PDA

View Full Version : X-brace, Hartge dampers, springs and sway bars, Bilstein dampers for E36 M3

Autotechnica
09-24-2004, 04:03 PM
Used for less than 2 years. They are made by Hartge and are very rare in North America. This came from number 43 Eurospec M3. I will need your stock suspension for exchange + cash.

Asking

Hartge sways - $400 + exchange (fits 91/10 E36, all E36 M3's)
Hartge springs and dampers - $600 + exchange
BMW OE X-brace - $220 + exchange (need the stock cross bar)
Brand new Bilstein SP eurospec M3 dampers - $900

SickFinga
09-24-2004, 05:24 PM
BMW OE X-brace - $220 + exchange (need the stock cross bar)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Justin e36
09-24-2004, 05:48 PM
interested in the x-brace.. but isn't it only $150 from the dealership brand new? or am I getting it mixed up with something else...?

Autotechnica
09-24-2004, 06:10 PM
interested in the x-brace.. but isn't it only $150 from the dealership brand new? or am I getting it mixed up with something else...?

$150 from the dealer? You wish!

$220 isn't that much for a practically new X-brace.

Bekkers sells them for $195USD, so I don't see how $220CDN is overpriced.

SickFinga
09-24-2004, 06:12 PM
190 something before tax
bimmerforums group buy was 85USD + 16USD shipping to canada
regular price 130US + 16USD shipping (new and comes with all hardware)

Autotechnica
09-24-2004, 06:21 PM
Ok, don't care about group buy prices because that's irrelevant. My friend just wants to get back a fraction of what he paid.

I'll talk to him about the price, but 190 from the dealer sounds way too cheap to me.

Justin e36
09-24-2004, 06:23 PM
ok.. I wasn't trying to put down your sale.. was just curious, as I am interested in getting an x-brace for my car.

Autotechnica
09-24-2004, 06:23 PM
ok.. I wasn't trying to put down your sale.. was just curious, as I am interested in getting an x-brace for my car.

NP, keep in mind these are not my prices. I'm just helping a friend out.

SickFinga
09-24-2004, 06:35 PM
Ok, don't care about group buy prices because that's irrelevant. My friend just wants to get back a fraction of what he paid.

I'll talk to him about the price, but 190 from the dealer sounds way too cheap to me.

Fraction?
Ask him how much he paid for it.

http://www.bimmerworld.com/onlinestoreframe.html (search "x brace")
http://aatuning.com/suspension/e36other.cfm
http://www.m3motorwerks.com/products/description.php/II=94/PA=0

Also Miguel bought used Xbrace from a member here less than a week ago for 100CND.

Autotechnica
09-24-2004, 06:38 PM
Fraction?
Ask him how much he paid for it.

http://www.bimmerworld.com/onlinestoreframe.html (search "x brace")
http://aatuning.com/suspension/e36other.cfm
http://www.m3motorwerks.com/products/description.php/II=94/PA=0

Also Miguel bought used Xbrace from a member here less than a week ago for 100CND.

Prices have probably gone down a lot. When I bought my first one almost 3 years ago they sold for $280+ tax at the dealer.

ClayMan
09-24-2004, 07:21 PM
What's the part number on those Bilsteins? I may be interested in the fronts if your friend is willing to sell those alone.

Waterwings
09-28-2004, 12:50 PM
150 is cost from the dealer

Autotechnica
09-28-2004, 01:00 PM
150 is cost from the dealer

What are you trying to say? That $150 is the dealers cost price?

I just called them right this minute (Autohaus) and they want $190 + tax.

Autotechnica
09-28-2004, 01:01 PM
What's the part number on those Bilsteins? I may be interested in the fronts if your friend is willing to sell those alone.

Sorry, missed your post there.

I'll get back to you and let you know what he wants to do.

regards,

Bry

Waterwings
09-28-2004, 11:03 PM
i've got the peice of paper here with my employee discount which is cost its 149

Autotechnica
09-28-2004, 11:31 PM
i've got the peice of paper here with my employee discount which is cost its 149

Ok that's nice, but I guess we aren't all employees?

I get free gatorade because my friend works at the packing plant, I guess that means supermarkets should give them away for free too then?

DINAN 3
09-29-2004, 01:59 AM
Autotechnica,

I'm offering C $100 for friend's X-Brace.....I know he won't be happy, but that's the going rate for a clean "used" one.
They currently sell on eBay for US $110 (+ US $15 Shipping) brand new.
That's about C $185 landed with taxes all in.....so I believe my offer is fair.

Let me know ASAP,

Marv.

Autotechnica
09-29-2004, 12:34 PM
NP, I've had a few offers. I'll let him know and tell you guys what he decides to do. Hopefully I can get a hold of him today.

Bry

Autotechnica
09-30-2004, 01:03 PM
Price drop for the M3 Bilstein SP's.

M3 Bilstein SP front struts - $450 front
M3 Bilstein SP rear shocks - $350 rear

Waterwings
09-30-2004, 01:09 PM
don't be a jackass man. I just letting you know what that 150 price is cause someone said it was that much. So pull your head out of your ass and don't be such an asshole

Rollie
09-30-2004, 01:16 PM
Recently bought one (x brace) for my DD @ $148 CAD form dealer w/ 15% discount.

