PDA

View Full Version : Mitch 555 angel eyes???

M3speed
09-19-2004, 08:15 PM
does anyone know which website Mitch555 bought his angel eyes from??? They are by far the best angel eyes i've seen, he told me the website but i can't remember. He told me that it is one of maxbimmers sponsors. I need a set for my M3. Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Quack
09-19-2004, 09:09 PM
you should definitely pick them up, I also think they are the best AE out there

SickFinga
09-19-2004, 09:19 PM
www.umnitza.com

Justin e36
09-20-2004, 12:06 AM
umnitza has lots of different types of angels in stock. I bought some parts from them individually to design / create my own style of AE's. Send Mitch a PM to find out which ones he has before buying from Umnitza...

Take care,
J

SickFinga
09-20-2004, 12:10 AM
He has DDE Lightning Plus(or enchanced it comes with a cover that goes on top of the rings to look like oem)

app
09-20-2004, 12:11 AM
The one night he told me they were the Plus from Umnitza.

M3speed
09-20-2004, 05:34 AM
thanks a lot guys!! i am going to check them out!

Mitch555
09-20-2004, 11:09 AM
does anyone know which website Mitch555 bought his angel eyes from??? They are by far the best angel eyes i've seen, he told me the website but i can't remember. He told me that it is one of maxbimmers sponsors. I need a set for my M3. Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Hey!

I sent you a PM with the link to the exact ones I have. *th-up*

EricE330ci
09-20-2004, 12:15 PM
Matt at Umnitzza *th-up*

He has had 14+ sales in the local GTA area because of us E46's so far :eek:

M3speed
09-20-2004, 03:36 PM
sweet! thanks Mitch555, those are sick lights!! i'm picking them up for sure! if anyone wants to check them out, here ya go

http://www.umnitza.com/product_info.php?currency=CAD&cPath=24_35_46&products_id=123&osCsid=0fef80bbc51ce130327505dbba9f6737

Justin e36
09-20-2004, 07:27 PM
thanks for the link! .. lightning plus are awesome DDE's... very bright. My angel's are awesome at night.. but in the sunlight they are washed out which sucks... I think it's the Celis rings I used. I typically turn them on around 6pm or so...

EricE330ci
09-21-2004, 07:50 AM
If anybody wants to buy from Matt at Umnitzza, PM me for group buy prices. *wave*

MP328
09-21-2004, 01:56 PM
i'm gonna have to jump on this ship too. the only thing i wasnt gonna buy it till next year, since i drive my car in the winter time. so i'm still thinking should i shouldn't i.

think the prices will change buy next spring??

EricE330ci
09-21-2004, 02:08 PM
The way they are selling on E46Fanatics and now here in Toronto, Umnitzza is selling them no problem. The remote mods are also hard to keep in stock. I think the prices will stay the same for the full kit.

SickFinga
09-21-2004, 02:22 PM
MP328, do not bother getting them now, when days gonna get colder, they'll work like shit. Unless there is some kind of deal going on, i wouldnt bother.
thats a pure summer mod.

Mitch555
09-21-2004, 02:33 PM
MP328, do not bother getting them now, when days gonna get colder, they'll work like shit. Unless there is some kind of deal going on, i wouldnt bother.
thats a pure summer mod.

I remember us having this convo before I put mine on. I turned them on a few times at night when the weather was cold around the +10 mark and they lit up like a champ. I think you got faked up ones. :D Cuz lots of people told me that mine are brighter than yours too (but we have the same ones)! Or maybe Umnitza upgraded the rings to newer ones and they never told their customers. :confused: Who knows!

SickFinga
09-21-2004, 02:37 PM
Mitch, you will see, believe me.

wanna put $50 to make this interesting? :P

ohh and if you say they are brighter? sorry to burst your bubbles, they are not :) Ive seen 4 sets of DDE Lightning Plus (enchanced) aslo LLAE they are all the same.
LLAE just got a little less blue in them.

