PDA

View Full Version : oem kit fitment?

Jase
10-19-2004, 11:30 PM
Well most have seen my ride. well i am not happy with some of the fitment. the front and rear are nice the sides have waves on the upper bodylines and do not line up front to rear. i was wondering. How much harder it would be for me to buy the oem sides and have the bottoms of my kit cut off. As for the upper body line it will have to be repaired. it would be harder to take it off and replace then make it straight. If the lowers are Oem could they be cut and fitted to the older lower of my arches?
just looking for some ideas
Jase

qimis
10-19-2004, 11:57 PM
i'll take the lower side pieces if you're thinking to chop them off. :)

1BADRIDE
10-20-2004, 09:03 AM
No luck with finding a body shop? Send me a pm if you want to try to get it fixed. I know of two shops that are capable of repairing your install.

Jase
10-20-2004, 06:50 PM
I took it by a few shops where i live. None are interested in fixing the problem unless i want to buy all new sides and have the entire car repainted.

Axxe
10-20-2004, 07:02 PM
How about the shop that did the work originally? Didn't they **** up?

Jase
10-20-2004, 07:04 PM
They said i got a great deal. they will do some reapirs but to straighten the lines without more money..no way.

Axxe
10-20-2004, 09:33 PM
Daaaaamn.

Jase
10-20-2004, 09:38 PM
They have to take a look but i was pretty much told it isnt being repaired for nothing.Dont get me wrong,some of the work was great. the paint was good. the front and rear bumpers are smooth. but the kit was supposed to be straight. If at any time they were to tell me they could not get the sides on straight I would have purchased different sides. instead of wasting paint.
Jase