PDA

View Full Version : Need help fixing fog light fast.

OILERS
08-30-2004, 12:22 PM
On my way to work this morning i ran over some debris on the highway. when i got to work i noticed my driver side foglight popped out. i can't seem to put it back into place. any tips on how to put it back in place. i noticed on the top left corner of the car, where the fog light is supposed to go in, there is a little latch that moves left to right. i'm assuming this is supposed to lock it in place. how can i put the foglight back in

Justin e36
08-30-2004, 12:25 PM
your foglight bracket is broken. it SHOULD just clip in when you push it in.

There is a small plastic tab connected to the foglight bracket mechanism in the top corner (which you mentioned) which broke off. You have most of the mechanism there.. except the part which locks into the foglight.

For now just unplug the foglight and keep it in your trunk.

Get a new foglight bracket and swap them.. only 1 screw holding it in place. Easy to change... plug in your new fog + pop it in... and away you go!

If you need more detail, just let me know..

J

OILERS
08-30-2004, 12:31 PM
thanks Justin e36. you are right, a piece did break of that plastic tab.

app
08-30-2004, 01:06 PM
if you take off your front bumper, you can just drill that broken plastic piece out, and then replace it with a screw. That's if you don't want to get a new bracket. :)

Justin e36
08-30-2004, 01:49 PM
app... It's a different plastic piece we're talking about I believe.

You're talking about the plastic nipple which goes into a hole on the bumper itself, correct? (on the extreme outer parts of the bumper)?

The part which broke on his foglight bracket is very very small... just a tiny little plastic piece which clips into a tiny notch on the foglight...

app
08-30-2004, 05:17 PM
ohhh I see what you're talking about. Yeah, I'm talking about the extremes of the bracket.