MP328
09-21-2004, 03:27 PM
looks like im gonna wait, cuz the GB is for the rings only not for the whole headlights, so next spring is the due date :D . should have some more money too buy that time since the car is FINALLY paid off now :D

Mitch555
09-21-2004, 04:30 PM
Mitch, you will see, believe me.

wanna put $50 to make this interesting? :P

ohh and if you say they are brighter? sorry to burst your bubbles, they are not :) Ive seen 4 sets of DDE Lightning Plus (enchanced) aslo LLAE they are all the same.
LLAE just got a little less blue in them.

First off... I don't doubt that your headlights do what you say they do. I believe you. Why would you lie about something that isn't a good thing? lol So therfore there is no bet.

Secondly... I never said that my headlights were better than yours hence you saying "Burst your bubble". I did not come off as trying to be cocky dickhead about my angel eyes whatsoever. I couldn't care less about impressing people with what is on my car. I do it all for myself. I said that other Max members that had seen your car, then they saw my car and that they had said that they were brighter than yours for some odd reason. I said this because I was using it as a comparison to the fact that your angel eye headlights were acting differently in comparison to mine when they are both the exact same ones! *wave*

I'll have to see yours in person to judge it myself to see if mine are brighter. But bottom line is I don't care if mine are brighter or not. I just thought it was odd how your were doing that. ;)

SickFinga
09-21-2004, 04:49 PM
I was betting on that yours will do the same thing.

I was bursting your bubbles jokingly, not trying to say that you were talking shit about them. Im glad with me new AE and i wouldnt want them any brighter anyway since they would reflect all over the housing.

Im just saying, they are the same and work the same. In fact any CCFL light bulb would not illuminate full way when its cold.
Trust me, you will notice that really soon.

Mitch555
09-21-2004, 06:13 PM
I was betting on that yours will do the same thing.

I was bursting your bubbles jokingly, not trying to say that you were talking shit about them. Im glad with me new AE and i wouldnt want them any brighter anyway since they would reflect all over the housing.

Im just saying, they are the same and work the same. In fact any CCFL light bulb would not illuminate full way when its cold.
Trust me, you will notice that really soon.

*th-up* I'll check them out at Bimmercruise! I'll prolly store my car after that anywayz. So I won't be worrying too much bout how much they lights up. There is no point in sporting my car any longer than that. The weather is becoming shittier and shittier. Stupid Canadian Weather! :mad:

MP328
09-22-2004, 03:42 AM
i feel like posting a picture

i never saw vlad's angel eyes, but maybe the reason people says mitch's r brighter is cuz his car is black and only seems to be brighter but really isn't
:confused:

anyways i said it before ur signals suckkkkk, do something about that makes the whole front look bad.

Mitch555
09-22-2004, 12:03 PM
anyways i said it before ur signals suckkkkk, do something about that makes the whole front look bad.

Thatz funny cuz just 10 min ago I was thinking what I could do with the turning signal bulbs to change them. I was told by a member that I could use an LED bulb. It'll be smaller lighting but atleast it will look more or less the same colour as the angel eyes colour. Who was the member at my meet with the Maroon Intrepid? He told me where I could pick some up.

SickFinga
09-22-2004, 12:15 PM
Mitch, do what I did 15min ago.

A bulb in your corner got 2 contacts.
1 for signaling and 1 for daytime runners.
so put a tape over that day time runner connector and they wont be on all the time.

Justin e36
09-22-2004, 03:49 PM
indeed they take time to warm up in the cold. the gases in the tubing have difficulty starting up in the cold. The other downfall to them is that they will eventually burn-out.. (like any neon sign or flourescent light bulb). But the install is so clean on them, I love it. I haven't seen either of your cars so I can't really comment... but I'm assuming Vlad is right, they're the same intensity since they have the same elements inside them.

M3speed
09-23-2004, 10:22 PM
ok i just read all those threads and have to say that Mitch's angel eyes rock!!! i just ordered the same ones for my M3 on Umniza!!!!!!! can't wait to get them!!!!!!! sweet

SickFinga
09-24-2004, 01:12 AM
M3speed, just wondering, do you have ellipsoid headlights?

