PDA

View Full Version : Winter Pseudo-Storage....Help

Antz_Marchin
10-19-2004, 01:01 AM
I know there are already a bunch of threads about storing the car for the winter but I have a bit of a different question. I have the car in the garage with a covercraft cover and would really like to be able to drive the car sparingly in the winter as the weather allows for it. We all know those 2 week periods in the winter or the weekend here and there where snow is nowhere to be seen and the temp is hovering right around zero.

My question is, is it ok for me to not go into all the full winter storage procedures and drive the car say every 2 weeks or so for a good day or 2 as the weather allows?? I'm going to change the Oil, tranny and Diff fluid, rustproff/undercoat the car and use a paint sealent over a couple wax coats and a perfect wash. The battery will be left in the car and engine oil will not be fogged but will make sure to give it a minimum of an hour run every 2 weeks and I'll have it out 5 days in arow if the weather is right. Or should I just suffer for 5 months without the new ///M and fully store it?? Thanks for any advice........gotta get going on this I guess.

SkycityBMW
10-19-2004, 09:32 AM
Or should I just suffer for 5 months without the new ///M and fully store it??

Just store it . . .