PDA

View Full Version : Red light cameras are up and running

DunDan
08-23-2004, 10:21 AM
Got this in an email:

Just a quick heads up that the new Red Light Camera's are up and running.

Below are the intersections that have them installed.

Take a look below for any intersections that may be on your path to or from

work and take it easy. If it takes a picture of you in violation you could
get a $190.00 fine in the mail.

>> >Finch Ave & Kipling Ave
>> >Dixon Rd & Islington Ave
>> >Dixon Rd & Martin Grove Rd
>> >Eglinton Ave & Martin Grove Rd
>> >The Queensway & Royal York Rd
>> >Finch Ave & Weston Rd
>> >Finch Ave & Jane St
>> >Dufferin St & Steeles Ave
>> >Allen Rd & Sheppard Ave
>> >Bathurst St & Finch Ave
>> >Weston Rd & Lawrence Ave
>> >Dundas St & Keele St
>> >Dufferin St & Eglinton Ave
>> >Dufferin St & St Clair Ave
>> >Yonge St & Eglinton Ave
>> >Yonge St & York Mills Rd
>> >Dufferin St & Bloor St
>> >Bloor St & Bathurst St
>> >University Ave & Gerrard St
>> >Yonge St Steeles Ave
>> >Yonge St Finch Ave
>> >Finch Ave & Don Mills Rd
>> >Eglinton Ave & Don Mills Rd
>> >Yonge St & Wellesley St
>> >Lakeshore Blvd E/B & Yonge St
>> >Yonge St & Richmond St
>> >Danforth Ave & Broadview Ave
>> >St Clair & Victoria Park Ave
>> >Lawrence Ave & Victoria Park Ave
>> >Eglinton Ave & Pharmacy Ave
>> >Eglinton Ave & Markham Rd
>> >Lawrence Ave & Warden Ave
>> >Ellesmere Rd & Brimley Rd
>> >Ellesmere Rd & Markham Rd
>> >Lawrence Ave & Markham Rd
>> >Steeles Ave & Warden Ave
>> >Brimley Rd & Huntingwood Dr
>> >Kingston Rd & Morningside Ave
>>
>>Send this information to your friends

Gamite
08-23-2004, 10:30 AM
they've been running for a while now no?

the intersection list is good to know.. thx!

DunDan
08-23-2004, 10:37 AM
I only knew of a couple old red light cameras that were running from before at Yonge & Steeles and Brimley & Huntingwood. Now there are so many!

Understated
08-23-2004, 12:10 PM
DAAAAAMIT....tahts like my whole route to school covered..lol :(

blah...oh well i take ttc most of the time anyway

Mystikal
08-23-2004, 12:11 PM
I've had the same list for over a year now, pretty sure I got it off maX, too.

koncise
08-23-2004, 12:14 PM
got a crazy idea..... dont run red lights ?

EstorilM3
08-23-2004, 12:17 PM
No problem there.
I hope every intersection gets them.
OTOH, photo radar sucks, AND it's coming soon to your neighbourhood courtesy of those thieving liers, the Liberals.

Understated
08-23-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by koncise
got a crazy idea..... dont run red lights ?

where's the adventure in that?:D j/k

johnoz
08-23-2004, 01:32 PM
OK those who had this in the past before, how do you know you get caught? Is there a flash of the camera or something?

I am asking since it will be a pita to make left turn on major intersections from now on if this list is a valid one.

Quack
08-23-2004, 01:40 PM
yes there is a flash, a very bright one at that, my question is how fast do I have to drive for the red light camera to screw up?

punnzzells
08-23-2004, 01:42 PM
My girlfriend's brother got nailed and the fine is a $190.00... but... it;s BULLSH*T!!

the city only wants $$, they really do not care about safety cuz if they did, then they would have the tickets go to your insurance and to your liscence....

this is actually illegal under the Canadian Constitution.... you have the right to a trial if you want one prior to conviction...

we all know that photo radar is coming so , get the clear cloat high gloss paint and cover up your plate from corner to corner...

F them! We pay enough !!

Mike.

punnzzells
08-23-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Quack
yes there is a flash, a very bright one at that, my question is how fast do I have to drive for the red light camera to screw up?

not fast at all...

in the mail, my girlfiend had the photo b4 her brother went over the line and then a second after he went over the line... he was only creeping up .... he did not go through.

Mike

EstorilM3
08-23-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Quack

It's not a question of how fast you're going for the camera to snap a picture of you.

It's a question of you entering the intersection on red, and leaving on red.

If you enter on yellow, but leave on red, picture will not be taken.

No reason, NONE WHATSOEVER for anyone to enter the intersection if the light is red. Anyone doing it, should be immediatelly shot on the spot, IMO.

Now, if you're asking how fast do you have to drive for the camera to miss you, then that's a whole 'nother matter, but IMO, you should be shot anyways for entering on red.

Jon@Bimmersport
08-23-2004, 01:53 PM
wat if u go sideways? ;)

Understated
08-23-2004, 01:58 PM
ohhh shiat..so wait if i enter during a yellow and exit on a red i'm good?....WTF

i've always been so paranoid when i do that...lol

so i guess i've never ran a redlight then :)

Quack
08-23-2004, 02:02 PM
you guys are misunderstanding my question, the camera can only take a clear detail picture if the car is going a certain speed, what if I was going 180km through the intersection, would it be able to take the pic correctly

takeshi
08-23-2004, 02:12 PM
^ 5th gear did a test with that, I dont remember the number but yes if you are going like reeeallly fast the camera will take a picture of nothing

EL'ation
08-23-2004, 02:20 PM
ummmm don't run red.
I've only ran it once when I was following people but either than that you have plenty of time to stop when it turns Yellow.

M3speed
08-23-2004, 04:19 PM
someone may have said this already (too lazy to read all the posts) lol

If you do get a red light camera ticket, it's so easy to beat in court, the ticket is mailed out to the registered owner of the car. I got one before and the ticket was addressed to my dad cause he's the registered owner. My dad went to court and told him he wasn't driving the car that day. No way they could prove otherwise. The camera only takes a picture of the licence plate.

punnzzells
08-23-2004, 04:31 PM
really.... and did you dad have to pay court costs?

Mike

M3speed
08-23-2004, 04:57 PM
no, no payments maybe i was lucky but that was my experience with red light cameras, could be different now

Mystikal
08-24-2004, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
wat if u go sideways? ;)

Now you're talkin'.

M3ti Compact
08-24-2004, 04:10 PM
It's only when you enter the intersection on a red light and go through is it considered running the red. If it's yellow, then it's not running the red.

The cameras have a 1/2 second grace period...you got that long after the light turns red before it starts snapping pics...this is to prevent borderline cases.

However, a cop can still give you a ticket if you enter on yellow and don't clear the intersection before it turns red- this all depends on the kind of car your driving- if you drive a way cool souped up car that the cop knows they will never have, you'll most likely get a ticket.

paul christians
08-24-2004, 08:15 PM
TOO FAST THEY ARE RATED FOR 200kmph

djcontra
08-24-2004, 08:23 PM
I dont see what the big deal is. If you drive through a red light, you deserve to be fined for being an idiot. *th-up*

SeRb
08-24-2004, 09:31 PM
OMG THAT MEANS I CANT T-BONE INNOCENT DRIVERS ANYMORE

WHO HAS TIME FOR THE BRAKE PEDAL THESE DAYS ANYWAYS?!?!?!