PDA

View Full Version : E36 Carbonfiber hood

ChahalzBMR
08-23-2004, 12:33 PM
What do you think of this?? It's on for a pretty cheap price...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7917404827&category=33646

RevShoT
08-23-2004, 01:37 PM
0 feedback rating... carefull when placing that much cash upfront to sumone no buddy knows....

if hes a local try and goto the shop

SkycityBMW
08-23-2004, 04:04 PM
Doesn't look Carbon Fiber . . . . . looks kinda dark . . . Pshop . . lol

Ryousuke
08-23-2004, 04:51 PM
If Item is located in Canada how come its more expensive to ship it withing Canada then states?
wtf?! I paid like 9 bucks for an item that was like 2metres long like 1/2m wide weight close to a kilo and it got to the buyer insured in 3 days O_O and I even got a Tracking number with it O_O

Nascar318is
08-23-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Ryousuke
wtf?! I paid like 9 bucks for a kilo and it got to me in 3 days O_O and I even had a Tracking number with it O_O

*Cough*NArc*Cough* do you work with BMW2nv, the speed cop??

Man so many under covers on here...
:P

Seriously what is the deal with the shipping???? $100+ dollars for the hood shipping in USD....

*uzi*

Understated
08-23-2004, 05:11 PM
not worth it

RevShoT
08-23-2004, 07:55 PM
they sell the item cheep and make money off the shipping

M50E30
08-23-2004, 09:50 PM
I can get an E36 VIS CF hood through work.....for you (about) $849+tx. *th-up*

If your interested. Let me know so I can get you an exact price!

ChahalzBMR
08-23-2004, 09:58 PM
Yeah the shipping price is fishy!? I jused posted this because it looks like one of Max's members car...mpower325 or something. He use to have a blue car and then got it painted to like a pearl white I think?:confused:
The car on this e-bay looks exactly like his....
I'm looking for a hood but not sure if I should keep my old one or just buy carbon fiber...weight reduction....

ChahalzBMR
08-24-2004, 12:34 PM
Sorry it's mpower1226

Justin e36
08-24-2004, 12:49 PM
it's not fishy. that's how eBay works. You underprice the product itself to make it look like a better deal and make up for the difference in shipping charges. As a seller you can define any shipping price you wish. Happens a lot... always best to buy local and pick it up.

Also.. be careful with which CF hood you put on. Cheaper brands are prone to breaking, bad fitament and warping in the sun...

mpower1226
08-24-2004, 06:34 PM
im not gonna go into details, but if you are planning on cheaping out on the hood, you will regret for the money/time/effort you would spend on the car.

-The hood will have two washer squirt holes already drilled but not proper fit which you will be required to redrill it and silicone glue the squirts.

-The hood will not be a bolt on, it *may* look like all the required holes are there but when its time to actually try on, not thing I mean nothing will fit. Another hour job of redrilling all the holes.

-The clear coat no the hood is very shitty like you will be asking WTF? some half assed cleatcoat job(the cf itself will be pretty good though)

-the actuall size of the hood is lil smaller then oem so that when you try to align it, it will not line up. you will be left with one side gab bigger then other side.

- and you will be needing a pair of hood pins as it is not very i mean scary to move around without it.

and now for my car, mine was repainted to atlas grey metalic.
(if any maxbimmer is looking to get the bodywork/repaint done let me know, I could hook you up with myguy for good deal)
*th-up*

Ryousuke
08-24-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Nascar318is
*Cough*NArc*Cough* do you work with BMW2nv, the speed cop??

Man so many under covers on here...
:P

Seriously what is the deal with the shipping???? $100+ dollars for the hood shipping in USD....

*uzi*

dammit I didn't mean to reveal my identity >< and I guess I was on that kilo when I wrote that ><

what I ment to say is I shipped an item that weight like a kilogram and the shipping still was 9$ with insurance and tracking number.... even though CF hood will weigh more and is bigger there is no way in hell shipping will be no more then 100$ around Canada...

ChahalzBMR
08-24-2004, 07:54 PM
I'm not looking to buy that hood....I'm gonna buy it from m50e30 when I have a grand to spend.

Justin e36
08-24-2004, 08:39 PM
do you really want the weight difference?... or just a carbon fibre look?.. you can always get a CF overlay (basically a sticker/decal) which goes over your hood... but to be honest, it'd look nearly identical if you throw a clear-coat over it.

Jordan
08-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Justin e36
you can always get a CF overlay (basically a sticker/decal) which goes over your hood. it'd look nearly identical if you throw a clear-coat over it.

Holy hell I hope you are kidding. "CF" decals do not even remotely look like the real thing.

ChahalzBMR
08-24-2004, 09:38 PM
I'm looking for weight reduction...