PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Oil Stabilizer

325isRED
09-28-2004, 02:44 PM
Anyone use that Lucas Oil stabalizer in their Bimmers engine or tranny? I put it in my old 5.0L and it there was a noticable difference, but anyone try this in a bimmer?

Gamite
09-28-2004, 03:33 PM
EMPOWERD used to use this stuff, he said he didn't feel any noticable differences.

paul christians
09-28-2004, 03:49 PM
I do use it in mine..............

Bigbore
09-29-2004, 03:30 PM
i have it in my tranny, i think i feels a little tighter.. nothing special

325iSBimmer
09-29-2004, 09:24 PM
i have it in my engine oil..
i use mobil 1 15w40 synthetic and then put a liter of lucas...but my car doesnt see winter so the thicker oil is alright.. I would run 5w30 with lucas in the winter.

as far as difference felt goes.....i dont think the ass dyno will feel anything. Its more of a preventative lubricant then a miracle maker

beamerboycsl
09-29-2004, 10:31 PM
umm deeeef doooont use lucas, its shit and bubbles up. what ever u do dont use it.

325isRED
09-30-2004, 11:03 AM
umm deeeef doooont use lucas, its shit and bubbles up. what ever u do dont use it.

what happened? are you sure it was lucas that did this??

325iSBimmer
09-30-2004, 11:47 AM
Im a mechanic and I've putting lucas into american cars with horrible knocks and smoking engine and made them pass an etest...I've never had one come back with more problems then when it left. and I've changed out hundreds of liters of oil with lucas in it and theres no sign of it bubbleing....
that happens when u over fill an engine...then the crankshaft counter weights beat the oil into a froth..has nothing to do with the lucas

325isRED
09-30-2004, 12:24 PM
thats what i figured, thx 325isbimmer, any views on this Z-max stuff?

beamerboycsl
09-30-2004, 03:59 PM
nah theres a video on how it sucks, its floating around on dtm. if u cant find it then i will, after seein it ill never use it again. i do know that it did stop knockin tho but still has nothing to do with the video on it.

325isRED
10-01-2004, 09:49 AM
nah theres a video on how it sucks, its floating around on dtm. if u cant find it then i will, after seein it ill never use it again. i do know that it did stop knockin tho but still has nothing to do with the video on it.

you talkin about lucas or z-max?

beamerboycsl
10-01-2004, 03:28 PM
lucas do a search on dtm or goolge to find the video or ill try to find time to but it was on dtm.

mai
12-11-2004, 09:11 AM
i have it in my engine oil..
i use mobil 1 15w40 synthetic and then put a liter of lucas...but my car doesnt see winter so the thicker oil is alright.. I would run 5w30 with lucas in the winter.

as far as difference felt goes.....i dont think the ass dyno will feel anything. Its more of a preventative lubricant then a miracle maker
hi i have a 99 m3 us 42000 mils i have been used 5w50 synthetic from "costco" do you think it is ok for winter or it is tooo thickkkkk!!! :confused: thanks

Slowered318
12-11-2004, 11:20 AM
all the lucas does is slime up the inside of your motor, it clogs oil passages and bakes on to add rotational mass to the crank, rods and pistons.

It's only usefull on a high miledge motor that's on it's way out, because it will slightly reduce oil loss and help fill in the worn metal parts with it's caramel like baked on sludge.

the only place these products with the oil binding adititive are good is in diffs (but not LSD's), some standard trannys, farm equipment, some machinery and heavy duty diesel motors. not close tolerance performance motors!

I've also heard that the lucas product doesn't mix well with some types of oil. there are so many adititive in oil already.. if your gonna play around your best to use a strait cut like castroil non detergant 30 weight and then add your own adititves. i wouldn't mix anything with semi synthetic or fully synthetic oils cause these oils are blended already and have anti foaming agents, cleaners, stabilizers, not to mention all the crap they toss into cheap oils. you would be surprised how much gear oil, hydrolic oil and water you would find if you did a lab test on say "motormaster 5W30"

My 0.02