PDA

View Full Version : Stock BMW sound system in E46

Simby
10-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Hey. The sound system in my 2000 323 is the absolute shit. I think any decent car now has better sound than mine. There's like no bass and the sound just ain't that good. What would improve this situation? New CD deck? But is it good to take out the BMW one? Amp? Speakers? Sub? What have you guys done?

Bliss
10-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Changing, just the deck will improve it big time. Did to my E46. I got the pioneer AVX DVD 3700. Got it a while ago. A lot better decks are out now.

Changing everything else will improve it that much more.

Mitch555
10-11-2004, 01:37 PM
Hey. The sound system in my 2000 323 is the absolute shit. I think any decent car now has better sound than mine. There's like no bass and the sound just ain't that good. What would improve this situation? New CD deck? But is it good to take out the BMW one? Amp? Speakers? Sub? What have you guys done?

If you want a crisp, clean, loud sound then you have to change all the speakers on the inside of your car and buy a new deck. Mind you, not any deck or speakers would do this. You have to go looking to see what features each deck offers. Go listen to some speakers that are on display for cars and see which speakers you like the best for sound. Match them up and you're set. Based on the wattage of the speakers the deck could run them but you might need to buy an amplifier to power them up.

Don't expect to get crazy bass from changing your internal speakers tho. If you want that little bit of extra bass I suggest getting a single 12 inch sub. You'll need an amplifier to power this.

Intense
10-11-2004, 11:14 PM
I would try changing your speakers and the amp in the trunk first.
Those seem to be the weak link on most e46's.