PDA

View Full Version : ***ibm Thinkpad T40***$1400***

MTECH3
10-20-2004, 11:30 PM
-Pentium Centrino Technology
-Pentium Centrino 1.4mhz processor (for people not familiar with laptops don't let the low clock speed fool u ... Pentium Centrino is just as fast as Pentium 4 processor with much higher clock speed plus much longer battery life)
-512 DDRMRAM
-build in wireless
-25GB harddriver
-DVD/CD-RW disc drive
-1" thin just over 4 pounds

u can check out cnet.com for reviews ... one of the best laptop in its class ... price is firm and includes everything that came with the latop when new (ac adaptor, CD, etc ...) ... i will also include a targus carrying case with air pads protection system ($129 value)

Bill Gates
10-21-2004, 03:11 AM
-Pentium Centrino Technology
-Pentium Centrino 1.4mhz processor (for people not familiar with laptops don't let the low clock speed fool u ... Pentium Centrino is just as fast as Pentium 4 processor with much higher clock speed plus much longer battery life)
-512 DDRMRAM
-build in wireless
-25GB harddriver
-DVD/CD-RW disc drive
-1" thin just over 4 pounds

u can check out cnet.com for reviews ... one of the best laptop in its class ... price is firm and includes everything that came with the latop when new (ac adaptor, CD, etc ...) ... i will also include a targus carrying case with air pads protection system ($129 value)

free bump for a nice notebook. *th-up* i have the T42 and its very similar. nice and light, yet powerful.

Big Chin
10-21-2004, 11:40 AM
I'm running the same notebook no complaints about it yet.. I love it though perfect for school or work.. Bumps

1BADRIDE
10-21-2004, 03:22 PM
Nice notebook, decent price.

One thing is incorrect though - the centrino processor is comparable to an upclocked Pentium III and isn't really comparable to a P4 in real working environments.

Bump for a good machine @ a fair price!

Bill Gates
10-21-2004, 11:35 PM
Nice notebook, decent price.

One thing is incorrect though - the centrino processor is comparable to an upclocked Pentium III and isn't really comparable to a P4 in real working environments.

Bump for a good machine @ a fair price!

I think MTECH3 meant that a Pentium M Centrino will outperform a Pentium 4-M.

eg. a Pentium M 1.6GHz has better performance than a higher clocked Pentium 4-M 2.2GHz. mainly because the Pentium M has a 1 MB L2 Cache vs. Pentium 4-M's 512KB. also, the Pentium M is more efficient because it can predict what the next task will be which reduces the clock cycles making it more efficient.

Centrino is just a framework that Intel has come up with. it must comprise of three components to be branded as "Centrino" (Intel Pentium M processor, Intel 855 Chipset, and Intel PRO/Wireless network).

Bill Gates
10-28-2004, 03:31 PM
MTECH3, is the notebook still for sale? check pm. Thanks.