PDA

View Full Version : canon powershot a80

MTECH3
10-03-2004, 05:27 PM
canon powershot a80 in very good condition ... comes with all the cables and manuals that it came with i also have the box ... i will also include a 256mb cd card, canon leather case made specifically for the a80, 4 lithium rechargeable battery and charger ... $500 for everything

MTECH3
10-04-2004, 03:10 PM
after doing some research i decided to lower the price to $400 firm

greekthang
10-04-2004, 05:12 PM
after doing some research i decided to lower the price to $400 firm

Hey pal very interested in your camera:

Couple of question though:

-what is the megapixal ?
- how long have you had it for ?

Cash flow is a bit tight. If you can settle for $350 I will buy it right now. If not I completely understand.
Please get back to me.

Thanks

Quack
10-04-2004, 09:01 PM
it's 4megapixles, I heard it's a camera

MTECH3
10-04-2004, 10:30 PM
yep is 4mp ... sorry the price is firm ... is a very good camera ... go read the reviews at cnet.com or other camera website

greekthang
10-05-2004, 12:27 AM
yep is 4mp ... sorry the price is firm ... is a very good camera ... go read the reviews at cnet.com or other camera website

I understand completely pal. Well my offer is there if you want to take me up on it.

greekthang
10-06-2004, 10:35 AM
I understand completely pal. Well my offer is there if you want to take me up on it.

Hey pal is the camera still for sale. I can offer you $370 pal but I can't go any higher. Would you consider selling it for that ??

MTECH3
10-06-2004, 12:22 PM
yep is still for sale ... but i got a couple guys interested in other forums so the price is still firm ... sorry

greekthang
10-06-2004, 12:41 PM
yep is still for sale ... but i got a couple guys interested in other forums so the price is still firm ... sorry

Good luck on your sale but I actually did some reasearch and your camera new is $500 and that includes the batteries and charger. A carrying case is $20 generic one and the memory is $40 new in stores. So a total of $560 new and just wondering how old it is and if there is a warrenty on it cuz thats not much of a depreciation but no worries I dont want to kill your thread but if you want to sell it to me for $370 I have the cash right now.

beamerboycsl
10-06-2004, 12:49 PM
if u have 370 to spend and cant get this one from him just go with the a75, camera is great, why pay 150 more for.8 MP's and a flip out SMALLER lcd display. 370 will get u all ur accessories as well as a 4 year warrnty to, and there selling the camera for only 150 now at staples. i have the camera ands its awsome, but if u can get this camera for the same price why not, good luck sorry if im a asshole but im just tryin to help out. and im not sayin this is a good deal at all cause it is im just givin u a fall back plan.

greekthang
10-06-2004, 02:55 PM
if u have 370 to spend and cant get this one from him just go with the a75, camera is great, why pay 150 more for.8 MP's and a flip out SMALLER lcd display. 370 will get u all ur accessories as well as a 4 year warrnty to, and there selling the camera for only 150 now at staples. i have the camera ands its awsome, but if u can get this camera for the same price why not, good luck sorry if im a asshole but im just tryin to help out. and im not sayin this is a good deal at all cause it is im just givin u a fall back plan.

Ahit pal thanks alot. That is a killer deal.

MTECH3
10-06-2004, 05:08 PM
Good luck on your sale but I actually did some reasearch and your camera new is $500 and that includes the batteries and charger. A carrying case is $20 generic one and the memory is $40 new in stores. So a total of $560 new and just wondering how old it is and if there is a warrenty on it cuz thats not much of a depreciation but no worries I dont want to kill your thread but if you want to sell it to me for $370 I have the cash right now.

where did u see that? the camera cost $599 when new and doesn't not include anything ... the leather case, batteries and charge is the a80 starter kit which cost $79 new ... and the 256mb cd card cost $69 new

MTECH3
10-06-2004, 05:13 PM

no u are not being an asshole at all for helping other members out but where did u see the a75 for $150? i just checked staples.ca and it cost $349 + tax and it doesn't not include any of the accessories i have ... also the a80 screen is only .3" smaller but u can flip out and swirl which the a75 can't ... trust me is very useful ... i had the a70 before without the flip out screen what a big difference

alexm520
10-07-2004, 01:55 AM
no u are not being an asshole at all for helping other members out but where did u see the a75 for $150? i just checked staples.ca and it cost $349 + tax and it doesn't not include any of the accessories i have ... also the a80 screen is only .3" smaller but u can flip out and swirl which the a75 can't ... trust me is very useful ... i had the a70 before without the flip out screen what a big difference

It helps if everyone looks where other members are from. beamerboycsl is from US and he was quoting a US price.

Mtech3, we can appreciate your situation but digital camera prices drop like crazy especially since replacements come out every 6-12 months. When A80 came out, it was CDN$600+taxes. Its replacement - new A95 just hit the street with under CDN$500 + taxes [not only is it cheaper than A80 when it was new, but it has a little faster operation (less shutter lag), bigger screen and 5 instead of 4 megapixels ... cant stop the progress.]

I think CDN$370 is worth making a deal unless someone already offered $400.
A80 is better than A75 because it has a bigger chip inside than A75 or A85 which improves photo quality (something most people dont realize since company's marketing dept just focus on megapixles).

As far as good canadian prices, take a look here:
http://www.cameracanada.com/eNet-cart/Default.asp?cat=CAMPS&type=1&mkt=&brand=Canon

MTECH3
10-07-2004, 04:22 AM
It helps if everyone looks where other members are from. beamerboycsl is from US and he was quoting a US price.

Mtech3, we can appreciate your situation but digital camera prices drop like crazy especially since replacements come out every 6-12 months. When A80 came out, it was CDN$600+taxes. Its replacement - new A95 just hit the street with under CDN$500 + taxes [not only is it cheaper than A80 when it was new, but it has a little faster operation (less shutter lag), bigger screen and 5 instead of 4 megapixels ... cant stop the progress.]

A80 is better than A75 because it has a bigger chip inside than A75 or A85 which improves photo quality (something most people dont realize since company's marketing dept just focus on megapixles).

http://www.cameracanada.com/eNet-cart/Default.asp?cat=CAMPS&type=1&mkt=&brand=Canon

yeah i know price on electronics drops like crazy that why i set the price at $400 inlcuding the starter kit and 256mb car which is over $150 value ... the a80 still cost $479 now from the link u posted so i think $400 for the camera plus starter kit plus the 256mb card is a fair price :)

greekthang
10-07-2004, 10:19 AM

alexm520 thanks for the info pal. Very useful but it is MTECH3's camera and he is allowed to sell it at whatever he wants. Anyways MTECH3 if you change your mind I am here but not for too long cuz I am looking at buying a camera very soon.

beamerboycsl
10-07-2004, 04:20 PM
sorry i should have labeled USD. if u buy new just the camera ull save 100usd on the A75, which can go towards card, 50usd and warranty for 4years 60usd, then about 10usd for a nice case, 40 for a sony charger and 4 batteries. idk what that ='s in canada dollars. but its like 400 usd for all the accsesories for the a85 and if hes sellin it for 400 canada dollars its gotta be a good price.