PDA

View Full Version : Suspension work: random fuming

BigD
09-04-2004, 07:47 PM
Gawd, I hate suspension work. Gotta do all springs/shocks on the M5 tomorrow. Just finished doing the fronts on my dad's Odyssey. I'm used to being able to remount the springs by simply pushing down on the bearing and having someone put the nut on. Only problem is this spring is designed to support the front of a minivan. I put the strut assembly against a wall so I wouldn't fall, and hanged on top of it with my complete bodyweight. And it was a half inch short. That's just not focking right. So I got my dad to climb on my shoulders, I hung on top of the strut bearing while my mom tightened the nut. Good solid max effort bench workout! *th-up*

Frig, gotta do it 4 more times tomorrow. At least I know I'll sleep like a baby tonight.

Oh and GOD BLESS AIRTOOLS!!! If it wasn't for them, I'd still be working on one side.

T.Dot_E30
09-04-2004, 08:06 PM
ya man who needs a sping compressor.

good luck with ur car, i'd help but im busy tomar plus i got work

BigD
09-04-2004, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the offer man, but it takes a special kind of person to stand me when working on shit like this. I'm normally a calm person with a long fuse, but once that fuse runs out I become a flaming asshole. I don't know how my dad can stand me.

Yeah I've got Charlie's spring compressor but the van springs are SOOO long that even when you compress the reachable coils as much as you can, it's still not enough, you need one of those big hydraulic deals. Well ok I could have tried harder with the compressor, but I wasn't about to be defeated by a nut. I can't be beat, and I won't be beat, cause I'm the best.

Mystikal
09-04-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by BigD
I put the strut assembly against a wall so I wouldn't fall, and hanged on top of it with my complete bodyweight. And it was a half inch short. That's just not focking right. So I got my dad to climb on my shoulders, I hung on top of the strut bearing while my mom tightened the nut.

That is the most badass suspension install I have ever heard of. *th-up*