PDA

View Full Version : M3 front bumper and block heater extension cord

2lehelix
07-17-2002, 06:55 PM
I'm having an M3 front bumper put on my 97 328i over the next few days and was wondering...where do most people have their extension plug for their block heater exiting the front of the vehicle? Either the dealer or original owner of my vehicle had pried some of the front slats on the stock bumper apart to feed the plug through, which did not look too good at all.

So can anyone with an M3 front bumper on their vehicle tell me where they access cord from.

Thanks.

HS

MP328
07-18-2002, 01:45 AM
why do you even need that?????

we have the same car and i have the M3 front bumper on. but even with the stock bumper i didn't have the cord anywhere and i don't even think that i have it at all.

2lehelix
07-18-2002, 02:41 AM
Winterpeg, bro. I pity the car that does not plug in there when the mercury is sitting at -35 with wind chill at -45. Had a brief spell like that the last 2 winters and my old celica just was not happy. I am guessing that those conditions would be too extreme to go without plugging in.

Anyone else here go without plugging in?

HS

Autotechnica
07-18-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by 2lehelix
Winterpeg, bro. I pity the car that does not plug in there when the mercury is sitting at -35 with wind chill at -45. Had a brief spell like that the last 2 winters and my old celica just was not happy. I am guessing that those conditions would be too extreme to go without plugging in.

Anyone else here go without plugging in?

HS

The winters in Toronto aren't that bad so you don't really need one anyways.

Bryan