PDA

View Full Version : Help With body shop

DaveM3
07-14-2002, 07:06 PM
Okay, got into accident today (No not with the bimmer )

It was not my fault. So now I'm in need to find a good body shop. Can anybody recommend me a good one (Preferably in Mississauga area) ? What I mean by good one is that they dont skimp on repairs, parts (OEM not aftermarket). Good paintjob (I dont want messy paint etc).

My insurance offered me these bodyshop
1. B&B Automotive
2. Impact Auto Collision
3. Meadowvale Collision
4. Lyons Autobody
Does anybody ever deal with them before? How was your experience? Would you recommend them (Name of the person I should get in touch with)?

How about Honda dealership (The car is honda accord btw)? Anybody have experience with them?

Thanks again guys/gals

Gamite
07-14-2002, 07:26 PM
Well, from what I've heard, you should NEVER goto any body shops recommended by your insurance, they do faulty repairs and get extra money for a crappy job.

WASABI
07-14-2002, 07:50 PM
Dave, I just saw on W5 on CTV a report on Body Shops and Insurance companies, seems like they're working together ...*mumble* The insurance companies would like you to go to one of their "recommended" shops to "CUT" costs, and the body shops don't do as good of a job as they're paid to... sucks :( ... that's why the paint on my car didn't turn out that well ... :mad: :mad: :mad: I went to Meadowvale Collision*no-no*

I say take it to the DEALER ! Oh I forgot, I've heard good things about Woodchester Collision, near Mississauga Honda.

SickFinga
07-14-2002, 07:50 PM
Mister J Autocollision (i think that's the name) ask Charlie he knows for sure.
They did a better job on paintjob than BMW at the factory. It is perfect. and i must say my car was the sh*ttiesr car there. so it is safe

DaveM3
07-14-2002, 08:03 PM
Gamite>Thx for the tips
SAJ> Yeah I was watching it too.. :)
Sickfingas> Thanks for the help, where are they located?

Thanks again for the help guys.. keep em coming..
I'm bringing the car to get an estimate tomorrow..

My choices right now are:

Honda dealership
Mister J Autocollision

SickFinga
07-14-2002, 08:11 PM
sorry it is Mister John, not J :)
http://www.toronto.com/map?mode=geo&id=207053&lat=437658&lon=-795544

also I dunno, but I wouldn't recomend any dealership.
ask Rob who works there. like 10 students and 1 licenced mechanic.

Jon@Bimmersport
07-14-2002, 09:29 PM
hey dave...bring it over to my house...ill kick tha dent outta there..lol..is it a like a dent? or the whole thing is jus ****ed up

Gamite
07-14-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by saj328
Dave, I just saw on W5 on CTV a report on Body Shops and Insurance companies, seems like they're working together ...*mumble* The insurance companies would like you to go to one of their "recommended" shops to "CUT" costs, and the body shops don't do as good of a job as they're paid to... sucks :( ... that's why the paint on my car didn't turn out that well ... :mad: :mad: :mad: I went to Meadowvale Collision*no-no*

I say take it to the DEALER ! Oh I forgot, I've heard good things about Woodchester Collision, near Mississauga Honda.

Yeah thats where I heard about it too.

DaveM3
07-14-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
hey dave...bring it over to my house...ill kick tha dent outta there..lol..is it a like a dent? or the whole thing is jus ****ed up

hahaha.. u need more than a 'kick'
I wish it was that simple..

DaveM3
07-14-2002, 10:22 PM
Oh hey guys
what about Unique ____ something ?

Any comments? Good/Bad?

SickFinga
07-14-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
Take it to a honda dealer,bodyshop. They know how to fix the car the best .

are you kidding?

Jon@Bimmersport
07-15-2002, 12:03 AM
i think my uncle knows the same body shop that fixes the cop cars...ill try and get the # for u if i get a hold of him.

DaveM3
07-15-2002, 12:09 AM
Thanks guys..

How come nobody recommend any bodyshop in mississauga area?
hmm... :huh?:

Jon@Bimmersport
07-15-2002, 12:11 AM
cuz mississauga sucks! oh wait...i live in mississauga!! :huh?: *shiner*

DaveM3
07-15-2002, 12:13 AM
cuz mississauga sucks! oh wait...i live in mississauga!! :huh?: *shiner*

oh u do?? Where?? :D: D:D

DaveM3
07-15-2002, 12:20 AM