PDA

View Full Version : What do cops hassle you about most?

Bliss
01-06-2002, 05:33 PM
Is it the hyper white bulbs?, no front plate?. too low?
Just wondering... I'm planning on taking off my front plate but don't know if om gonna get pulled over every 5 mins.

Bliss
01-06-2002, 06:26 PM
yeah, thats what i was thinking of doing. I'll keep it in the car for sure...just in case.;)

'88 325e
01-06-2002, 10:50 PM
Like what the ____ is with that? Empowerd knows what i'm talkin' about!

'88 325e
01-06-2002, 10:58 PM
...last night the Geo was going 66km in a 40km. I was in Burlington and didn't know the area. I got off because I didn't BS the cop and didn't give him attitude. Cool cop. Thanx cop dude! Yer da best!

'88 325e
01-06-2002, 11:06 PM
...how that thing was going that fast! LOL :D

Lil'Smoothie
01-06-2002, 11:31 PM
We have no front plate on the M3 and weve been pulled a few times but no tickets and nothing recently.

88325e where in burlington were you?

Im most afradi of getting pulled for not having insurance

'88 325e
01-06-2002, 11:33 PM
:-)

azn330i
01-06-2002, 11:43 PM
damn i wanna take my license off the 330i too.......but it has a dent in the front rubbing strip because a stupid durango backed up into my car......nothing much tho

i have those xenon bluish blubs in my indicators now and people keep telling me that they are illegal..........wonder when i'm gonna get pulled over by them. :P

Gamite
01-07-2002, 12:19 AM
I've never been harassed for my bluish bulbs, I even have bluish foglights.

Bliss
01-07-2002, 02:42 AM
I have hyper whites in the front, side markers and the rear, and never got hassled. I just don't use my turn signals at night if i see a cop behind me. Anyways i think i just jinxed myself.

JJ.
01-07-2002, 02:22 PM
brant and uppermidle! I've never seen I cop once pull someone over in burlington besides on the QE. Was the cop hiding out or was he behind you?

Matthew C Smith
01-08-2002, 01:59 PM
front plate mostly, no tickets yet.

Once on the 328is and 5 or 6 times on my old car ('67 Austin Healey Sprite)

Bliss
01-08-2002, 07:34 PM
front plate is the one i'm worried about.;)

Justin
01-09-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Bliss
I just don't use my turn signals at night if i see a cop behind me.

Hmmmm... Maybe it's just me, but if you don't use your turn signals while a cop is behind you isn't that asking for trouble more then having blue bulbs? Maybe I just misunderstood.

What if he pulled you over for not using your turn signal, and asked you why you didn't use it? Would you say, "Well, I didn't want you to see my illegal turn signal bulbs"? LOL :)

Justin

Bliss
01-09-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Justin

Hmmmm... Maybe it's just me, but if you don't use your turn signals while a cop is behind you isn't that asking for trouble more then having blue bulbs? Maybe I just misunderstood.

What if he pulled you over for not using your turn signal, and asked you why you didn't use it? Would you say, "Well, I didn't want you to see my illegal turn signal bulbs"? LOL :)

Justin
I see what you're saying Justin and it goes through my head each time i do it, but i would rather get pulled over for not signaling than to have my whole car checked out to see if there is anything else illegal on it.

Justin
01-09-2002, 11:12 PM
ahhh... Good point

azn330i
01-09-2002, 11:15 PM
I'm wondering......would cops pull you over for pumping BAD music too loud?? Sometimes, people play classical stuff really loud!! :rolleyes:

AzN_E46
01-09-2002, 11:40 PM
LOL..like who??
i could've just ask you right now instead of thru here....:rolleyes:

AzN_E46
01-09-2002, 11:46 PM
back on topic.....
do they pull you over even if you're pumping good music?? like loud enuf so that it can be heard from across hwy7??

Phantom
01-11-2002, 06:24 PM
Never been pulled over in the bimmer (Rhoda) but I always seem to have a cop in my rear view running my plate. They even go as far as coming 2 lanes over to swing in behind me. Maybe if I didn't wax my car so often......................

EMPOWERD
01-14-2002, 02:53 PM
Bliss,

If anyone knows about being pulled over, I think I deserve that title. My car is a rolling ticket. I've tried to "clean" the car up of any illegal reasons and I still get nailed for improper muffler. Went to court and faught it (and lost).

Always the same questions.... "is this car road leagal?".... "do you have Nitrous Oxide in here"....... "what kind of racing do you do, and what does it do in the quarter?"...... "do you have catalytics?".

I've gotten a ticket before for yellow bulbs (too many warnings on the blue ones) so now I''ve just got Xenon.

I've been warned about having a CLEAR license plate cover on (ANY cover is an obstruction).

Also got a ticket (no warnings either) for no front plate (had my German one on, and my Ontario on the dash)... went to court and won that as well as the yellow bulbs.

Never been caught for speeding though, or wheelies (do them all the time).

Just be careful, IMO it's not worth the hassle.... even if he lets you off with a warning, it's documented and the next cop will definetely nail you.

Gamite
01-14-2002, 05:45 PM
They document it? Cuz I was wondering about that, my friend bad mouth'd a cop once, and the second time he had an encounter the cop nailed him for everything. Do you think its because of the first encounter?

djc0ntra
01-14-2002, 06:13 PM
I've been pulled over for speeding and racing nuff times
and i've been forced by the law to buy a sedan with an auto tranny because of it (insurance reasons and so on..no joke).

Having your license plate on the dash wont get you pulled over, i did it for 4 years, but once you do get pulled over if the cop is power tripping they'll nail you for that too...$75 fine =/

for now i'll enjoy cruising in my 325iA for another year or so, then i can step back into my supercharge v8 fiero with an f355 body kit....i still sneak it out around my area sometimes late at night...oh how i wish i could drive it again... =(