PDA

View Full Version : Double Lock no longer works??!

Justin e36
08-23-2004, 09:46 PM
My double lock no longer works... I turn the key into the double lock position and nothing at all. I fixed my drivers side window yesterday and had my drivers door panel off.. possibly made one of the wires loose? ... I dunno.. it's weird. At least it stopped working with the doors open! ... but what could the problem be??

Which circuit/fuse is the double lock on?

J

325iSBimmer
08-23-2004, 09:56 PM
same thing happened to my car....
i took the door apart and theres 3 plugs that use 2 wires each right by the door handle.
one of the wires that controlled the double locking had broken and come apart from the plug.. i soldered it back together and it worked like a charm..

good luck

Justin e36
08-23-2004, 10:23 PM
that's exactly what I'm thinking happened.. :( .. the three white plugs on the left.

ugh... how'd you soldier it in the door?.. is it removable?

Justin e36
08-24-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by 325iSBimmer
same thing happened to my car....
i took the door apart and theres 3 plugs that use 2 wires each right by the door handle.
one of the wires that controlled the double locking had broken and come apart from the plug.. i soldered it back together and it worked like a charm..

good luck

Do you remember which plug it was?.. 1 2 or 3 ? ...

I took my panel off last night around 1am at the local car wash to try to figure out what's wrong with it... all the wires were fine... inspected everything, made sure everything was properly plugged in... no problems. Still won't work.

Put it all back together, got home... and they're working again. So I have a feeling it's break in a wire. But what happens if it decided to disconnect while my double locks are on? ... Yeah, big problems then... I'm basically screwed then.

So I want to replace the whole plug connectors and all the wires for the double locks.. just need to know which connector it is!

Thanks / J

325iSBimmer
08-24-2004, 08:05 PM
When I had my problem I was still able to double lock the doors from the passenger side. So i the break in your car is in the driver dorr than just that one wont work but the passenger door will still operate everything. If that isnt the case then that means the break in the wire is somewhere more central.

so, if your double locks stop working on the drivers dorr while its double locked you should still be able to get the pass door to open and DL all the doors..

that was the case with me anyways..

as far as which plug it is i can remember but yes i did doi while still in the car...

Justin e36
08-24-2004, 09:26 PM
thanks for the info... my double locks stopped on both doors... hmm.. I'll have to look into this a little more in depth!

Thanks for the good info.. you saved me lots of time!

J