PDA

View Full Version : Side marker E36 question

Autotechnica
07-08-2002, 01:56 PM
Hey guys,

I just intalled an OEM clear side marker w/ amber bulb. I was just wondering if the side marker light is supposed to be on all the time? The darn thing gets pretty hot and I hope I wierd it correctly. I wired it to the front turn signals and the side marker still blinks on and off when its supposed to, just that I'm worried its not supposed to be on all the time. Can someone please confirm this? The side marker is using a signal filiment bulb, is it supposed to use a double filiment?

Thanks,

Bryan

WASABI
07-08-2002, 03:30 PM
Mine are off. DaveM3's too. They only go "ON" when I use the turn signal.

When you say they stay ON all the time, you mean when you turn the parking lights ON, or you mean like DRL?

You may have wired it to the turn signal that goes ON when the parking lights are switched ON.

DaveM3
07-08-2002, 03:39 PM
Yup,
What Saj said :D

Autotechnica
07-08-2002, 05:22 PM
Thanks guys, I rewired and fixed the problem. :)

Bryan

WASABI
07-08-2002, 06:23 PM
inquiring minds would like to know...*wiggle*

Autotechnica
07-08-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by saj328
inquiring minds would like to know...*wiggle*

The turn signal has 3 wires. 2 for controlling the 1 filiments blinkers on and off. The 3rd wire controls the double filiments 1 filiment on or both filiment on stages. I know it sounds kinda confusing but I really can't explain it without showing you. Anyways I just rewired it to the 3rd wire instead of the 2nd and it worked just fine.

Bryan

Gamite
07-08-2002, 09:12 PM
Kewl, got it fixed. *th-up*