PDA

View Full Version : July Meet For All Gta Clubs/teams...maxbimmer Your Invited!

MAZDA KID
07-05-2002, 01:56 PM
I am hosting a meet on july 20th, location is yet to be decided upon. We would like to extend an invitation to girl tech racing to represent your team in full force and attend this meet, we are hoping for it to exceed those that attended the KK meet. We would like you to attend this meet after you finish up with your meet.

the following are clubs i am part or have posted info on.

1) toronto street racing
2) toronto civic club
3) toronto prelude club
4) mx6.com
5) probetalk.com
6) toronto accords
7) racemode
8. RSX toronto chapter
9) IAPECC
10) sweetie girl racing
11) team full extreme
12) Girl Tech Racing
13) Toronto Integra's
14) Team Evolution

still have to get in touch with
1) icon productions
2) r-squadron
3) domestic disturbance
4) maximum performance
5) rx7 club of toronto
6) del sol club of toronto
7) PACER police division
8. Toronto Subaru's
9) Flow (calling tomorrow)
10) Sport Compact National

I need this spread out to all the team you know, the origina idea was it was guest list only whereby you confirm who you are associated with and then your name is on paper and your allowed in and those not associated with anyone would park in a desinated area. Well, plans have changed, after looking at the show schedule,it appears that there will be no shows on July 20th that would conflict with this meet. The organization aspect still stays the same where by teams are alloted spots, if they exceed the number of designated spots the rest must find parking tha may not be so close to their friends. I cannot restrict anyone from attending this meet seeing how its success is dependent on the number of individuals who show up. But I do ask that no loud music is played and no one revs hard or does a smoke show.

Tell everyone you know about this and mke them aware of parking arangements. I dont want ths to be a failure and therefore I wish to meet with representatives from each club next week to discuss how the event will go and to take back to its members what the intentions of this meet are, to educate the public and to have a good time. I will be trying to contact various media to gain more support, I would hope sport compact national among many othe magazines and E-zine's attend the event for coverage.

The location is yet to be decided upon, if you have ideas let me know keep in mind we are expecting 500+ cars!

PS: I will keep you updated on when the representative from all the teams will be meeting.

Gamite
07-05-2002, 02:18 PM
Bimmerfest is July 20th, but if I decide not to go, I'll help organize this.

I'm sure the members from max are interested. Right guys?

VWGuy
07-05-2002, 03:29 PM
Team SYC RIDE is not on the list and also GenerationIV ( http://www.generationiv.com ) home of the HARDCORE DUBZ

You can also post on VW VORTEX

I will show up to this one for sure.

GladdoM3
07-05-2002, 03:36 PM
i will come with the E46 M3

VWGuy
07-05-2002, 03:36 PM
I've posted your info to GENERATIOIV and VWVORTEX add those to your list

MAZDA KID
07-06-2002, 06:01 PM
Thanx alot guys for making this a sticky...yeah I met some of the vortex people yesterday at kennedy commons and again at woodbine....yellow VW and a red one.

Here is my latest update!

Ok as it stands right now, I have spoken with Sgt, Kenny who is the liason for the PACER police division, and he will be attending the meet. We need a team that has what is called "rider insurance" this is a form of insurance coverage that goes anywhere the team goes. The pickering flea market is asking for 5 million dollars worth of coverage which costs about $500 in canadian funds to buy this type of coverage for just one day. Any team who has this form of coverage will be ultimately granted the position of main supporting team. I am in contact right now with Flow 93.5 to see if they are available to attend this meet, as well as Sport Compacts National and PAS. At this point 25 GTA based INTERNET car clubs have been invited, as for the other clubs like sic ryde and team illusion and new image, etc. they have yet to be contacted. I am currently on the look out for a dj to spin for us and there has been interest shown in having a freestyle battle, if the deal falls through and we do have it at the flea market, we will have just a simple food thing set up with the various hot dog vendors. It just so happens that right across the street earlier that day there will be a show at the canadian tire. I am hosting this solely on my own, I have also been thinking of having a cover charge of just $2 where the proceeds will be donated to a charity, the charity would be MADD, since this weekends car show gave me the idea. Hopefully people wont mind paying 2 dollars. All entrances I hope will be blocked off except for two, the reason is to limit the amount of cars coming in and to most importantly control the actions of the drivers. The parking will be arranged a certain way, it is suggested that ALL team arrive 1 hour before the venue opens in order to set up their booths, reverse into their spots and park in their designated areas. This will also apply to all shops who wish to attend. This is by no means a car show, but a meeting whereby people share interests and reflect on the import scene. The reason for the early attendance of the teams is so that enterance into the meet is not overly crowded, I want them in early so people who are not associtated with teams can park in the desginated section and NOT drive up and down the rows looking at cars, they will go to the section entitled no group association and then can proceed to walk around and join the festivities. Meets like this have been attempted but have never worked out, I am hoping that I can revolutionize the way cars meet in the GTA and provide a basis for other things to come. Please forward this to your team members as this is the latest information that describes the purpose of this meeting, to unite all teams and clubs of car enthusiasts in the GTA.

Sean
Member of Strictly Imports
Founder of Team Decepticon
s2000 mx6

MAZDA KID
07-13-2002, 12:53 AM
so who is the rep for maxbimmer.com? the rep meeting will be taking place on tuesday july 16th at 8pm at FORMULA HONDA in the board room

THE MEET HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FROM JULY 20TH TO AUGUST 3RD!!!!!!!!!!! NOW ALL YOU MAXBIMMER GUYS CAN SHOW UP....WOULD THE MAX BIMMER REP PLEASE EMAIL ME

Phiberoptik16@hotmail.com

Bliss
07-15-2002, 01:47 PM
This would be good, except that August 3rd is the long weekend..I'm gone that day.:( btw: check your email.

BMW BMXer
07-15-2002, 02:02 PM
if i have my car ill be there if not maybe ill go with my friend who is parta toronto civics

MAZDA KID
07-17-2002, 12:30 AM
I would like to extend my thanks of gratitude t the maxbimmer rep and for providing us with your input, t'was very "interesting" tonight, im expecting that you post on what we discussed seeing as how I must update all he other boards whos reps did not attend the meet.

Gamite
07-17-2002, 03:08 AM
Yeah, it was interesting, for the most part, I didnt quite know what the meeting was for, I thought it was to set up the Meet.

Anyways, we discussed the Pacer program, there was a representative from the program, and we discussed how "racers" and Pacer could work together. Although it didnt really concern us as much because most of the cars that are getting pulled over are mostly done up are jap imports.

'88 325e
07-17-2002, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Gamite
Yeah, it was interesting, for the most part, I didnt quite know what the meeting was for, I thought it was to set up the Meet.

Anyways, we discussed the Pacer program, there was a representative from the program, and we discussed how "racers" and Pacer could work together. Although it didnt really concern us because most of the cars that are getting pulled over are mostly done up are jap imports.

Wha'.....? :huh?:

Gamite
07-17-2002, 08:01 AM
What part duncha understand?

MAZDA KID
07-17-2002, 03:43 PM
you were sitting beside me right?...the meet is basically set....we have the money for th insurance...we are good to go. I never seen your bmw there, what side did you park on?

Gamite
07-17-2002, 08:12 PM
I was kinda confused, arent the cars supposed to be in specific areas? I didnt hear any of that.

My car was on the south side, behind the gates.

Jon@Bimmersport
07-23-2002, 03:00 PM
so..wats going on here? when is this huge meet?