M3speed
09-24-2004, 06:43 PM
u mean installed on my car right now?? right now i only have the stock lights, dont think their ellipsoids

SickFinga
09-24-2004, 06:45 PM
M3Speed, then DDE Lightning Plus wont work.
You need euro spec headlights first

M3speed
09-24-2004, 06:56 PM
hmmm i actually asked umnitza about that, they told me it should work, the dde puls on their site is under the following category

BMW M E36 M3 ('95-'99) E36DDL

u sure they won't work?

SickFinga
09-24-2004, 08:03 PM
well they will work, the problem is, that it is pretty much impossible to take US SPEC headlight apart without damaging it.

Mitch555
09-24-2004, 09:15 PM
well they will work, the problem is, that it is pretty much impossible to take US SPEC headlight apart without damaging it.

I think he's buying the same angel eyes as us. That would be a straight swap. Why would it be such a problem? :confused:

SickFinga
09-24-2004, 09:20 PM
He has US SPEC lights, we got ZKW. Like I said, its pretty much impossible to take them apart without damaging them

Mitch555
09-24-2004, 09:22 PM
He has US SPEC lights, we got ZKW. Like I said, its pretty much impossible to take them apart without damaging them

I had US Spec headlights on my car too. I now have these Angel Eyes put on. I still don't get why it won't work.

SickFinga
09-24-2004, 09:28 PM
Mitch, you gotta be shitting me.

its pretty much impossible to take them apart without damaging them

Mitch555
09-24-2004, 09:31 PM
Mitch, you gotta be shitting me.

its pretty much impossible to take them apart without damaging them

They come pre-assembled!!!!

What makes you think that he has to cut anything in the first place?

SickFinga
09-24-2004, 09:34 PM
Pre-assembled in what?

He said he ordering angel eyes only

Mitch555
09-24-2004, 09:37 PM
Pre-assembled in what?

He said he ordering angel eyes only

From what I understood he is getting new replacement headlights WITH the AE's in them.

He even posted this on page 1:

sweet! thanks Mitch555, those are sick lights!! i'm picking them up for sure! if anyone wants to check them out, here ya go

http://www.umnitza.com/product_info.php?currency=CAD&cPath=24_35_46&products_id=123&osCsid=0fef80bbc51ce130327505dbba9f6737

SickFinga
09-24-2004, 09:40 PM
hmmmm, i didnt click on the link, i thought he was only interested in the angel eyes.
Thats why I said they wont fit in his us spec lights.

Mitch555
09-24-2004, 09:43 PM
hmmmm, i didnt click on the link, i thought he was only interested in the angel eyes.
Thats why I said they wont fit in his us spec lights.

Ahhh... I see!! It's all good. Just a small misunderstanding!!! M3Speed was probably scared, cuz he already ordered them and you were telling him that they would not work!!! :D

M3speed
09-25-2004, 05:44 PM
pphhhhheeewwwwwwwwww...... sickfinga you had me worried man!! lol it was a misunderstanding, i am ordering the complete set with angel eyes in them, not just the angel eyes.. sorry for the misunderstanding, i was starting to worry! thanks guys!

sloveniaboy
09-25-2004, 06:17 PM
pphhhhheeewwwwwwwwww...... sickfinga you had me worried man!! lol it was a misunderstanding, i am ordering the complete set with angel eyes in them, not just the angel eyes.. sorry for the misunderstanding, i was starting to worry! thanks guys!

wow, if you don't mind....how much are paying for the kit shipped?

M3speed
09-25-2004, 06:25 PM
$800 with shipping costs, i know i'll most likely have to pay customs fees but we'll see, here's the link:

http://www.umnitza.com/product_info.php?currency=USD&cPath=24_35_46&products_id=123&osCsid=0fef80bbc51ce130327505dbba9f6737