Rollie

Autotechnica
09-30-2004, 01:21 PM
Ok guys, F*ck the X-brace, it's no longer for sale. You guys can't be friggin mature about it so forget it. This is the last time I'm going to say this. These aren't my prices, I don't care how much you can get them for now. He paid more than that when he first bought it. So he doesn't know how much they go for now, give the guy a break! I was going to talk to him about the price and see if he'd be willing to let it go for $100, but you guys won't lay off, so forget it.

Everything else excluding the X-brace is still for sale.

Autotechnica
09-30-2004, 02:09 PM
don't be a jackass man. I just letting you know what that 150 price is cause someone said it was that much. So pull your head out of your ass and don't be such an asshole

I'm not being a jackass. You're shitting on my thread and I honestly don't appreciate it. So unless you're making some kind of offer to everyone else on this board to hook them up for $150, I don't really see the point of you posting at all.

The way you said it, you made it seem like regular price was $150. You were misleading people into beleiving that I was ripping them off. Nice...

I paid $180 for a used x-brace 3 years ago, and back then it was a good price. I apologize if I don't go to the dealer every week to see how much an X-brace costs. But I did say I would contact my friend about lowering the price did I not? But now that I have to deal with this BS, I'm not even going to bother. I'm not making money, just helping a buddy out.

Waterwings
09-30-2004, 03:40 PM
interested in the x-brace.. but isn't it only $150 from the dealership brand new? or am I getting it mixed up with something else...? by justin e36
I wrote to clairfy for him
150 is cost from the dealer by waterwings.
I was letting hime know that cost is 150 from the dealer. incase you don't know cost is how much they pay for. which means i was just letting him know that 150 is waht the dealer pays. Then you got all defensive. I was not shitting on your theard i was simply letting him know 150 is what the dealer pays so read it twice before you freak out

Autotechnica
09-30-2004, 03:57 PM
interested in the x-brace.. but isn't it only $150 from the dealership brand new? or am I getting it mixed up with something else...? by justin e36
I wrote to clairfy for him
150 is cost from the dealer by waterwings.
I was letting hime know that cost is 150 from the dealer. incase you don't know cost is how much they pay for. which means i was just letting him know that 150 is waht the dealer pays. Then you got all defensive. I was not shitting on your theard i was simply letting him know 150 is what the dealer pays so read it twice before you freak out

The dealer pays $150 for the X-brace and sells it for 190? Wow, I guess BMW doesn't make as much as I thought they did. Stop talking BS man, it's obvious the whole point of your post was to prove that I was ripping people off. Why would anyone care how much you get the X-brace for because you're an employee? That has absolutely nothing to do with my asking price. Don't even try to tell me you were helping me out, because anyone who read that would think that with a BMWCC member discount, $150 is what they would pay. If you wanted to tell people that $150 was what the dealer's cost price was, that's what you would have said, but instead you tried to tell people that $150 is what "YOU" paid which states that you can get it cheaper than $190.

Anyways, I was defensive because I have a pretty good reputation for selling my used stuff on Max, I don't feel that it needs to be ruined. If you felt that my asking price was unresonable, that's fine. Tell me once and I said I will talk to my friend about it. There's no need to keep posting it (not just you) especially if you're not actually interested in the item.

It's no longer for sale so it doesn't matter.

Waterwings
09-30-2004, 04:58 PM
First off I did'nt come on here to ruin your sale I think that it is a good sale considering the prices fromt he dealer for the x-brace I just simply was trying to let Jusin know that !50 is cost from the dealer that was it. I don'tk now about you but i have better stuff to do with my free time than sit on here and try to ruin someones reputation for selling things. The reason I orginally opened the thread was to see how much you wanted for the springs. Oh and I just got off the phone with my friend Russel who works in parts and he just looked it up for me. Cost is $137 and reg is $227. Just so we can settle that. And again was just letting know Justin that it was cost. Come down off your high horse buddy I'm not out to "get yo" or ruin your sale. WAS a curious buyer

Autotechnica
09-30-2004, 05:14 PM
First off I did'nt come on here to ruin your sale I think that it is a good sale considering the prices fromt he dealer for the x-brace I just simply was trying to let Jusin know that !50 is cost from the dealer that was it. I don'tk now about you but i have better stuff to do with my free time than sit on here and try to ruin someones reputation for selling things. The reason I orginally opened the thread was to see how much you wanted for the springs. Oh and I just got off the phone with my friend Russel who works in parts and he just looked it up for me. Cost is $137 and reg is $227. Just so we can settle that. And again was just letting know Justin that it was cost. Come down off your high horse buddy I'm not out to "get yo" or ruin your sale. WAS a curious buyer

Ok that's fine, but you didn't make any enquires about the springs? If regular is $227, then Im guessing my price of $220 is a bit pricey, but not outrageous. Thank you for clearing that up. However, I was just saying many people would have misinterpreted what you had said in your first post. I know I did.

I apologize to you if it was not your intention to ruin my thread. It just seemed that way to me.

And to the rest of you who just seem to be throwing out prices out of nowhere. Please do some research before you post.

Bry

Waterwings
09-30-2004, 05:16 PM
:D glad everything is cleared up and I would like to apolgize if it came off that way. sorry
peace