PDA

View Full Version : wich brand model cars ?

DrunkFuX
08-17-2004, 10:04 AM
i wanna start with a nice collection of model cars like 1:18 car's..

but wich brand is the best ? I know Burago, Maisto and Hot Wheels.. but wich brand is the best ? the most realistic ?..

thnx guys ! *th-up*

DrunkFuX
08-17-2004, 10:07 AM
or do you guys prefer other brands ? :)

Understated
08-17-2004, 10:33 AM
BBurago....i had like 3 of these models...and a few Maisto(not as great)

Hot wheels..decent but still not better than Burango..even the 'elite' series of hot wheels is at best on par with burango...but i find Burango has the nicest/cleanest paint jobs, nice attention to the detail...and overall better 'build quality'

there are some other good model car manuf. as well however their are independant and a lot more expensive...don't own any of those ones since i gave up collecting...no room tos tore the cars :D

5style
08-17-2004, 10:46 AM
BBurago :) Not because they are the best , but beacuse they are euro and the boxes smell sooo damn good!!!! HAHA :D

Understated
08-17-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by 405Style
BBurago :) Not because they are the best , but beacuse they are euro and the boxes smell sooo damn good!!!! HAHA :D

LMFAO...do i even want to know why u were sniffing the boxes?:huh?: :D

5style
08-17-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Superman87
LMFAO...do i even want to know why u were sniffing the boxes?:huh?: :D

Beats me*angel*

Lennon
08-17-2004, 10:54 AM
I have a lot of Auto Art.

DrunkFuX
08-17-2004, 10:55 AM
allright.. so BBurago it the best ! *th-up* thnx people..

5style
08-17-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Lennon
I have a lot of Auto Art.

Oh yeah!!! I totally forgot about those!! AutoArt is what I recommend too!! I m still asleep here :mad: *sleep*

Understated
08-17-2004, 10:59 AM
hehe...yea!...i've seen autoart..their nice...they have this really SICK Chevy Impala SS that weighs like 8lbs...it has SWEET detail to it

*th-up*

Gianpaolo_E46
08-17-2004, 12:50 PM
yea autoart is amazing i also have a few of those dub city escalades and dodge ram pick ups

King Luis
08-17-2004, 01:45 PM
i've have yet to see a company better then autoart....detail is insane and price it's too expensive

ROCKETMAN
08-18-2004, 05:49 PM
"Auto Art", or "UT Models" are the best, that u can commonly find. But thats why they are twice as expensive as Bburago.
BBurago is the worst, quality and detail. They are at teh bottom of the chart. A collection store taht i used to go to had a chart of Price vs. Quality. He had like 20 diff. manufacturers, most of which i cant remember. Hot Wheels has now picked up their act, and have decent ones, especially for the price.
I have all kinds, but my best one is a white (with blue racing stripes) 2003 Ford GT concept. And that is made by "The Beanstalk Group." Its very well made. ( like autoart maybe better)

BMWF1
08-19-2004, 04:42 AM
Ok, your brands suck those are like the cheapest model details, defenty ONLY get Auto Art, MiniChamps or Exotic (sp?)

Nascar318is
08-19-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by 405Style

Nothing wrong with sniffing boxes:D

1:18....man that's a good size scale...$$$$

BBurago, I have 2 vipers from them. Awsome quality, and detail

johnoz
08-19-2004, 12:18 PM
When I was a kid I used to build Tamiya models(I guess they are Japanese) and on some models they were in par with German Model manufacturers if not better.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/

///MAC
08-19-2004, 06:32 PM
yea autoart is the most realistic of all the brands, there is a store downtown that makes 1/10th scales of ferraris and other excotics which sell for about 20 gs, but its amazing, everything down to real carpet on the flooring to real pipes for the motor

takeshi
08-19-2004, 07:35 PM
bburago what the heck :puke:

Depending on your budget, I would say Kyosho from Japan is a good start. Very good detail, includes stuff like real carpeting or workable armrest compartments etc. Exoto definately makes some of the best stuff I've seen so far. IMO Autoart detailing isn't that great, I think they look ok exterior wise.

ROCKETMAN
08-19-2004, 10:33 PM
:confused: Whats with all u people saying that Bburago are awsome??????? HAve you looked at teh same car by another manufacturer and compared????

SickFinga
08-20-2004, 11:03 PM
1. Exoto
2. Minichamps
3. Autoart and Kyosho
4. UT (I know UT is now Autoart, but autoart is better)
5. Bburago
6. Hot wheels
7. Maisto.

These are the most popular brands ranked from best to worst.
I got 200+ 1/18 models myself 100+ of them are BMW.
If you want amazing detailing, start saving for Exoto, their models are simply AMAZING. THe only downside, they dont make a lot of cars, only old race cars with alot of history behind them except the 2 hummers they make.

Minichamps, Autoart and Kyosho is the way to go really.

PS. If you want a 850 model, your only choice is Maisto

Understated
08-20-2004, 11:08 PM
back when i was 13

this was practically all i had in my price range :D

5. Hot wheels
6. Bburago
7. Maisto

but honestly the low end hotwheel models are crap compared to the high end bburango ones...i have a viper gts coupe by bburango and a 360 modena by hot wheels(yes i know diff model and all) but the differences in detail are astounding (bburango being the better one)

but i guess it different from car to car obviously...soem makers just make them better than others i guess....pretty much all of maisto's models are low grade tho...i think i got one maisto model as a gift and it was a 98 vette convertible...horrible quality..cool paint job tho..lol

SickFinga
08-20-2004, 11:10 PM
^^^ i edit the post before you posted ;) Bburago is the best of the cheap models.

Betray
08-21-2004, 04:46 PM
AA is the best :D and kyosho

Justin e36
08-21-2004, 04:50 PM
I prefer minichamps...

SickFinga
08-21-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Betray
AA is the best :D and kyosho
Thats cause you never seen Minichamps and Exoto
Exoto just blows away AA.

Ryousuke
08-22-2004, 12:15 AM
okay I was at Yorkdale and I found a little place there that sold some AutoArt models and it was M3 CSL and they wanted 150$ for it... on eBay with overpriced shipping it'll cost 80 CAD also I think buying directley from their site it'll be cheaper... after I head the price I was like wtf?! put the model down and walked away

ToBimer
08-22-2004, 02:33 PM
go to the place on yorkville (forgot the name). i picked up the csl for 70 + tax.

Understated
08-22-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Ryousuke
okay I was at Yorkdale and I found a little place there that sold some AutoArt models and it was M3 CSL and they wanted 150$ for it... on eBay with overpriced shipping it'll cost 80 CAD also I think buying directley from their site it'll be cheaper... after I head the price I was like wtf?! put the model down and walked away

yup thats the guy that caused me to stop collecting model cars...he wanted 95 for a friggin chevy impala SS..that was a while ago and then i decided i'd spend my money elsewhere

Ryousuke
08-22-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by ToBimer
go to the place on yorkville (forgot the name). i picked up the csl for 70 + tax.

I think it'll still be cheaper off eBay :\... I wonder how many tards they get buying their models at like 2x - 3x the price from the official site :\.... guess they never heard of such thing as eBay

Ryousuke
08-22-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by ToBimer

Just ordered me a Steel Gray CSL for 79CAD