PDA

View Full Version : new intake.

beamerboycsl
10-09-2004, 05:47 PM
i made this intake out of exhaust piping at work just ****in around, then a buddy there decided to powder coat it for me for free in chrome black, put in on and it doesnt look so bad now, so im just gunna leave it and make a heat box in school. i can make these for any one for 30 bucks plus another 25 to powdercoat, my idea is that a intake is a intake, thats a 3 inch pipe and u can hear the difference and feel a gain aswell with it so im not goin to waste 200 for a professional one.
http://photos.tobinhosting.com/album/bmwhartgeM3/ajy.sized.jpg

http://photos.tobinhosting.com/album/bmwhartgeM3/aka.sized.jpg

http://photos.tobinhosting.com/album/bmwhartgeM3/ajz.sized.jpg

ZiMMie
10-09-2004, 05:52 PM
what of car is that?

beamerboycsl
10-09-2004, 05:56 PM
i can make any application but its on a 328i.

Understated
10-09-2004, 06:05 PM
looks pretty fukkin hype!.....55 bucks?...damn pm burnhard88...i think he wants one for his civic. :D

MCK
10-09-2004, 07:39 PM
That looks pretty sweet.

BMW Fan
10-09-2004, 11:13 PM
looks nice...might need some hookin up later on...

sonic07
10-10-2004, 12:14 AM
wow ... that looks pretty cool ...

rico328i
10-10-2004, 12:27 AM
Nice job. Looks clean. Again....you made the offer...so don't be surprised if more people here are interested!!!!! Including myself in a bit..

Rico

beamerboycsl
10-10-2004, 01:35 AM
thanks, all i need to know is the dimensions like, length width and bend angle and what color u want it.

325isRED
10-11-2004, 09:23 PM
i would be interested 100%, but i am looking for something that bends downwards and sits closser to the ground, furter away from the top of the engine... think you can deal with anything like that?

Jordan
10-11-2004, 11:05 PM
Nice riceboy hot air intake.

Why use such a tiny diameter pipe?

thinair
10-12-2004, 12:23 AM
Nice riceboy hot air intake.

Why use such a tiny diameter pipe?

Yeah, I love insulting people too. *thmbsdwn*
There are other ways of criticising someones work.

Here, watch:

Hey Bimmerboycsl, nice work. Just so you know, if you add a heat shield your intake would be more efficient. It wouldn't be sucking in hot engine air, but cold exterior air instead.

Also, you could promote better flow if the pipe didn't taper to a smaller diameter in the center. A continuous 3" would offer better flow.

Was that so hard?

325iSBimmer
10-12-2004, 01:07 AM
Yeah, I love insulting people too. *thmbsdwn*
There are other ways of criticising someones work.

Here, watch:

Hey Bimmerboycsl, nice work. Just so you know, if you add a heat shield your intake would be more efficient. It wouldn't be sucking in hot engine air, but cold exterior air instead.

Also, you could promote better flow if the pipe didn't taper to a smaller diameter in the center. A continuous 3" would offer better flow.

Was that so hard?

Comon Nelson, you should know better than that. That kind of constructive criticism takes at least a grade 12 education to piece together *th-up* its much easier just to bash the guy on his work!

And nice work on the intake. good finish on it. I made the same thing at my shop. Except no powder coat so it doesnt look quite so nice. I agree it does release a few(minimal) extra ponies, and sounds great too. I too am working on making a heat shield for mine. Let me know if you get to it before me. I'd buy one if you can make a double

beamerboycsl
10-12-2004, 07:59 PM
umm thanks for the comments, and im not a dumb ass jordan i know the heat from the engine and more specific the radiator and hose takes away from any gains, i and like it says im goin to make a heat shield next week in my welding class at school, as for rice, i admit this one might be, but when i make the real one it will be just like any other intake sold prof. one out there at 1/3rd the cost. so if its rice at least its money in my pocket. thanks for the back up thinair and 325isbimmer.