PDA

View Full Version : Rennsport Widebody E36 ALMOST DONE!!

irvz
10-06-2004, 09:14 PM
YAY!! Just got my car back today from the shop *finally*

just have a few more things to do:

install the foglights, e46 sidemarkers, bmw wheel caps and bmw badges..i'm also waiting for the final piece of the Widebody kit from Rennsport, the 2piece rear spoiler, but i'm kinda having second thoughts..i'm kinda liking the car without the rear spoiler and with just the roof spoiler..watya guys think (spoiler or no spoiler??)?

and i gotta fix those damn ANGEL EYES!!!! can't get the rings to work..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/irvphotos/widebody003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/irvphotos/widebody007.jpg

OH ONE MORE THING!! I was just taking pictures of my car when all of a sudden the PASSENGER SIDE window stopped working :confused:
anyone know what could've happened? the driver side still works and the passenger was working fine earlier today but now it won't move..

irvz
10-06-2004, 09:21 PM
ah crap..didn't notice this was the OFF TOPIC forum..kind moderators please move..

SickFinga
10-06-2004, 09:33 PM
it needs to be lowered badly

Quack
10-06-2004, 09:43 PM
^^^^ fully needs to be lowered ASAP, but the car is looking sweet

Understated
10-06-2004, 10:00 PM
Nice, but for some reason i never really liked the rennsport kit....its the same one as the one in 2fast2furious right?....blah.....i like the zeemax kit much more *th-up*

ur car is looking sweet regardless....noice rims :)

irvz
10-06-2004, 10:16 PM
^^^^ fully needs to be lowered ASAP, but the car is looking sweet

lol..said the exact same thing!! saving up for some H&Rs..

windsor318is
10-07-2004, 06:08 AM
i say spoiler, get the big M3 lightweight one!! and then lower,lower,lower it!!!!!!!!!!!

DrunkFuX
10-07-2004, 07:34 AM
looks great ! *th-up*

first of all.. lower it.. second... NO SPOILER ! :D

EMPOWERD
10-07-2004, 08:18 AM
After having some experience driving the BCAuto's RennSport-kitted E36 for 7 days and taking a closer look, I can inform everyone that even with coilovers installed, turned all the way down... it looks high as hell. The fenders on the kit are cut out MUCH higher than stock... the side skirts will drag on the ground (threoretically) before he can get rid of the fender gap. It will always look like a "4WD".

Quack
10-07-2004, 08:30 AM
I see what you mean Randy, just by looking at the front fender gap there is no way in hell he can reduce it enough, maybeif the bodyshop is good enough to make a peice or bend the fender flare lower to reduce the gap

AMG_POWER
10-07-2004, 08:43 AM
how about 24 inch wheels?

Chris de la Cruz
10-07-2004, 10:29 AM
yeah those fenders are pretty high... heres a pic of one slammed... there's still a gap in the fenders... but still looks hot... sorry if its a little blurry

Paul540/m3
10-07-2004, 11:53 AM
Drop that bitch as much as possible, but still a beautiful ride. Congrats

thinair
10-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Do you still have the stock rear fender lips under the widebody??

Justin e36
10-07-2004, 09:42 PM
sexy as hell.. love the velocity splitters... and I have to say, awesome taste in rims... :D ... can't wait to put mine on this coming summer. *th-up*

about your window switch.. it's likely the connectors for the switch are tarnished.. pry it out and push on the bottom while trying the buttons... if it still doesn't work, switch might be dead. try another switch in replacement and see if it works, if it still doesn't work then it's likely the motor which died... (though not likely).

Also... I got your PM.. if I have a chance this weekend I'll swing by and help you out with the angel eyes.

Justin

irvz
10-07-2004, 10:50 PM
thx Justin...i'm gonna head to the shop tomorrow to get my window and my angel eyes looked at..he's a buddy of mine so it shouldn't cost a thing...i'll shoot you another pm if there's still no luck..

///MsAniTy
10-07-2004, 11:12 PM
honestly man u neeed some big ****in rims to fill those fender gaps n when u get that done is when u can say u got a widebody bimmer. the way i look at it is if i were to get a wide body i would have to grab some wide mother****in tires in the back with some deep dishes in the rear n i would have to light those tires up with some nice power ie conversion with turbo definatly plus have some ice when rolling round

M3speed
10-07-2004, 11:25 PM
looks sick!!!!!!

vertakul
10-07-2004, 11:33 PM
honestly man u neeed some big ****in rims to fill those fender gaps n when u get that done is when u can say u got a widebody bimmer. the way i look at it is if i were to get a wide body i would have to grab some wide mother****in tires in the back with some deep dishes in the rear n i would have to light those tires up with some nice power ie conversion with turbo definatly plus have some ice when rolling round

agreed.
has potential though.

Justin e36
10-08-2004, 01:01 AM

he has 18's on there now... they are deep dish.. that's a 3" polished lip on there... he's running 235's in the front and 255's in the rear... putting a larger rim than that on there without messing up the spedometer will be tough. Maybe go to 265's on the rear and put some spacers on. Those rims already stick out quite a bit as they have a +35 offset.

Main thing is that it needs lowering... and some better daylight pics.

Justin e36
10-08-2004, 01:02 AM
thx Justin...i'm gonna head to the shop tomorrow to get my window and my angel eyes looked at..he's a buddy of mine so it shouldn't cost a thing...i'll shoot you another pm if there's still no luck..

sounds good... if you still have probs with the window switch, PM me with the year of your car too.. I might have some extra switches kicking around.

///m powered
10-08-2004, 03:17 AM
looks hot as hell

maybe a fatter sidewall would help?

oh well.....

1st thing... get better pics! :)

WASABI
10-08-2004, 08:54 AM
Nice job ! I guess you know about this guy too. *th-up*

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/444000-444999/444339_139_full.jpg

ChahalzBMR
10-08-2004, 09:04 AM
That looks sexy! Yeah agree with everyone else, needs a drop and some daylight pics! *th-up*

irvz
10-09-2004, 09:40 AM
Nice job ! I guess you know about this guy too. *th-up*

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/444000-444999/444339_139_full.jpg

ah crap..no i don't know that guy..is he from the GTA area? kinda hopin to be the only one with it on rite now..lol