PDA

View Full Version : Newbie car and audio question

gerry2360
07-18-2002, 06:29 PM
Hello from a newbie.....I'm thinking of buying a 1999 328i (it will be my first bimmer) but it has the cassette instead of a cd player in the dash. I don't want a cd changer. It is possible to swap this out? Where can I get one and how much to they cost? I'm in the Los Angeles area. Any comments on the used 328i is also appreciated - car has 25,000 miles. Looking forward to this forum. Thanks!

Gamite
07-18-2002, 06:37 PM
Welcome to maXbimmer!

For future reference please use the designated sections throughout the board.

moving to Audio/appearance.

Tracer
07-19-2002, 01:20 AM
This is the "Appearance & Audio" section BTW. I think he is in the right spot.

Tracer

MP328
07-19-2002, 11:00 AM
is it an E36 (like mine) or E46 the newer style. anyways if u want to buy the original BMW cd player for the dash is gonna be expensive. almost like buying a cd changer.

you can always get an aftermarket cd player, sony, kenwood, jvc, panasonic, clarion, alpine, or whatever you prefer. it should fit in there i think with no problem.

Adriano
07-26-2002, 02:57 PM
All you have to do is buy an aftermarket head unit and a wireing harness. Wire the harness to the aftermarket radio harness. Just follow the reference in the manual and on the back of the harness package. Remove your old radio (flip open side clips and loosen off allen head screws, pull out radio). Unclip antenna and factory harness using screw driver to pry up on clip. Plug and clip new harness in car and other end on HU. Follow mounting instructions in HU manual. Done!*drunk*
Good luck,
Adriano

Gamite
07-26-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Tracer
This is the "Appearance & Audio" section BTW. I think he is in the right spot.

Tracer

Who do you think moved it here?