PDA

View Full Version : E36 M3 Hartge Suspension for trade.

Autotechnica
10-16-2004, 07:14 PM
Looking to swap Hartge Suspension for stock M3 suspension.

Includes

Hartge springs
Hartge front and rear dampers
Hartge front and rear adjustable sway bars

Parts are from a '94 Eurospec M3, less than 2 years old.

Selling for a friend, he is asking $1000 + trade.

Bry

ClayMan
10-16-2004, 10:44 PM
Do you have the specs on those sways? Are they strut or control arm mounted? How thick?

Looking to swap Hartge Suspension for stock M3 suspension.

Includes

Hartge springs
Hartge front and rear dampers
Hartge front and rear adjustable sway bars

Parts are from a '94 Eurospec M3, less than 2 years old.

Selling for a friend, he is asking $1000 + trade.

Bry

Autotechnica
10-16-2004, 10:46 PM
Do you have the specs on those sways? Are they strut or control arm mounted? How thick?

Don't have the specs, but you can check them out if you want. It's mounted on the car. Strut mounted, it's from an M3 remember? :)

Autotechnica
10-19-2004, 04:05 PM
30mm front, 24mm rear. Those are approximate figures.

Autotechnica
10-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Welcomming all offers. Need this swap done this week!

Trade for stock M3 suspension, springs, dampers, sways.

Hartge full suspension suspension purchased from Raven.

ClayMan
10-19-2004, 08:37 PM
30mm front? That's huge! Doesn't that understeer like mad?? (unless it's control arm-mounted...)

30mm front, 24mm rear. Those are approximate figures.

Autotechnica
10-19-2004, 09:04 PM
30mm front? That's huge! Doesn't that understeer like mad?? (unless it's control arm-mounted...)

It's not huge for an M3. Keep in mind these are approximate measurements. It's still on the car! We just measured it using a measuring tape. Plus, you can't really compare sway bars directly, because a lot of them are designed differently than OEM ones which means the thicknesses are negligable. 24mm in the rear is also huge, so it pretty much balances out. You'll just have a very hard riding suspension.

That's the whole point of having them adjustable.

ClayMan
10-19-2004, 10:45 PM
So they are adjustable then? How do they ride/handle?

Stock M3 is 23mm/20mm (front/rear) and is already tuned for understeer, which is why I was a little shocked when I read that the front is larger by 7mm and the rear by 4mm... (Of course I do not know how adjustable they are)

Autotechnica
10-19-2004, 10:51 PM
So they are adjustable then? How do they ride/handle?

Stock M3 is 23mm/20mm (front/rear) and is already tuned for understeer, which is why I was a little shocked when I read that the front is larger by 7mm and the rear by 4mm... (Of course I do not know how adjustable they are)

My current sway bars are 28mm front and 21mm rear. I still get oversteer. So like I said before the thickness of the sway doesn't mean anything because they aren't the same shape/material as the OEM sway bars. You can only compare them if the aftermarket sway bar is the same shape and material as the OEM bar.

If you are really interested. Call me and we can arrange a time for you to look at them and even try them if possible.

Bry