PDA

View Full Version : where in the hell do i get dynamat?

RevShoT
10-06-2004, 08:25 PM
i need sum, well lots i wana do my whole car car its too loud u gotta like yell to have a convo now that my car is gutted

i called a tonne of places but they dont have n e nor can get n e

is there a place in T.O that sells?

bmwm5lover
10-06-2004, 08:26 PM
future shop/

koncise
10-06-2004, 08:26 PM
future shop... probly best buy too. expensive though....

i say buy "Brown bread" off of ebay

RevShoT
10-06-2004, 08:28 PM
really future shop sells it?

summit online was 170 US for 39 square ft

thinair
10-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Hold on....explain why you are gutting your car in the first place? Weight savings?? Dynamat is pretty heavy isn't it?

BMW BMXer
10-06-2004, 09:26 PM
Dynamat extreme is apperently lighter than normal factory sound deadening.

RevShoT
10-07-2004, 12:53 AM
exactly, much lighter then that stuff that looks like a cloth with tar and insulation on it, reason why my car is gutted is to make room for roll cage!

mpower1226
10-07-2004, 07:14 AM
exactly, much lighter then that stuff that looks like a cloth with tar and insulation on it, reason why my car is gutted is to make room for roll cage!

I dont see why you would need sounddeadning mat PLUS the roll cage.
ppl take out all the deadning material to save weight and you bother to put one in? even if its lighter.. If you are going to be tracking the car, well define the meaning of weight saving first.

Miguel
10-07-2004, 10:45 AM
I dont see why you would need sounddeadning mat PLUS the roll cage.
ppl take out all the deadning material to save weight and you bother to put one in? even if its lighter.. If you are going to be tracking the car, well define the meaning of weight saving first.

For the same reason Jordan gutted his car and then threw in Vaders and Ice... you can always balance between comfort and form.

RevShoT
10-07-2004, 08:42 PM
what mikey said,

even though this is going to be my weekend warrior it is still my daily driver currently to carry a convo in my car u gotta turn the radio off and yell just to get half of what there saying, i gotta comprise a lil weight for this

thinair
10-07-2004, 08:46 PM
Ever weighed earplugs???

Ask anyone about my experiences with that on the drive to the Detroit autoshow last year. My truck is loud, no sound deadening either, and at the time I had none working muffler too.

Justin e36
10-07-2004, 10:38 PM
earplugs?... he said he can't carry a conversation in his car. this is his daily driver.. he has a girlfriend too, and I'm sure he takes her out in it as well. the rollcage is a safety feature for when he's on the track... it doesn't mean his entire car is strictly for track use. as someone said earlier... balance.

anyway.. grab some brown bread off eBay.

thinair
10-08-2004, 12:05 AM
earplugs?... he said he can't carry a conversation in his car. this is his daily driver.. he has a girlfriend too, and I'm sure he takes her out in it as well. the rollcage is a safety feature for when he's on the track... it doesn't mean his entire car is strictly for track use. as someone said earlier... balance.

That's like saying you want to get in shape/fit, but don't want to stop spreading butter, mayonnaisse, and molassas on everything. There are compromises right?

Also, I did say that earplug bit sorta sarcastically :P

Although I did notice that in my truck I could carry a conversation better with earplugs then without believe it or not. Earplugs don't make you go deaf, they just lower the current decibals, more so as certain frequencies (mid to highs).

RevShoT
10-08-2004, 01:06 AM
hahaha thats great ear plugs

like i said yeah it will be a weekend track car but still a cruiser during the week the cage will be more or less half and half, half for safty on weekends and half for show during the week, im not looking to be the best more expensive lightest faster car out there i just want to be safe and have fun!

so sound dediner and looks inside the interior are still a factor when im building, at my work the body shop is going to make a aluminum cover for the back seats to make everything nice and smooth, like a tubbed camaro or sumthin looks

and fiberglass door pannels will complete the interior

so yes i do care about weight and such but i also care about the daily comfort of driving

Justin e36
10-08-2004, 01:57 AM
Also, I did say that earplug bit sorta sarcastically :P

Although I did notice that in my truck I could carry a conversation better with earplugs then without believe it or not. Earplugs don't make you go deaf, they just lower the current decibals, more so as certain frequencies (mid to highs).

Good point..