on my intall, just to see if i installed it wrong or soething is missing
thanx for the input guys!!
caio

Bliss
10-21-2004, 08:23 PM
Is the mass air flow sensor plugged in? You sure it wasnt doing this prior to the install. Never heard of this before unless its a faulty sensor? I know i once unplugged mine on my E36,and the car would just not run at all, so not sure myself.

bmwstyles
10-22-2004, 06:11 PM
well i found out what the problem was!!
the actual intake had nothing to do with it!!
so everything is fixed, the intake is perfect
no flaws to it!!!

SkycityBMW
10-22-2004, 06:14 PM
well . . . . what was the problem ? ?

jmalixi
10-22-2004, 06:31 PM
You have to share... you can't just ask a question, figure out the problem and then leave. C'mon, man.. spill it *th-up*

bmwstyles
10-22-2004, 08:47 PM
the instuctions that came with the intake were prior to some kind of change that bmw made on the way the air enters through the air box and the way the air flows thorugh the sensor!
so the instuctions i had didn't have 3 steps on the piece i have to take out of my stock intake to put in the carbonio intake, which is the plactic/metel mesh!
i called carbonio and rob told me what was goin on!
the box came with a extra piece thaT was suppose to hold the mesh to the actuall intake, but since the instuctions didn't have those 3 steps, i didn't know what to do with it! after i installed that piece, i took the car out for a rip and it wasn't doin it no more.
im very happy with the intake, nothing to worry about, the one thing i was scared about when i was thinking of buying a cai was the stalling problems that u hear about with groupe m and dinan, carbonio doesn't have that problem, so if your interested in buying a cai for your e46 m3, go with carbonio!
one more thing to add......
the car it self is about 5 % louder then stock which is nothing, but 100% more reponsive then stock . im very happy with my purchase
now 2 things make me happy when i pop the hood, the M motor and the carbon fibre intake!!!