PDA

View Full Version : new - OMP billet aluminum hood pins

Autotechnica
09-19-2004, 04:32 PM
I have a set of these which are brand new. I was going to use them on my CF hood, but I decided not to. Anyways, they are made in Italy and very good quality. They are clear coated billet aluminum, very light.

Asking $60 firm. Sells for $110 + tax.

I opened the package just to see how they work, but never used them, they are new.

Bry

Autotechnica
09-19-2004, 04:34 PM
2nd pic - closeup

mpower1226
09-20-2004, 01:27 AM
2nd pic - closeup

why are you selling these, do matter what they say, you need the hood pin for cf hood. I dont like them personally but I had to put them on.

Autotechnica
09-20-2004, 09:50 AM
The stock pins seem to work ok for now. I'm just not up to the task of drilling holes into my hood.

Bry

Bruno
09-20-2004, 05:31 PM
I will give you 50Cdn for the set....

Autotechnica
09-20-2004, 05:36 PM
I will give you 50Cdn for the set....

SOLD, can you meet me somewhere this time? Maybe off weston rd or islington?

thanks,

Bry

mpower1226
09-21-2004, 01:23 AM
The stock pins seem to work ok for now. I'm just not up to the task of drilling holes into my hood.

Bry

I personally know a person who had the cf hood and it flew open on highway. luckly it only cracked the front winshild and nothing major.

Autotechnica
09-21-2004, 11:39 AM
I personally know a person who had the cf hood and it flew open on highway. luckly it only cracked the front winshild and nothing major.

Maybe it was poor quality? I've seen some pretty poorly made ones on Honda's where you could actually seperate the frame and the hood with your fingers. The molding was probably poorly done and epoxy not properly applied.

On mine, the frame is directly molded to the rest of the hood, no gaps. I can't see how the hood would fly off as the latches/pins are screwed onto a female threaded screw also molded to the hood. It mounts pretty much like the stock hood does. If you're friend's hood latches were mounted with self-tapping screws, that might explain a lot. I could see that without the support of having a threaded screw on the inside, just putting a screw right into the fiber wouldn't hold at all.

thanks for the heads up anyways,

Bry

Autotechnica
09-28-2004, 10:37 PM
bump

thinair
09-28-2004, 10:53 PM
why are you selling these, do matter what they say, you need the hood pin for cf hood. I dont like them personally but I had to put them on.

Unless you're using a really crappy hood, or one without provisions for the stock latches, you don't need pins, unless you want the look.

I won't doubt someones hood opened though, I've seen some of the crappier hoods, the latches barely even line up with latch on the frame.

Plus, keeping in mind that BMW's have two hood latches, not just one in the middle.....

mpower1226
09-29-2004, 02:37 AM
Unless you're using a really crappy hood, or one without provisions for the stock latches, you don't need pins, unless you want the look.

I won't doubt someones hood opened though, I've seen some of the crappier hoods, the latches barely even line up with latch on the frame.

Plus, keeping in mind that BMW's have two hood latches, not just one in the middle.....

well, I wouldnt call it a crappy hood, it was pretty tightly made with skeletons molded on to the hood and properly alligned latches. Still happened and it was one of our board's member. I wouldnt give his name but his car was very well done using all the quality parts.

well.. it was just a headup anyway. *wave*

Autotechnica
09-29-2004, 11:52 AM

What did you think of the quality of my hood when you saw it on Friday nights meet? Do you think I'll have any problems?

Autotechnica
09-29-2004, 11:54 AM
By the way, buyer backed out. Hood pins still for sale.

$50!

thinair
09-29-2004, 06:06 PM
What did you think of the quality of my hood when you saw it on Friday nights meet? Do you think I'll have any problems?

I didn't really look at it closely, plus it was dark.

Autotechnica
09-30-2004, 08:57 PM
bump