PDA

View Full Version : Xenons in a non-xenon car I need help

nvr2much
08-14-2004, 10:28 PM
Okay I recently put xenon lights in my non-xenon e46 323ci but now the burnt out headlight indicator on my dash is always on.

Can anyone tell my how I can get my burnt-out headlight indicator to stay off when my lights are not turned on (it turns off when i turn the lights on). I remember hearing about some resistor or something that I could install to trick the system into not turning the warning light on.... but then again I could be crazy... Am I stuck with the lindicator being on forever or is there a way to fix my problem????

Mystikal
08-14-2004, 11:43 PM
Did you search on E46fanatics? The answer is on there.

Surk
12-11-2004, 04:13 PM
You can pull out fuse #32 and it should go out...or have dealer flash ECM for xenon equipped..

Okay I recently put xenon lights in my non-xenon e46 323ci but now the burnt out headlight indicator on my dash is always on.

Can anyone tell my how I can get my burnt-out headlight indicator to stay off when my lights are not turned on (it turns off when i turn the lights on). I remember hearing about some resistor or something that I could install to trick the system into not turning the warning light on.... but then again I could be crazy... Am I stuck with the lindicator being on forever or is there a way to fix my problem????

Deep 3.2TL
01-02-2005, 10:46 PM
Which Xenon upgrade kit did you use? I'm looking into it and it's so crazy the swinging of prices and "reliability" listed on them... I could use the opinion of a fellow E46'r...

Thanks,

Deep

Surk
01-02-2005, 11:32 PM
I bought the 6000k kit from www.xenondepot.com they're best from my research.. I have 2 friends with them a no probs after 2 yrs.. You will have to get dealer to enable xenons to get rid of dash warning light..

Deep 3.2TL
01-03-2005, 10:58 PM
I'm assuming you mean the Converstion Kit - right?

Also - the question I always had looking at these is how do you get the H7 bulb to stay in the headlight unit? Do you have to mod the headlight unit?

Deep

Surk
01-04-2005, 06:33 PM
You have to mod or buy an extra set of lowbeam holders... use a dremel and it works fine...I'm EXTREMELY happy with the results and I get NO one flashing me as some saythey have encountered.. email me at surk@cogeco.ca and I can send you the PDF DIY on holder mod..

I'm assuming you mean the Converstion Kit - right?

Also - the question I always had looking at these is how do you get the H7 bulb to stay in the headlight unit? Do you have to mod the headlight unit?

Deep